FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A good place for free music?

Author Topic: A good place for free music?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
So I've recently got Tom Jones singing It's not Unusual stuck in my head (all you snickering people shut-up [Razz] ) and I was hoping there was a free (legal) version online, but I'm not to adept at looking for it, and so far have come up empty. Does anyone have any websites or search tips or anything for finding free music online?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazon.com Free Music Downloads

Good place, but it doesn't seem to have the song you want.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Try here....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
you can't be that computer stupid and be on this message forum.. err i guess maybe so..

But a sogn generally runs 3-5 Mb depending on the encoding.. Hardrives usually are around 60 Gb which is 60,000 mb..

i know thats not exact or whatnot but its a good guidline

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure you can. My wife is savvy enough to send e-mail, surf around online, terrorize eBay, and even do some stuff in Photoshop I haven't figured out how to do yet. But she doesn't have any idea how large MP3s are because she's never downloaded one before.

Everyone's got to start out sometime, no reason to jump on them when they do.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Chris.

(I was going to say something on the mean side, but your post kept me from doing so. [Smile] )

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the reference was to

quote:
take up a lot of space on the computer? memory?
I don't even know what you would call it..

rather than the size of MP3 files. And in all honesty I agree with Lanfear.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
OK. I still don't.

Ignorance is where everyone starts as a base state, and it's treatable. Especially when the person is aware of their own ignorance and openly asks to be taught. I simply do not see the point to insulting that person. You might smile to yourself and think what you like before posting the helpful information that followed, but why take the extra effort to post how a stupid a question it was? What does it gain, besides embarassing the questioner?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What does it gain, besides embarrassing the questioner?
What a numb skull question.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.