FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reading Aloud Club (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Reading Aloud Club
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
My validation link is up. Someone has to like engineering/math jokes!

I can't decide what to record next, but I have to admit, I've always enjoyed reading out loud.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I could hear the Jabberwoky one, but when I clicked on the sonnet it said that WMP can't read it.

[ May 02, 2005, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Um. They're the exact same format.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea, I'm using All Sound Recorder. There is a pause, but I'd rather just start over.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Annie darling has never heard "Annabel Lee" so I put that one up (it's just under the group).

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You have the perfect voice for Annabel Lee, Hobbes. [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

I have the perfect model for Annabel Lee. [Smile]

Thank-you. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(You might remind your beloved to join the group.)
Hobbes
Member # 433

But of course, when we converse next it shall be chief among us as a topic of the most dire importance; but for now my dear, she rests not so amicably in her oft too heavy duties and I shall, perchance, wait a season before I trouble her humble happenings.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 02, 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You mean her too heavy doings, right? And that's rather a run-on, I believe.
Hobbes
Member # 433

When one wishes to verbosely express one's feelings on a subject, Mrs. Queen, one must sometimes fit more in a sentence than that sentence can otherwise adequately carry. It is the bane of the high-spoken, that they must carry such heavy lines with them; but it is one lightened by the knowledge that you will always be on the look-out, so to recognize our burden as to the weight of such a load.

Hobbes [Smile]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, kq, send me what you did... [Smile]

EDIT: Unless they are both online in the group, in which case you do not need to. [Big Grin] .

[ May 02, 2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

They are. [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm thinking of The Paper Bag Princess. That's a good read-aloud. But it'd definitely under copyright. I'm not sure I want to be the first one to do that.
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent in a request to join the group. I have been reading this thread with interest and I hope to be able to contribute soon.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You're in. [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

I really like reading scriptures aloud, but I don't want to afflict the delicate sensibilities of those who have condescended to participate in our noble venture. Would any person object to such a reading? If, perchance, you were vexed with the prospect of so admitting in our delightful chat here, I cordially invite you to message me by e-mail, which I will receive with caution and anonymity, and no spite shall lay between us.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 02, 2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hobbes, you could always record whatever you want, post that it's available, and let those who are interested e-mail you for it.
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You could always upload them, and then those who don't want to hear it can choose not to download it. [Big Grin]

edit: Gah! Beat to the punch!

[ May 02, 2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Boon ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I don't think anyone here would mind, and if they do, well....they don't have to download it.

I would hope that you would continue to read secular material as well, though, as I am not always in teh mood for scripture, even when I would like to hear your voice reading.... [Smile]

Kwea

[ May 02, 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I just tried to download it again, and windows can't read teh sonnet at all.

I treid a few min later, adn now Yahoo says we have "exceeded the group download limit"....

Wow, that lasted long.... [Smile]

Teshi, I am sending you files 7-13 now, give me a few to get them off...

I DID get to hear the Jabberwoky one, and I liked it a lot.

Kwea

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm.

Perhaps I will delete the files and send them all around.

Hobbes
Member # 433

Revelation 6.

I'll link it in the group too. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Don't delete!

Just send them around. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I didn't delete yours, and I sent a message out saying that if you want it, you need to e-mail me.

Of course, if you aren't set to recieve e-mails, you didn't get it.

Hobbes
Member # 433

But why delete them? It's nice to have them all there ready to be downloaded so when we want to hear them in three weeks, we don't have to worry about if we saved your e-mail or not. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Boon
unregistered

Apparently, we only have 20 mb space to upload files. We can still email the files to the group, though.
Boon
unregistered

I just created a database, so you can post the files you have available by request. Better?
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well I just added all mine to the database and put the URL as the e-mail address. So far none of my stuff is copy-right. Hope I did right. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Much better. [Smile]

I'm going to go ahead and do The Paper Bag Princess. But all my readings are available only by e-mail, so it's all good, right?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Done. E-mail to recieve it.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Please add my contributions to the database too, pls...

Original Poems
My Music
M'Lady
What Does He Have
My Heart

I will send list of all of them later, when I get home....we are heading to dinner, so I have to go.

Kwea

Boon
unregistered

All members can add to the database.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Twinky, 'The Man Who Counted' was a great story. It's funny when you start to laugh, because you start laughing before the listener knows WHY.

[Laugh]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a whole book, actually. A couple hundred pages. But it starts using diagrams and stuff, so I can't read the whole thing.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I did wonder... although it does work as a short story, too, almost. [Smile]

I'll have to get the book out the libary, then, to finish it.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I recruited Ketchup Prince Consort, and we did two of Paul Fleischman's "Poems for Two Voices", one from I Am Phoenix and one from Joyful Noise.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so cool. I'll have to participate on the sly - emailing my submissions from work because it's slightly faster than the Dial Up from Heck I have at home.

I'm tempted to do something in French, just because I'm rusty and out of practice and I think recording yourself is fabulous practice. Maybe I'll do Le Petit Prince or L'Enfant de Sable or my all-time favorite Franternité. I could translate that one into English too, I believe...

Maybe if I do something in French it will convince Anna to do something in English. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

This really is fun. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, French! Yeah, that would be awesome! I could do something in French too! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I theoretically could, but you might all have to chew one of your own legs off in order to survive.

[Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Twinky, when are you starting the singing thread?
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, twink, when are you starting the singing thread?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do we need to start a thread to harass twinky into starting the thread?
Teshi
Member # 5024

I would start a thread but I don't presently have any recording equipment. So, yes! Twinky, start the thread, please! [Smile]
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been lurking (as usual) on this thread, and I've finally sent my request to join the Yahoo! group. I won't be contributing anything for a while, until I get a computer that is capable of recording, but I really look forward to listening.

Oh, and Kwea, if you haven't recorded sonnet 32 ("If thou survive my well-contented day . . . ") yet, can I please, please have dibs on it? I just finished working on it for my Voice the Performer class, and really want to share it with the Jatraqueros.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Teshi, you could start the thread harassing twinky into starting a thread. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

He hasn't, and besides, if he does, it's okay to have duplicates. [Smile]

Go ahead, do it! And add it to the database on the group when you're done. [Smile]

(I just approved you as a member.)

Teshi
Member # 5024

...I don't like harassing people...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmph.

Well, if I start the thread, will you at least post in it?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.