FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MOM!!! Max isn't a BOY!

Author Topic: MOM!!! Max isn't a BOY!
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thus my son announced to us that the hamster we bought him two weeks ago had had babies.

Does anyone know how many days old a hamster needs to be before it can be safely separated from it's mother?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure, but I work at a pet store and we have lots of baby hamsters, so I can find out by tomorrow night. [Razz]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple weeks if I remember correctly. We had a hampster who we thought was just fat have babies. Eight of them. Twinky, while very cute, was never very friendly with people. But after she had the kids she was trapped in a corner feeding them...looking wasted...so we brought water and food to her. After that she was real comfortable with us.

But yah, I'd say 2 weeks or more before they can be separated.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.