FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CoH and Hatrack (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: CoH and Hatrack
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Logging on now, for a little bit...

Well, I am trying to, but the servers are down.....not all of them, half of them, including the two I use....Virtue and Protector. [Frown]

[ May 15, 2005, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I am on, as the servers came back up.

I have a question...I have not done any sewer valz missions, but there are permanate little circles floating about my head like I was infected with that stupid Valz disease....anyone remember how to get rid of that? IIRC, those little bubbles reduce dam dealing by something like half....

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't have a chance to be on until Tuesday...maybe late Monday.
I'm not sure about the little bubbles. I wonder if clear mind works to alleviate that...of course that doesn't really help you. Dunno.
*shrugs*

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're thinking of the Vahzilok wasting disease, it's not little bubbles it's a bunch of greenish flies. You'd also see it as a temp power with an icon in your status effects row.

The "little bubbles" effect sounds like the disorient graphic, and I've seen that get stuck on after the disorient is over, for a long time. Probably just a graphics bug.

Wasting disease cuts down your health, endurance, regeneration, and recovery. I'd say if you did have it, YOU'D KNOW.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazer King
Member # 4580

- posted      Profile for Lazer King           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Blaster ,but I play on justice [Frown] his name is ThEAiLEN lvl 8 Im been trying to get him to ten then start a SG Im stuck on 8 any tips to get to ten [Confused] I can a guy up to 5 fast ill try to get him to ten quick what do you need (archtype). Hatman? [Hat] ... Oh yah long time no post

[ May 16, 2005, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Lazer King ]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah, I logged and logged back in, and it was gone. Must have been teh disorient bug...it was teh same graphic I see over foes heads when I hit them with a good Energy Punch.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, logging on now....
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have a new favorite toon now, an illusion/rad controller. I had played rad before as a defender and really liked it, and wanted to play a contrller, so I combigned them.

I have never played a toon that was easier to leve...her powers make the whole team better, so we did really well....

And she got from level 2 to level 11 in two days of playing her. [Big Grin]

Kwea

JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
On right now....
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I haven't been on much in the last week or so, but hope to be this weekend. Also, I have the "Plague Stopper" badge mission lined up. If anybody else needs that badge let me know.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

logging on now....
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I bought the game today, after recommendations from people at work. What server should I go to?

PS: I'm thinking about either Controller or Defender.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Protector!

I was playing from 11 to about noon central time. I'll probably be on after breakfast for a bit. I'll use a low level char to hang out with ya if you want [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Though I would need your global chat handle, or your character name if you do want.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Protector it is. I think my archetype will be controller. I'll give you the name as soon as I create it. It's uploading stuff right now, so probably in about an hour I'll be all set.

I was reading the online game manual last night, and I do have things already planned out, so once I get to char creation, should go by fast.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

One thing about controllers is that they cannot solo past level 8 or so up until they get their pets at level 32. That fact made me frustrated enough to make a tanker for when I can't find a team. They can be a blast to play though.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I say Ice / Empathy Controller to make it easy to handle purples!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Or if you want to make a nigh-unstoppable character, make a Dark Melee & Regeneration Scrapper.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Actually Nathan, me and Niki are gonna go to the zoo this afternoon. I'll be on tonight though, if anyone still is on. [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, introducing my first character: The Gray Crow.

Silly.

Anyway, I went with the magic/controllor route with Levitation and Forcefield as my two powers. I'm assuming I can create more super heros though, right?

Xavier
Member # 405

You mean a magic origin contoller with gravity/force field? Haha, thats exactly what my first character was. She is now level 17. Great minds think alike and all that.

Edit: now going to the zoo, have fun!

Edit2: and yes, you can make I think 8 characters on each server. So thats like 80 chars! Feel free to expirement.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Note: Don't slot up things like sprint and brawl, Nathan. I made that mistake with my first toon, and had to erase him. Also, always carry one Awaken.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Darn. I created an Ice / Fire Tanker just to thwart some villains, Nathan! Been a long time since I played CoH.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I made a secondary hero named 'Cliche Goku'. I bet you can guess his appearance.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I was looking for you, newb, but didn;t see you.

My main is Catriona Lee, a level 16 (almost 27) Cont....

I also have a number of "small fry", let me know when you are on and we can meet up. Also, I can invite you to the Sg...
Kwea

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Anyone playing tonight? I'll be on as Gray Grow tonight.
Liaison
Member # 6873

I might be on in a little while. I'll look for you. My global handle is @Liaison.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Nate, I am at my parents house right now, so I can't play tonight, but I will probably be on as either Catriona Lee or as a new character.

What is your Global Chat name? I will add it to my global chat list.

Mine is Kwea, of course.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Nate, I was looking for you for quite a while.

Post here when you are going to be on next, ok, even if it is just before you log on.

Kwea

[ May 31, 2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, I got on, got off and went to bed earlier than I thought I thought I would.

As far as global chat thingies, beats me. All I know is my characters name is Gray Crow or Cliche Goku.

I'll probably be on tomorrow night around 7'ish.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

And I'll be on for 30 minutes right now.
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
What server are you guys in? My sons and I are in Justice. I'm a level 8 defender. I think that the kids are level 6 and level 8 natural blasters.

I'm playing because the kids asked me to, but I'm having fun. We loved playing Gauntlet together and this is SO much better.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We are all on Protector. It was a compromise, as the original Hatrack SG was on Virtue. We wanted to all be about the same level, and most of my toons there on Virtue are in their 20's....and my main, and elec/elec blaster, is 45. [Big Grin]

None of us really had any toons on Protector, so we restarted there.

Nate, check under the options tab, it will tell you what your global chat is for your account. Global chat means that you can talk to people across teh servers.

There is also a SG we will invite you to join, tonight if you are on, and a chat channel, Hatrack. Play around with the chat window, you will see how to join a channel.

Kwea

[ June 01, 2005, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, it is @Gray Crow. I'm on right now. I have a desktop that I'm playing it on, while posting with my laptop.
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool beans!
I don't know if we can play tonight (school night and all) but we'll definitely play Friday and Saturday.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I will be on shortly....give me about min to eat first.

I will be on as Catriona Lee....at least as first.

Nate, what level are you now?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Kwea
Member # 2199

Cool. I won't be right on, my SIL needs to borrow our computer for something....

Sorry, but I will be on later.

Kwea

[ June 01, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Lazer King
Member # 4580

I don't know who I will use. I will either use a guy named IcyHealer (controller) or a guy named StonalizedChicken (tanker). I'm pretty sure I'll use StonalizedChicken.

P.S.
I am LadyDove's son can I join the SG.
Can I join the SG?

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Sure you can Lazer King.

Oh and I bet I met you once, at your Mom's house at one of the hatracker gatherings last year. I was one of the anonymous guys sitting around the living room while you and Mooselet were playing [Smile] .

Anyway, are you going to be on tonight? My global chat handle is @Phil, what's yours?

Edit: Oh and is anyone else going to be on tonight?

Lazer King
Member # 4580

I'm the only one willing to start a new guy tonight. My global handle is @Japanese B'Boy.

Going on as stonalized chicken see you on.

Lazer King
Member # 4580

Sorry I had to change my name someone already had that name. [Mad]
Now I'm StonAChicken. [Roll Eyes]

[ June 03, 2005, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Lazer King ]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I'm going to be playing off and on throughout today. If anybody wants to team or get an invite to the SG give a shout in the hatrack global chat channel or /t @ReactorRod

--Enigmatic

Lazer King
Member # 4580

Xavier,
When will you be on ,so my mom and I can join the SG?
--Lazer King

Xavier
Member # 405

I can get on right now [Smile] .
Lazer King
Member # 4580

Xavier,
May I change the toon thats on the SG?
--Lazer King

Kwea
Member # 2199

YOu can have multilpes in it if you want, I know I do... [Wink]

Not that I play anymore....

Xavier
Member # 405

Lazer King, last time I was on (which was a while ago) I promoted your mom to the level she needed to invite new people into the supergroup. She should be able to help you. Or Lia, if she still plays.
Liaison
Member # 6873

Yep, I still play, but only occasionally. It's my brother's computer that I play on so it isn't available super often.
Kwea
Member # 2199

The good old days.....does anyone still play this?

I have soem friends who do, and am thinking about reactivating my account, if I can remember any info about it that is.....lol....

4 years and two states later. [Smile]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.