FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My car is totaled

Author Topic: My car is totaled
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I didn't get in a car accident. "Totaled" just means that the repair cost is more than what the car is worth.

I drove an '89 Mercury Topaz (Automatic). While going up a hill, I decide to put the car into 1st so that I could climb better. I must've been putting the gas in without thinking and killed the transmission. According to Kelly Blue Book the car is now worth about $375. Oh well, I was wanting to get a new car with better milage.

I was thinking of get a Honda Civic Ex. Consumer Reports gives it a big thumbs up. With a new job I should be able to afford.

(If you like to follow my current affairs please refer to I'm "Fed" up ... )

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiousity, was it Val Verda.

Cause I swear, every time I traveled up that hill with you, or Sam, my car broke down.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Car Hunting!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't Val Verda. It was actually the illegally steep road up to Jones' house.
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Close enough. There's like... a car destruction aura emitting from his house.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
A Topaz? You should have killed the tranny a long time ago. [Smile]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.