FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reading Aloud Club (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Reading Aloud Club
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I haven't gotten it yet. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It should be there very soon..it was a fair size file so it might take a few....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Me telling jokes. 4.3MB. I tried using the noise removal (I'd tried it before with unsatisfactory results), I think it did some weird things to the overall recording, but it also did remove a lot of the static.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

It isn't great, it really affects the sound of your voice...but the part of the joke about the snakes sounded perfect....talk about weird, huh?

It wasn't bad overall...it is easier to hear, without the static.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

::::taps::

Still waiting.....

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Still haven't got an e-mail. [Grumble]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Just sent it to you again.....at the email here listed at hatrack....
Kwea
Member # 2199

I just recorded more Shakespeare as well, and sent it to you.....

The big email, with my poems in it, have been sent, and I hope you got it this time!

Kwea

[ April 30, 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Did you get it?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Got all three. [Smile] While I was napping. [Wink]

A watched pot never boils, you know. [Wink]

Kwea
Member # 2199

lol...

Good.

So where is mine? Just because you don't have a mic.....

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Grumble] Dumb butt manager. Stupid UPS. I should really complain that they didn't come when they were supposed to.

I am practicing my reading. Hopefully I will do it on Monday.

Kwea
Member # 2199

[The Wave]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I will be away for a few days....so when I get back I better have some emails, darnit!

Kwea

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry, Kwea! I will get you some soon. It's bananas at our house this weekend, and the computer time we do have is being shared out three ways, so I haven't had a chance to listen or send anything.

But I'm so so happy that other people are enjoying this, and I'll soon be actively participating once again. I'm thinking of some more cool stuff to read, and I'm dying to get a chance to listen to the new stuff that's available. Please keep it coming, everyone, as I'll be able to catch up with the backlog in a single evening, I'm sure, and then be hurting for more. [Smile]

You guys rock!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't beleiev I never saw this thread before. I love hearing people read! [Big Grin]

I don't have microphone here but perhaps when I get back to my family house I will record something, if I can find anything. [Smile]

quote:
A capella singing doesn't really belong in this thread, does it? I guess I should start a separate one...
Yes, do! (or did you already and I missed it?).
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I wants the singing thread. Start it!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Teshi, I sent you some files to get started on, from my parents house, including two read by JenniK, and a new one by me....Ulysses.

Kwea

Teshi
Member # 5024

Hey Kwea, I got your e-mail [Smile] but my computer doesn't recognise the type of files you sent. It shows up on my computer as a cda file.

What do I do?

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have no idea..they were mp3 files.

I will try again...this is my parents computer, adn I burned a disk for my mom for her birthday, so maybe that was the problem.

Kwea

Teshi
Member # 5024

Yes, I don't think that worked at all. They're all tiny "cda" files.

Hm.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
CDA files aren't music files, they're pointers to the music files on a CD.

What sizes are the files you tried to send, kwea?

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I am ripping them from the CD now, and will resend them in about 5 min....sorry about that, this is all sort of new to me. I don't know why sending them from teh disk wa a problem, since window media player reads them fine off the disk in the first place.... [Smile]
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, if they were on an audio cd they weren't mp3 files. Also, WMP was following the CDA links to the actual music, but when you copied the CDA files, all Teshi got were the pointers to the music (which is still on the CD), not the actual music.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I figured that out before I even posted that, minus the actual compuspeak, but I still found it a bit odd.

I rippped the tracks to the my music folder, and tehn attached a copy of the files (wma this time) to an email...too bad it took so long that hotmail booted me and I lost the whole daamn thing after spending 30 min uploading it. I HATE not being at home on my own computer, this one has had all sorts of problems that even the tech people at Comcast weren't able to solve.

Plus, it is set up different than mine, so I have to relearn where everything is on this one, and dumb stuff like what happened above occurs while I do so.

I sent Teshi half the files this time, and CC myself...and they played from hotmail, so it should work ok this time.

Anyone else want copies of any of it while I am at it? I have all the work I have done so far, plus JenniK reading her two favorite poems...The Colussus, and She Walks in Beauty....

Kwea

[ May 02, 2005, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
You will never believe me... We were talking about a portable recorder on Friday, remember ? Well, guess what Hubby gave me on Friday evening ? A mp3 player that records too !
I will work on that as soon as possible (I wasn't home this WE and couldn't try it).

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Bumped for my reference. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I've done Shakespeare's 116th sonnet. If anyone besides Kwea is interested, e-mail me: ketchupqueen AT sbcglobal DOT net.

I have started and deleted The Cat Who Walked By Himself three times because I keep being interrupted, so it's on hold for now. Maybe I'll try something else first.

Teshi
Member # 5024

Kwea, it worked! [Smile] Very nice [Smile] .

Send the others, please!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Teshi, do you want mine?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe we just need a list of people to send to when we have stuff to send; I'm too lazy to wade through 4 pages.

And when are we going to have the a cappella singing thread, twinky?

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'll set us up a yahoo group. Then everyone can upload their files and we can download whatever we want of them. Sound good?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

If people are using copyrighted material, though, they can't post it.
Boon
unregistered

True, but we can limit membership...and it would also give us a list of people to send stuff to.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sounds good to me.
Boon
unregistered

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jatraqueros/
Boon
unregistered

I set it up so that I have to approve all new members. Just include your hatrack handle when joining. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Done.

Also, I've done "Jabberwocky", by Lewis Carroll. I find it entertaining. I hope you all will, too. E-mail above or join the group if you want it. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Files uploaded.
Boon
unregistered

kq can now approve memberships, too. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Really? Cool!

I have the power!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*approves Hobbes*

This is fun!

Hobbes
Member # 433

I joined the group under the explicit understanding that more people would laugh at my funny jokes.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

You have a very nice voice KQ. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Perhaps if you posted a link to your jokes on the group messages, your understanding would be validated. [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

No problem, Hobbes, as soon as I hear a funny one I will.... [Evil] [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Why, thank you. [Smile]
Boon
unregistered

FYI, no one can access anything posted on this group except members. Not posts, not archives, not files, nothing. Just so's ya know.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Application sent...........

KQ, are you using Audacity? If you are, the space key is pause, and you can edit too, so if you get interrupted you can just pause, then pick up where you left off and cut out the mistake/interruption after itis all recorded.

I messed up a few times but I just stopped, and reread the part, then cut out the mistake.

Kwea

Boon
unregistered

You were approved ages ago Kwea. [Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.