FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, this was a hit, and I'm not creative!

Author Topic: Hey, this was a hit, and I'm not creative!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's make a sequel!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9615

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I want the sequel to A Man for All Seasons. I want to know what they did with his body and his head. I think the head was displayed for a while. But did they end up getting buried together?

And the sequel to LOTR. I hear they're going to do six films on the Silmarillion.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
bn

EDIT: Ooops, what I meant to say was "bannana."

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is all just diverting attention away from the truly important films... like the Free Willy series.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Hollywood should shut down all other work until the Ender's Game movie is completed.

It's not like their turning out anything I'm waiting to see anyway.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, was Dark Crystal really a hit? I thought it bombed.

Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just remember it not doing very well.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
All I remember is how badly I wanted to see it. I never did manage to watch it.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Sorry, I should say "Cult Classic" rather than hit.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
never seen it
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it a lot as a kid. But I freely admit that as a kid I had no taste whatsoever. I mean, really--I watched "Flight of the Navigator" maybe a hundred times. [Razz]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Alex, are you serious!?

Dude, go get some valium. Watch it.

theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend still makes me watch flight of the Navigator every time it comes on tv and he's 24
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Flight of the Navigator is high quality entertainment.

And I speak French, so I'm allowed to make statements like that.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Well, it's quality entertainment if you are pelting marshmallows at the screen. Marshmallow guns work best, of course.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

No way! I owe my knowledge of the theory of relativity to that movie.

And my frequent use of the word "butthead."

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to try throwing marshmallows at the screen next time I am forced to watch it. I can see how that would increase the entertainment value
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I not only enjoyed The Dark Crystal, a previous roommate would often compare me to the cruel Skeksis.

Honestly, you drain a guy of his life essence ONE TIME and you never live it down. Hmmph.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*wobbly lower lip* But I like Flight of the Navigator.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Me too, Rivka. Me too.
theresa51282
Member # 8037

See I used to feel that way but 500 viewings have beaten the liking out of me [Smile]
beverly
Member # 6246

It's about on the same level as "Short Circuit".
Annie
Member # 295

Twisted Sister? Who is she?

It's a he. Actually, it's a they.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
beverly, nuh UH! [Taunt]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Flight of the Navigator!

I also loved that movie about a little boy. D.A.R.Y.L.

Oh, I also loved The Wizard, the Nintendo movie starring Fred Savage.

I might even have to buy those movies...

[ May 16, 2005, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

All guilty pleasures, Theca. But I may have to buy them, too..

I already have Dark Crystal on DVD.

I still say "Looks like Gelfling!" when describing elfin-looking people to friends.

And from Flight of the Navigator, my friends and I bandy about such classics as:

"I do not leak. You leak. Remember?"

and "You are.... THE NAVIGATOR!!!"

But, of course, the most quotable movies of all time among my friends are The Princess Bride, Short Circuit, Real Genius, Ghostbusters and Back to the Future. Oh, and possibly Indiana Jones and Star Wars... and...

... yes, we watch too many movies.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dark Crystal is CREEPY! In fact, it's one of the four creepy muppet/puppet movies. The other three are:

Labyrinth (David Bowie in a cod piece)
Return to Oz (the witch, the wheelers, the Gnome King, the Jack Skelington look-alike, pretty much everything)
Legend (okay, technically not that many muppets/puppets, but it fits so well with the others that I include it. Tim Curry=best devil ever!)

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Flight of the Navigator.

And Short Circuit.

And I sobbed at the ending of The Black Cauldron.

I will now try to redeem myself by mentioning that I cry during the mother of all rally-the-troops speeches in Henry V.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to add my voice to having loved "Flight of the Navigator". It really got me into Relativity. Not long after I saw it (I was 12), I started reading books on the subject. From there, I branched into particle physics and quantum mechanics.

All thanks to that. Oh, and "Donald in Mathemagic Land".

:Thinks: Hey, they could do a sequel on that. That actually might be kind of cool. Go into the 'newer' kinds of mathematics and their practical application from the last 50 years.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:
...And the sequel to LOTR. I hear they're going to do six films on the Silmarillion.

Are you serious?!? I would absolutly love to see at least one movie on the Silmarillion. I own that book and it's awesome. wait...i loaned that book out and still don't have it back yet. that was like 6 months ago. CRAP!!! i don't think I'm getting it back. but still.....that would be sweet
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

Why didn't someone tell Scott the sarcastometer was broken again?

Oh yeah, he's the one who broke it.

Nevermind.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
*feels the 80s movie love*

I think Flight of the Navigator is the last movie that I watched compulsively... um, until LOTR came out. [Big Grin] It was way to much fun, and they had the design of the ship down.

Ooo... a six film Silm cycle. Sarcasm or no, let's just enjoy that for a second.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

As for Donald Duck, I bid for a long time before I won a copy of that vhs. It's out of print and not available on dvd - and lots of math teachers (likes meself) are keen on snagging a copy of their own.

A sequel, or even just a rerelease, would be very cool.

IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
found it a Amazon
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.