FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ok, now, nobody stone me...

Author Topic: Ok, now, nobody stone me...
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
...for not letting you guys know sooner,

But, I got married
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Two weeks ago today, My fantastic, loving fiancee Melissa became my fantastic, loving wife.

She is the most amazing woman and I am a very, very lucky man that she said yes, and then followed it a few months later with an 'I do'.

Don't be mad that I've been rather scarce lately and haven't posted about her before. I was busy being smitten. I was in deep smit. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

(reaching around for a rock...)

[ April 19, 2005, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I smit you? [Razz]

But otherwise: [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] [Mad]

Congratulations! I have no intentions of going that route any time soon, but good for you.

*Starts wondering if there is a thing for Melissa's this year*

My sister is getting married this coming winter. Her name is Melissa.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Thank You!

::ducks for cover::

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You can make it up to us by posting wedding pictures on Foobonic.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Ooh. I hadn't thought of it. Damn fine idea.
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! Good job!

Edit: Blast! I was gonna be first, but the hold music stopped and I was otherwise distracted.

You do realize, however, that being caught up in the arms of your wife and not posting means you are not an official Hatrack addict. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Noemon, coming from you that's strangely ironic.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] Congratulations
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Married! How cool!

I highly recommend it.

Congratulations.

So...tell us all about it.

[Hat]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Congratulations! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Noemon, coming from you that's strangely ironic.
Innit though?

[Big Grin]

Actually I've been thinking about remedying that.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

!!!
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
You really got married without even telling us or inviting us to the wedding? Amazing.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! Cool!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Now what's her screenname?

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow odouls! It's good to see you...and it's really crazy that now you're a married version of your former self. [Smile] The odouls formerly known as unmarried? Maybe.

Congrats!

(Chris, your post made me laugh out loud!)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't you be odouls536 now?

In any case, congrats! [Big Grin]

[ April 19, 2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

quote:
You really got married without even telling us or inviting us to the wedding? Amazing
Yes...but no.

It is important to point out that she and I got married in Key West Florida, just the two of us. Her brother is currently serving in Iraq and would have been unable to attend a big ceremony, so we are having a big wedding ceremony upon his return, to which all of our loved ones will be invited and I hope (despite my...well...eloping) all of you Cards will attend as you all fall into the 'loved ones' category. It won't be for at least a year, as her brother has quite a while left in his deployment, but it will happen and you are absolutely invited.

[ April 19, 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: odouls268 ]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Married is a good place to be, providing you're married to the right person...

I also strongly support elopement. It's what we did. [Big Grin]

Have a very happy joyously wonderfully peaceful married life together! [Party]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, David, since your dad hasn't mentioned this marriage of yours to anybody around here, I have to ask. DID YOU EVEN TELL YOUR FATHER? And if not, please stand a little closer so I can strangle you within an inch of your hastily-married life.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Shouldn't you actually stand back and let his dad do the strangling? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
No, Rivka. You don't know Policarpo. You can give him a body blow that breaks three ribs, and he'll smile faintly and wonder what he did to deserve it. Then he'll stagger off and write you a thank-you note for waking him to his unworthiness.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I'll take your word for it. [Smile]

*stands back and lets Scott strangle odouls*

odouls268
Member # 2145

[Smile] Yes I told my father.
I introduced Melissa to him very early on in the relationship and he likes her and approves. He knew we were going to get married beforehand and everything.
Mom knew too, and actually, I did tell Emily a couple weeks before i made the plunge too.

But yes, I told Dad, so please let me keep breathing [Wink]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Big huge congrats!

Winter/Spring 2005 is a big wedding time for Hatrack, but hey, look at it this way. You all can remind each other of your anniversaries. And by "you" I mean the guys. [Big Grin] (Just kidding. A bit of stereotyping, sorry.)

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [The Wave]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.

oh and, *throws sticks, not stones*

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Thank you all very very much.

[Smile]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, odouls, best wishes for a very happy marriage. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [The Wave] [Party]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!! (and glad to see you posting again too... are you going to lure her into Hatrack depravity??)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably - the new wife will be understandably curious as to the identity of the mistress demanding all her husband's attention. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
ODOULS! [Eek!]

That's fantastic!!! Mazeltov, my friend!! Congratulations! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*falls over laughing*

mmm, Key West. I love Key West. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Congrats!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.