FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Teach Desdemona...

Author Topic: Teach Desdemona...
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
The Cotten-Eyed Joe dance! I have wanted to learn this for ages, and it has come to my attention that there are some accomplished Hatrack Dancers out there. I have no idea what it even looks like, and my google searches haven't come up with anything.

*wants to learn it badly*

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Guide to Dancing the Cotton

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
*is clueless*

What are polka steps?

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
It goes like this:

Link arms with your partner.

Right leg crossed over your left leg like the number 4 (beat one) - kick! (beat two)
Step backward with right - left - right (beats three and four)
Left leg crossed over your right leg like the number 4 (beat one) - kick! (beat two)
Step backward with left - right - left (beats three and four)

*repeat once*

Step forward on right - step on to left briefly but with the left foot behind the right foot - step forward onto right again (this makes a 1-2-3 step that takes up two beats)
Repeat with left foot first (another two beats)

*repeat four times*

*start over at beginning*

This should take you in a large circle around the room. It's fun for about the first 45 seconds and then your partner starts looking at you weirdly. At this point, Polka!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I LOATHE that dance. We were forced to do that in PE all the time, for years. When the teachers ran out of ideas, out would come the cotton eyed joe music.

[Mad]
[Mad]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.