FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If I get CTS can I sue Yahoo Games???

Author Topic: If I get CTS can I sue Yahoo Games???
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I've become addicted to Insaniquarium on Yahoo games. The web version is fun, but I even went so far as to buy the downloadable version which includes a virtual fishtank and neato screensaver. The problem is that the entire game consists solely of clicking with your mouse. The downloadable version (after you beat the "story" game) has a "challenge" level that just gets increasingly harder until you lose. In my case that means it just gets harder and harder until my left-clicking muscles give out.

Anyway, anyone else play (and enjoy) this game? I know it's kind of juvenile, but I like it. [Big Grin]

(oh, and for those who might ask, CTS is carpal-tunnel syndrome. [Wink] )

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Karl, I've played and enjoyed it, and I have a couple of friends who are definitely addicted. Don't worry, you're not alone. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
If history has taught us anything it's that you can sue anyone.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

I keep the virtual aquarium up as my screen saver. I have fish in it named with Chris and my own nicknames, and the names of each of our cats. [Blushing]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that game. I thought I was such a dork for feeding fish. But, if you're doing it, it must be cool.

The other one I love is QBz.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm trying that game. Wow do you keep a carnivore alive?
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crown Princess of Pickle Relish
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for Crown Princess of Pickle Relish           Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, you feed em little fishies.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Yep, you have to buy new guppies when the carnivores are hungry. If you want to build up your guppy stock and you have carnivores you have to buy enough guppies so that a couple can live long enough to grow to the second stage. At that point they are too big for the carnivores to eat.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't work on a Mac. Hmmm.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I love overloading the tank with carnivores such that I have to just keep tossing in guppies, not even bothering to feed them. Of course, then I lose a few carnivores whenever I have to take time to kill an alien, but I earn so much its cheap to buy those back.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Anyone bought the download? At certain points in the game you get a bonus round where you collect falling shells. You can use the shells as money in the Virtual Aquarium. Your fish will grow up in about a week if you feed them regularly and then they will start dropping shells.

Things in the Virtual Aquarium Store are very expensive, but the screen saver mode displays your fish. If you put the jellyfish in your VA, it will collect all the shells dropped while the screen saver is on. Right now I'm getting somewhere in the neigborhood of 1500 shells per night and another 1500-2000 while I'm away at work.

Kayla
Member # 2403

KarlEd, have you gotten all the bonus fish yet? I've only gotten 3 of them, but I think I'll get the last one tonight or tomorrow. I haven't started my virtual tank yet, because I don't want to spend any shells till I get the last fish.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought CTS was Capture the Slag.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you could just download the deluxe edition? What are you talking about buying?

After I beat the web version and it wouldn't let me play further (or atleast I couldn't figure out how to start over) I went to a friend's house. [Big Grin]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

You can download the deluxe trial version. It only lets you play for 60 minutes, then you have to pay 19.95 for the full version. It's cool though.

After you beat the web version, if you want to do it again, you have to go in and delete the cookies. But if you've downloaded the deluxe trial, you have to uninstall that, then delete the cookies.

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
"It only lets you play for 60 minutes"

What if the phone rings?

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.