FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Editor Needed

Author Topic: Editor Needed
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I joined this extra-curricular thing. We each interviewed a veteran of WWII, and the interview was recorded on tape. We then had to take the transcript and turn it inot a story for publication. I am finished my rough copy, and was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be nice enough to help me polish it up.

A bit of background: The veteran who I interviewed was a british woman who was in a prisoner-of-war camp in the Phillipenes. She was imprisoned by the Japanese in Hong Kong when she was three.

If anyone would like to edit this for me, it would be much appreciated. Thank You [Smile]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I am untried as an editor, and I am not convinced I would be at all qualified for the task, but I would be immensely interested in reading the paper in any event.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be willing to look at it for you if you wnat....when do you need it back? I will be working the next two day but I could probably read it and help a bit...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

I'll need it in about a week.. no rush. It is five pages long. Thank you both- It should be shooting off to the e-mails in your profiles momentarily.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got it...I will show it to my wife, JenniK here at Hatrack, if you don't mind....

She speaks Japanese, and would like to read it because she is interested in that sort of thing...

[ April 25, 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

That's fine... go right ahead.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to read it. E-mail in profile. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

Okay, so the second draft is due tomorrow. Just a gentle reminder. Thanks for all your help!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAH! I'm sorry, it's sitting in my inbox... I'm sure that the others will catch what I did, though.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a point of curiousity : is the goal simply to right a publishing-quality story, or is the goal to actually get it published?
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.