FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If Chris Bridges was a femme...

Author Topic: If Chris Bridges was a femme...
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he'd write an article like this one.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Sex Symbol

quote:
There simply aren’t a lot of men to lust after in the “Star Wars” universe. Han Solo is taken. Luke Skywalker is a sister-kissing feeb until the last 15 seconds of “Return of the Jedi.” Everybody else is consumed by evil, quick to be exploded or a curious shade of green.

Yes, we have much to treasure in this chrysalis form of young, hot Obi-Wan Kenobi, who, as portrayed in “Episode I,” has been waved aside as a tight-braided, lightsaber-up-his-butt sort, devoting a disproportionate percentage of his life to standing very still and occasionally declaring “Yes, Master.” It is an intergalactic tour de force of Sideshow Bobism.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
But, she forgot Wedge Antilles!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Wedge was nice, yeah. Did you know he's Ewan McGregor's uncle?
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altril of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altril of Dorthonion   Email Altril of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did.

*is a total SW geek*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
So, was I the only high school girl who had a die-hard crush on Luke, then?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I briefly crushed on Luke. I just didn't like him so well after Mark Hammill got his face smashed. Shallow, I know, but movie star crushes tend to be that way. Plus, I was, like, ten.

As a grown-up, well... meh.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
And how are you all forgetting HARRISON FORD? He's sexy. [Mad]
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes. That would be my big SW crush. Of course, he's even sexier as Indiana Jones... Mmmmm, Harrison Ford with a whip... and in a suit with glasses... and sweaty with no shirt...
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Harrison Ford was the whole reason I got my mom to take me to the first two SW movies. Drooooool.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
You're only saying that (the subject line) because you don't know of my deep, inner passion for Kenny Baker. The man knows how to work his accessories.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Regarding Han: "he's Taken" was how the writer put it. Plus, he isn't in the prequels. Obviously, he was the OT crush of choice for most of us.

Han Solo was hot, yeah. But he can't be a "Jedi Sex Symbol" because he isn't a Jedi. And Harrison Ford is now teetering on the edge of places even *my* developed Electra Complex won't take me.

I liked this article for the "Yes, Master" riffs and the overall humor more than the "who's hot" theme.

Perhaps I picked a bad quote.

Chris: [ROFL] Don't tell me that! After hearing an old-time Hatrack Alpha-Male repeat a list of movie stars he'd go gay for, I just might believe you.

[ May 05, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
But how CAN a Jedi ever be a sex symbol? Jedi aren't supposed to indulge in their sexual appetites. They're pure, like the Ideal Knight. Heroic, yes, but always for the good of all. Not for anyone specifically. They just help everybody, like a Saint would.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Except, you know, Anakin.

I did enjoy the article. I just like discussing Han Solo and Indiana Jones better, Livvy. [Big Grin]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Actually, George Lucas said that Jedi were not supposed to form attachments, but that that did NOT mean they were celibate. So instead of being Saintly and pure, they could just be hot-to-trot.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah, I know. I just lub me some Ewan McGregor. [Wink]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

And it really IS a good article. I just read the articles, you know. I don't look at the pictures *crossing fingers behind back*.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[ROFL]

"Welcome to Jedi Line, the place to release all that sexual tension you've built up controlling yourself. Whether you're looking for a hot comm conversation, sexy pictures, or a no-attatchments encounter, we're the place for you! Comm NOW for a free trial and get connected with other beings all over the Jedi Temple Complex!"

[ May 05, 2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Yes, I suppose if it were for the good of the Galaxy, Jedi would go for a release...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I always thought that was what lightsaber practice was for.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
What, no Wookie love?

Chewbacca is just a teddy bear on steroids, looking for some howling good times, or a nice hug.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Lando was pretty hot. But then, so did he.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I, too, thought Lando was hot.
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, they probably had jedi breeding programs for all we know. After all, the force is often passed to ones children. What better way to ensure a good force of jedi to protect the galaxy? One of the jedi's yearly duties, pay a visit to the breeding center [Razz]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds remarkably like B5's Psi Corps. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
A bunch of women are sitting around discussing the hot guys of Star Wars.

Allow me to repeat that sentence, with ellipses.

A bunch of women are . . . discussing . . . Star Wars.

How is it there are apparently so many geek girls in this galaxy, and none of them live anywhere near me? [Grumble]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
You need to go to more science fiction conventions.

I've never found a shortage of geek girls. Specific categories of them -- female comic book readers, female gamers -- are slightly harder to find, but certainly not impossible.

If there are no cons nearby, go hit Barnes and Noble and hang around the sf racks. Or find the nearest theater that's playing Star Wars and cruise the lines...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rather than accepting a forced-by-death retirement with dignity and a mobile home in Tampa, Kenobi then took to popping up every now and then in a translucent manner to issue incidental asides to Luke, gently revealing, for instance, the fact that the lad recently stuck his tongue down the throat of his own twin sister.
[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
No one like jaba?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Yoda? Wouldn't his stature be an added bonus?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

By the way, I want you to know that when I saw the title of this thread, written by Olivetta, I came in here with entirely different expectations.

Just saying.

Olivetta
Member # 6456

_ _ <---raised eyebrows

O_O

[ May 06, 2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
PUNWIT!!!!!!

Although now that you mention it <eg>

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reminded of an episode of Picket Fences that had a storyline built around a circus visiting town. The sexy redhead police person went on a date with a dwarf/midget from the circus. At the end of the date the small person slid a chair in front of the woman, climbed up on it and kissed his date. The woman exclaimed, "My you're bold!" to which the small person replied, "No, bold would have been not using the chair"
That has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen/heard on network TV.

[ May 06, 2005, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenstar
Member # 6990

- posted      Profile for Goldenstar           Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchupqueen, do you play Star Wars Galaxies? Online game devoted to Star Wars. Sure you'd love it, if you dont play alread, My character's Goldenstar on the Kettemoor Galaxy if you decide to play
Posts: 67 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.