FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's all Annie's fault

Author Topic: It's all Annie's fault
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'd forgotten entirely about animaniacs, hadn't really thought about it in years, but now I'm reading through the lyrics on that page linked to in the memory thread and can't believe that it's quite as funny as it is. Granted it's not the best show ever written, but I'm laughing, and that means something.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean it's not the best show ever written? [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
"Burundi Lesotho and Malawi Togo..."
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still upset that as far as I know, the show hasn't been on TV for years.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Even before Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures was brilliant.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed both.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Animaniacs runs on one of the nikolodeon channels, the only one we don't get. @$#$@$@#$@#
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else remember something called Hysteria from around 95 or 96? It was one of those brilliant-yet-obscure shows that are always getting cancelled. I got the impression that there were only a few episodes made, because I saw the same one two or three times over the eight months or so that I made a casual effort to follow it. It seemed to be essentially cartoon sketch comedy based on historical situations; they did two versions of the assassination of Julius Caesar, one starring Woody Allen as Brutus and Sylvester Stallone as Caesar, and the other featuring the members of the Rat Pack, with Sinatra as Caesar and Dean Martin as Brutus.
Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Histeria!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
"Animaniacs" was one of my favorites! When are they going to put that one on DVD? I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I was a big Animaniacs fan, too ! My sister and I would sing aloug the theme song and have the gimmicks, too. That was great !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even before Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures was brilliant.
I loved both, but when they got rid of the old Looney Tunes baggage, and created the myth of the Warners, really crazy stuff ensued.

Two things:
1.) Do not trust these "kids". Remember, they are over 65 years old.

2.) Tress MacNiel is an incredible voice talent, as are Rob Paulson and Maurice LeMarche.

*wonders if Billy West ever did work on these series*

Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Tiny Toon Adventures is still on the Nicktoons channel. If you have DirectTV, you'll have it. I sometimes watch it after school now.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

You know what else was brilliant-but-short-lived? Cartoon Planet. Not Spaceghost Coast to Coast - while it was cool, it lacked Brak. Nope, nothing as inherently brilliant as good old Cartoon Planet.

I own the Musical Barbecue CD, though, so life is OK.

MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Tick:

You, sir, are a prince among men.

Sincerely,
Matt

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've said it before and I'll say it again Sam and Max was the best cartoon show ever.

Animaniacs comes in close second though and I really miss the after school wackiness. Invader Zim comes in third.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Hysteria! I was so sad when they took it off the air. Not only is it cute and funny, but it's actually really intelligent too. My sister used to watch it before she had to catch the bus to school, and my mom would sit and watch the rest after she'd left. She enjoyed it most out of all of us. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
But what about Freakazoid? What about Tazmania (which, by the way, is way too overlooked)?
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.