FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Congratulations, Graduates!

Author Topic: Congratulations, Graduates!
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
While this may just seem like I'm congratulating myself, I'd like to extend hearty felicitations to everyone who's moving on from some form of schooling this month or next.

Woohoo! We're done (for now)!

[Party]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not done. [Frown]
I have to do school all summer to finish before college starts.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Education never ends. There's always more to learn.

Graduation just means that you get to be in charge of your education yourself.

Plus, you have a certificate proving that for several years, you successfully carried out the instructions of fools. This proves you are ready to join the adult work force.

So I add my congratulations to all of you who are graduating this year!

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! It has been a long four years. Tonight and tomorrow morning, I shall pack all of my stuff into my teeny car, and move on to the next phase of my life.

Congratulations and good luck to all the other graduates as well!

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you can still fit all your stuff in a teeny car, your life is officially uncomplicated. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Let's not talk about the numerous boxes of stuff that's already home in my closet at my parents' house. Packrat? Of course not! [Razz]
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else's graduation feel somewhat anti-climactic?
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't graduate, but I did finish coursework, and it felt VERY anti-climactic.

That's the thing, though...graduation IS an end of something, but it isn't a closed end.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I graduated in December but just now got my diploma. It came with a handy pocket-sized copy, too. Heaven knows what that's for, but hey! Who can argue?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
My graduation was awful, for a number of reasons.

The good news was that they played the Superman theme while we walked (John Williams was getting an honorary doctrate), and I wore a tattoo on my cheek.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
As I was picking my mom up last Monday, she said, "You can have the car this weekend."

"For what?"

"To go to Bozeman for your graduation. It's really important that you go."

Pause. "Um, thanks, but I don't think I'll need to."

"Why not?"

"Graduation was last Saturday."

Heh. And some people's parents actually come and watch.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.