FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Liz! Just got back from a Mark Erelli show!

Author Topic: Hey Liz! Just got back from a Mark Erelli show!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday on my drive into work I heard a really cool song on the radio, that really struck a cord with me. I was paying attention to try to hear what it was and who sang it, and when the DJ came on afterwards he said it was Mark someone-or-other and he was playing at the Ginko coffeehouse tomorrow (today.)

I checked the Ginko website when I got to work, but they still had their March music calendar up and special events for next month. I hate it when people do that. Anyway, I gave a call and found out the time & name, and e-mailed a friend to see if she wanted to go.

We went, and it was a lovely show... but a lot more folk-y than I was expecting from the song that was on the radio. And when he was talking between songs, he mentioned he was from MA... and my first thought was "Folk singer from MA, I bet Elizabeth knows of him!"

So when I got home I did a search here on his name, and sure enough you mention him as a local hero and an up-and-coming folk singer on a thread about someone else. [Smile] So I thought I'd let you know I went and loved it!

I picked up his first and last CDs, and talked to him a little after the show. He also played something he said he wrote as soon as Hillbilly Pilgrim was done, which was a shame because it might have been my favorite song of the show.

Anyway, I'm hooked. [Smile] Nifty.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!
My son and I just saw him a few weeks ago. he had his whole band. It is sort of rockabilly when he has his band, and fun. I am glad you liked him. He is also really nice.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
He seemed nice, yes. And his lyrics are really smart, which I like.

This was his first solo show in town, and there weren't many people there, although the ones who were were vocally appreciative. He still did a great job of keeping his energy up and putting on a good show... seemed like he was having fun. That always impresses me, for some reason. It can't be as easy as when there's a good crowd.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear you, ElJay! How do they do it without a big crowd? They do, though, I think(or want to think) because they love what they do do much.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.