FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Phantom of the Opera in 15 Minutes

Author Topic: Phantom of the Opera in 15 Minutes
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine directed me to this and it amused me, so I now share it with you.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
HE’S SLIGHTLY UNATTRACTIVE ON ONE SIDE! TO ARMS!
[ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damander
Member # 4439

- posted      Profile for Damander           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
That was great.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talison
Member # 7935

- posted      Profile for Talison   Email Talison         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies laughing* [Laugh]
"AUGH! THAT WAS MY PREENING ARM!"

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
THE PHANTOM: Wear this ring and be mine FOREVER.

CHRISTINE: Wait, isn’t this Raoul’s ring?

THE PHANTOM: Well… yes.

CHRISTINE: So... who does that engage me to, exactly…?

THE PHANTOM: Well… it engages you to… wait…

CHRISTINE: YOINK!

I liked that part... so much for some reason.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I must print this for my mother-in-law. She asked for this movie as her Mother's Day present. Said it was the best movie she'd seen all year.

*shudder*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

I'll admit, I thought that too, that is, until my mother graciously bought me the original soundtrack where Michael Crawford plays the phantom. Let me put it this way, I almost want to ram giant stakes made of hot iron in my ears when I hear Gerard Butler sing now.

Eh, this soundtrack has been a blessing and a curse, though, I do love it. (I'm listening to it now, in fact.)

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I am still endlessly amused that Colm Wilkinson, the fellow who plays the phantom in the original Canadian cast recording, also plays Jean Valjean in a recording of Les Mis...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
The other parodies on the site are equally entertaining - specifically Troy and Prisoner of Azkaban.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I loved the movie, that was really funny.

"The Flying Nun"
[ROFL]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad SOMEone else noticed Madame Giry's bizarre accent ...
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of a girl (Evadne) who used to write what she called "Breadbox Editions" of movies on Fanfiction.net. Those were just as hilarious.

Good stuff.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The "King Arthur" one had me helpless with laughter.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
THE PHANTOM: I sing of seduction and surrender in a completely non-metaphorical way!

CHRISTINE: I kind of dig this.
© 2005 Cleolinda Jones. All rights reserved. cleo linda.livejournal.com
THE DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS CORPS DE BALLET: *shimmies*

THE PHANTOM: I sing of really unsubtle metaphors about flames and racing blood and opening buds!

CHRISTINE: Ooo, tell me more.

THE DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS DEATH DANCE TROUPE: *bunny hops*

THE PHANTOM: BE MINE FOREVER AND I WILL CONSUME YOU IN A COMPLETELY NON-FIGURATIVE WAY UNTIL THE BREAK OF DAWN!

[Christine deploys her collapsible bodice, leaving her shoulders completely bare.]

RAOUL: *cries*

THE DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS PEP SQUAD: *frugs*

I was planning to track this down now that my mom's seen it on DVD. *loves hatrack*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ele
Member # 708

- posted      Profile for Ele   Email Ele         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, funny!

Won't see it, folks. Boycotting because ALW didn't let Michael Crawford be the Phantom in the movie. Or rather, that's not really true. I just don't want to see it...or hear it rather...

It's all about the voice in this one, Webber: Crawford *is* the Angel of Music. This guy Gerard is a frog by comparison. And I don't care what he looks like on either side. [Wink]

Knowing the voice of an angel when she hears it,

~Ele

Posts: 745 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

Heh, what I'm considering doing is that if we get the DVD, I'll mute it when Gerard Butler is supposed to sing and just play the soundtrack during those times. That might work for me. ^_^
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this script.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap. Its been blocked now, can anyone post it here please?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Heh, what I'm considering doing is that if we get the DVD,
Oh, save yourself the money. Read OSC's review of it. He was being nice. I wanted to shoot myself in the head. And I love musicals. Who, in God's name, hires actors for musicals? It would have been like hiring an actors for The Turning Point! Can you imagine?

And their phantom didn't even have the vocal range to hit the low notes!

But, I did appreciate the girl. She was too young for this role, (well, she was fine, but her voice was too young) but since I saw her first in The Day After Tomorrow first, it was nice to be surprised by her.

Alt, is it still down for you? Cause it worked fine for me.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I really thought the girl who played Christine did a weaker job than the phantom.

I thought he did an OK job. He wasn't really up to the role, but for a movie version of a musical he wasn't that bad.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I had seen her in a movie and didn't know she could carry a tune. So, I was surprised. She has a nice voice, but she's young musically and it showed.

Plus, the girl is supposed to be a student, so some of her inadequacies could be chalked up to that. But the Phantom? He is supposed to be the master of the music. And he's mostly hoarse and apparently, Scottish! What was with that bizarre accent?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I think he was hot.

Oh, its not that its down for me, its that the school's filter blocked it and I can no longer see it.

Vadon
Member # 4561

Already seen it, twice.

Once before I got the soundtrack to the Broadway version with Michael Crawford, once afterwards. I agree, OSC was nice when he reviewed it.

Though, I wouldn't mind the DVD the only thing that really does get to me is the Phantom's singing... and that Christine only has about two face expressions in the movie...

Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

^.~
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oh. My request is still on. I need someone to post it so that I can read it because my school's filter blocked it.
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

I'm not sure if I could ever watch or listen to Phantom of the Opera with a straight face with Cornelius Hackle of Hello, Dolly playing the phantom...
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Ha ha. I don't think he'd make a good phantom unless the movie was a comedy...
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

CRAP! I still can't get it. Can't anyone post this please?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there are copyright rules against that. The author specifically asked to only forward parts, not the whole thing.

Sorry. [Frown]

I thought the actress had nowhere near the ability to do Christine--her voice was immature and airy a lot. But she looked like the enjeanau (sp???) that Christine needed to be, so in that regard she was much better than someone like Sarah Brightman, who could handle Christine's songs but could not pass as a young girl except from fifty yards away in a stage setting.

I was disscussing this with a film buff friend of mine and he was of the opinion that because film is such a look-based medium, the closeups of the actress playing Christine were a bigger priority than actual singing talent.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

They should've dubbed her then.

Oh, I'll only borrow it for like 5 mins. you can delete the post after that so that there is no real CR infringement.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Is your email address current?
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

yeah. You could sent it thorugh email too.
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

go it. THX.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.