FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » EuropeCon: Paris, Sep 23 - 25 -- Can you come? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: EuropeCon: Paris, Sep 23 - 25 -- Can you come?
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Seen ! And sent too ! [Wink]
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Got it. Going back to work too...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't even thought of that. How do I hook up with everyone? I won't know what train I'll be on until I'm in Spain.

I actually figured I'd post it here and/or send an e-mail to Choobak. There are internet cafes in Barcelona, right?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
You get my email, kat? I used a hotmail account I found on another forum.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Hey Kath ! I'll send you an Email with my telephone number. When , you will arrive in France, you may call me. ok ?
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Apparently all the trains from Barcelona to Paris arrive at Paris Austerlitz. I think Choobak can give you directions from there to where we'll meet, or we'll come directly at the train station to get you.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I didn't, Theca, but I'm going to my hotmail account right now.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Oh, and also most - if not all - of the trains leave from the Barcelona Sants station. And kat, I'm not sure if we showed you, but you can go to this website to search for trains: SNCF.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ok, it's official, I have a place to stay in Paris. It's on metro 13, near Mairie de Clichy (close to the Gabriel Péri terminal). I still don't know exactly when I'm arriving, since I'll probably go to my aunt in Germany before that, but I'll let you know as soon as I have a clear plan.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]

Also, when is kat leaving for Spain? Just so she doesn't miss any important news.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry, but I won't be able to make it. [Frown]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Drat... Well, hope to see you again some other time!
Anna
Member # 2582

So do I. *hugs* [Frown]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

I hope you're just busy, and there's nothing wrong, right?
Anna
Member # 2582

No, I'm fine. I'll probably be able to explain in a few days.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ok. Going to eat now. Bye, Hatrack, see you later!
Kama
Member # 3022

Oh, Anna!

*hugs*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Oh !!! Anna, you can't ? What a shame... Maybe we'll see another day...

Corwin, mairie de Clichy is a station i took sometime. It's cool !

amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still looking at the best thing to do. At the moment it looks like I might travel by Eurostar on Saturday morning and just stay Saturday night. I'll get in so late on the Friday that it's not worth it. If I do that, I'll be at the Gare du Nord at 11:23 on Saturday, and leaving from the Gare du Nord on Sunday morning sometime. How does that sound to people?
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I'd love to meet you, even if it's just for a day!

[Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, good enough! If we can meet you, that's great! [Big Grin]
Choobak
Member # 7083

Good, That's what it sounds !
Corwin
Member # 5705

So, remind me again, when's everybody coming?! Kama just said she's not gonna make it earlier than Friday evening, so I think there's no big reason for me to come on Thursday anymore, is there?
katharina
Member # 827

Anna, this is so sad! *hugs* I'll miss you. [Smile] Hope everything is fine.

My arrival time is not set - probably Friday morning.

I leave for Spain on the 17th. [Smile]

I really need to plan for this. Moving and school has taken up time, but now I can pay attention. I spent a bunch of time yesterday going over all the possibilities - thank you so much for y'all's reccomendations.

amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I have too much to do for school. I don't think it's going to be possible for me to get away. I'm sorry [Frown] I hope you have a good time and it all goes well.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

No! [Frown]

--

Choobak, I sent you an e-mail.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Ouch. I hope *someone* shows up! As for me, I'll be in Paris on Friday, around noon.
katharina
Member # 827

I'm coming! I'm someone. [Smile] [Razz]

I'm so sad I don't get to meet Amira. [Frown] This happens every con, though - some unexpectededs, and some can't come. It will still be great.

I went to church this morning, and one of the sisters was from my hometown in West Texas. Her mother was one of my mother's best friends. Another sister was from my brother's home ward. Holy small world. [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

*waves to Katie*
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It really is a small world, isn't it?

I was working at Cracker Barrel and waited on a table full of people fresh from church, and after talking to them for a while it turns out they were from my home town 1000 miles away, and the lady I taked to was best friends with the wife of my favorite CCD teacher..

She had just had dinner with then two nights before. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

kat: *pat pat* Of course you are someone! Without your initiative this wouldn't even have taken place, so you are *the* someone in this group. I'm just sad that I don't get to meet more Hatrackers, that's all... Maybe I'll go to England instead, to see amira? Yeah, like that's going to be possible any time soon!
Choobak
Member # 7083

Pffff !!! I have less and less time to go on hatrack this days !!! Sorry.

I'm happy to meet you ! I'll try to have my friday to be with you, and to welcome you in my country, in my city, and in my place.
Else, i can go out of work around at 6 PM.

I'm very sorry you can't go here, amira. I think, we try to go together to meet you with Corwin, if it's possible. From Paris, London, is not so far.

Bye ! i need to go to sleep now !

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.