FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So I thought I'd do something special for graduation

Author Topic: So I thought I'd do something special for graduation
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of my friends are graduating this year, and I'd like to do something special for them, as a farewell kinda thing. So far, these are my ideas.

Since most (pretty much all who are graduating this year) of them are girls, I thought I'd buy fifteen red roses at Aldi, tie a personalized note to each with red ribbon (To So-and-So, who et cetera), then give them out on Monday.

Option B involves making fudge. Lots of fudge. I'm very good at chocolate and I've got some specialty recipes saved up. Bake a big batch, put it a box tied up with ribbon (I have lots of surplus ribbon) and get someone to put it on the table my seniors usually eat lunch at in the courtyard right before they get there.

Option C isn't exactly thought out yet. It includes a huge Phantom of the Opera party.

Ideas? Choices? Whaddaya think?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for a lightsaber war. [Big Grin]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

- posted      Profile for Kiwi   Email Kiwi         Edit/Delete Post 
Roses AND fudge. Mmmmm. [Razz]
Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with a combo of 1&2. I know I want the seniors I know to give me fudge and roses, but none of them seem to have the urge.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Fudge roses.

D.

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
A note, seriously, I relook at the notes I got last year pretty often. You can combine a note with the fudge and roses, that would make them feel entirely special. One thing i've done is make a beaded bookmark, get them a pretty pen, a small notebook, write a note in the notebook, and throw it all in a bag with chocolate.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I like Lucy's idea and I think I might go for it. Thanks . . .

Allegra: They are the seniors, not me. I'm doing this for them for their graduation.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a very nice gesture.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.