FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Serenity" Next Thursday?!?! (preview screenings, various cities!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Serenity" Next Thursday?!?! (preview screenings, various cities!)
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gimme the weekend to figure out my money situation. [Smile]
If it helps any, Eddie, you can totally stay at my house. I live in a co-op with 13 other people. We have people from other co-ops stay here all the time as well as anarchists, family and people just travelling around. There is also a guy who spends just about every night over at his girlfriend's house, so you'll probably have a room totally to yourself. And the food is free as long as you're here.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here's a link to an HD trailer of Serenity http://www.apple.com/quicktime/hdgallery/serenity.html
What a tease! I clicked on that, and got my hopes up, and then it said QuickTime 7 is required, and it's not out for windows yet. [Frown]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy moly! I just saw the trailer last night at Hitchhikers showing! WOW! I've not been paying much attention...besides a quick glance at a thread here and there about this movie I knew nothing of it. It's the Firefly movie right?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes [Big Grin]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
xnera --

I just found out that a co-worker of mine is traveling to Austin, TX tomorrow to see it there. (yes, got his tickets as soon as they were available, I guess). That's dedication... spending two days of vacation time and traveling two states south..

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone wanna lend me the Firefly DVDs before this comes out? [Razz]
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome.

Who wants spoilers? [Razz]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: I can't believe you got to go. [Mad]

[ May 06, 2005, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Wouldn't it be a good prank for me to spill the big spoiler to you?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I wouldn't believe you anyway. That would be a better one.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Keep being uppity...I'm barely restraining myself. [Razz]
katharina
Member # 827

<edited because my fingers move faster than my brain>

You wouldn't dare.

Besides, I already know about Serenity getting blown up.

[ May 06, 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Frisco
Member # 3765

All you have to do is be nice for four months.

And write me Haikus. [Big Grin]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Should we tell her about the thing with that one person during that really intense scene?
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Frisco restraining
hovers above the keys
good side wins again

You'd never do it. [Razz]

[ May 06, 2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

See now you're just asking for trouble.
Frisco
Member # 3765

Nah, Jon, I was thinking about that other thing with that one person.

Besides, I think she wants to know, which is why she's taunting me.

Ha! I'll never tell!

katharina
Member # 827

You're so sweet not to spoil it for me. *pat on the head*

[ May 06, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are so cute.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sad thing is, I think Katie DOES want to know. She's always asking me to spoil shows for her.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to hear spoilers.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
If you must, e-mail them back and forth, please, or start a thread specifically for the purpose. Don't post 'em here, I've got enough hassle avoiding them for five freaking more months.

Besides, Shmuel messaged me after the showing in Boston last night with the single message, "Don't Read Any Spoilers."

If you truly want spoilers, go hit the official movie site and look through the "I've Seen Serenity" forum where spoiler-laden conversation is encouraged. Just don't tell me about it.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Adam Baldwin showed up to the Seattle screening, and said a little somethunsomethun before the start of the movie. Also, Joss Whedon talked onscreen to us before the movie. He told us that if we liked the movie we should tell EVERYONE. If we didn't like the movie then he said it should be a time for quiet and contemplation. He was pretty funny. At first they (the fanfilled audience)started clapping everytime Baldwin showed up on screen (maybe in some vain attempt to curry favor?!) which was annoying because it would drown out the next spoken lines. But then they started doing it during other parts, too. Still, it was a very entertaining movie.

Adam Baldwin signed autographs after the event, and they handed out Serenity key chains. I'm definitely going to see it on September 30th, if only to see if they reedit the movie.

And Shmuel is right. You don't want the spoilers. Especially one particular spoiler. It is way too much spoiler for you.

For any of you.

God help us all.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.