FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reading Aloud Club (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Reading Aloud Club
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Which, the harrassing thread or the actual thread?

I'll post [Smile] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh. Thanks a million, kq. Don't look for my masterful reading of Sonnet XXXII anytime soon. My computer is having random freeze-up issues, especially when I do anything that eats up a lot of RAM (it only has 256MB, and won't take any more.)

edit: and I'll post in the harassment thread too.

[ May 02, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Brian J. Hill ]

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume, though, that we can't post links to singing of copyrighted works here, or even just segments of copyrighted works.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but we could e-mail them.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie darling (and anyone else actually), if you e-mail me your stuff I can post it. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I added my selections to the database....and after doing so I realized it was time to let others post some for a while.... [Blushing]

Also, I can't find a way to edit the title of one of the entries in the database, as I mispelled something....or rather I overcapitolized a letter. [Big Grin]

Anyone want any of these, I can send them, just let me know....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I fixed it for you. And put last name of author first. We had it the other way for a while, but I like this soooo much better. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and no one has asked for KPC's and my "duets". You guys don't want to hear? We're not that bad! [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks....must be nice, being a mod and all... [Cry]

[Big Grin]

I asked for all of yours, it isn't MY fault you don't read well..... [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You asked BEFORE we recorded those. [Razz]

But if you think I don't read well, then you don't want to hear them, do you? *sniff*

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got something up, listed in the DB. More will come.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have everything you have sent so far, guys, and am going to go get TomD's recording.....so I should be set for a few days.

However, if anyone has anything new to mention, then let me know. I can always use more for later.... [Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Hey twinky, that book really gets you every time, huh? [Big Grin]

It sounded great though...you have a really rich voice.

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I asked to join the group.
BTW, Kwea, thank you for the e-mail - I have troubles making my uber-old computer at work connect to my mp3 player to have the file ready to listen, but I'm working on it.
EDIT : I tried to make sure it worked, and Kwea, I never imagined you with such a beautiful bass voice ! I don't know why, I always "heard" you as a tenor. [Smile] I can't listen to everything since I'm at work, and tonight is choir rehersal, but tomorrow I'll enjoy your records.

[ May 03, 2005, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

It's a great book! I'd read more of it (it's 200+ pages) but as you progress there are diagrams and so forth that would be difficult to translate aloud. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I liked your reading a lot Tom. [Big Grin]

Ohh, and AK darling, I realizied I didn't answer a question of yours from forever ago on this thread. We talked once when I went to WenchCon and you called (or someone called you, I can't remember).

Also, I'd love to hear your readings, anything you've got. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 03, 2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I put up a new "The Raven", much better sound quality. [Smile] Same URL.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'll check it out. [Smile] Did you get my e-mail?
Hobbes
Member # 433

I did! [Smile] Thanks. [Cool]

(I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet, that's next on my list)

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 04, 2005, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I second that, although I posted to the group. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Group shmoop, I want my Terry Pratchet!

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Another one

Hobbes [Smile]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear ya. [Smile] More Small Gods will be forthcoming.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I liked it a lot, Tom..you do all the voices very well, btw.... [Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Blushing]

I guess you can tell I like this a lot...as I have recorded 11 things. 11 now that I posted Ulysses....

11!

Time to take a break, I think....

I have liatened to almost all of the files sent to me, though, so at least I am not hogging ALL teh spotlight.

Just most of it.... [Blushing]

[ May 04, 2005, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried to record something several times, but I keep getting interrupted. It's very frustrating. Maybe I should try something shorter, like a poem or something.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

You can always fiddle around with the editing part too..just restart reading before the goof, and then use CUT from edit to remove it later....

[ May 04, 2005, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, trying to catch up now.

1. How do I join our yahoo group?
2. Who wants any of my stuff?
3. What is available that I can listen to? I want everytthing anyone records.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I recorded some stuff last night, and will be able to send it out when I get to work and have broadband access. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I want it, Annie!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Tatiana:

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jatraqueros/ . In your request to join, make sure you mention your HR screenname. Once you join, you'll have access to a list of everything that's available (at least what people have entered into the database).

Annie, when you get a chance, enter your stuff into the database, please. It doesn't take long, and we won't have to keep re-listing what's available. [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

Is anyone else on a Mac? I've exported mine from Garage Band, and it turns them into aiffs. Is there a way to make them mp3s without buying that nifty Amadeus II program that my trial period ran out on?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie: import them into iTunes (I have it set so garageband does that automatically), select the track, go to the Advanced menu, and choose Convert Selection to MP3. If it doesn't say MP3, go into the application Preferences, Importing, and choose the MP3 Encoder and Good Quality, then use Convert Selection.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm sure someone has freeware for it... Will the same thing that works for Audacity work for it? *is clueless*
Annie
Member # 295

Nevermind - I answered my own question.

In iTunes, you can simply control-click on the song and choose "convert to mp3."

This does not, in case you're wondering, work on m4ps. You still have to burn and then re-rip those.

Annie
Member # 295

Hee hee. I don't have to answer my own questions if I think enough in advance to check for replies.

Thanks Fugu [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

[Razz]
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
this is SO cool! thanks guys!

*waits to be approved at yahoo*

I can't wait till I have time to record stuff!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

creepy.

I got the e-mail of my approval like 5 seconds after that last post...

speedy!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That would be me; if I'm online, I get an e-mail notification through Yahoo Messenger, and can click on it, go directly to the e-mail as it comes in, then click on the link in the e-mail, and it takes me one second to verify you mentioned your Hatrack SN and click "approve". [Big Grin]
Hobbes
Member # 433

I think Annie has left her broadband conntection, can anyone forward her stuff to me?

(Annie, you should know I default to wanting your recordings! [No No] [Kiss] )

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I've asked her for them, like, three times, and she didn't send them to me, either. [Frown]
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
kq, thanks for doing such a great job keeping up with requests.

I think I've approved...maybe 3 people, because when I get the email to to approve them, they already have been.

*laugh

I think the only time I have a chance is if I'm logged into yahoo and just happen to check the members pending in time.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I posted some more of The Man Who Counted.
Dragon
Member # 3670

What ever happened to White Nights? I looked for it on the database but it wasn't there...
Annie
Member # 295

I think I'll just have to email mine to Hobbes tomorrow and see if he'll host them on his Purdue space. Otherwise, I just can't keep up; even my broadband at work is firewall-slow.

Ansible time is expensive, you know? [Razz]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got my Yahoo sign on fixed up and requested membership in the group. I want to get all the stuff off Yahoo that people have put there, however I don't think I want to load my stuff up onto Yahoo. I think I prefer to continue to email it individually to people who request it. I'm just weird like that. [Smile]

Right now I'm trying to catch up. If you requested something from me, I will send it soon. [Smile] If you sent stuff to me, I'll listen to it and reply to you soon. Thanks!

I'm so glad other people are interested in this too. This is so much fun! [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

ak, we have nothing posted on Yahoo, because there was limitations on the space and amount of downloading.

All we are using the yahoo thing for is posting in a database things that we have recorded...some people put links to their web space, and others are doing a request line, like you want to do.

But as of yesterday I don't think anything was actually hosted on Yahoo....

Kwea

Clincher
Member # 7395

- posted      Profile for Clincher           Edit/Delete Post 
I like non-black apples.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.