FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And to one lucky Salt Lake hatracker goes...

Author Topic: And to one lucky Salt Lake hatracker goes...
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
Right I have a bit of a problem. When I went to buy Star Wars midnight showing tickets I bought 3, but things didn't work out and I'm stuck with an extra ticket.

So what I'm reduced to is letting a hatracker to come with me and Epictetus (Sam).

Who ever is the first to answer this Simpson trivia correct can come:

In "Marge Be Not Proud" (3F07), according to Nelson Muntz, shoplifting is a victimless crime, just like what?

(if no one can get it then the first poster will get the ticket)

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
How much is the ticket? Is this what one would normally call thursday midnight?

Victimless crime... shoplifting and... drunk driving?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Alex... a bit of a request.

My brother bought tickets for the 12:15 showing of Star Wars with his friend. His friend ended up not going.

I'm not asking you to give him the ticket, but when he shows up, could you just say hi or something. Also, would you mind giving him a ride home afterwards?

(This is assuming he hasn't figured any other plans out)

If he ends up being in the same theater as you, then yeah, you better freakin let him sit with you. [Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Milhouse: This is great...and all I've done is enter my name! "Thrillhouse".
(screen shows "WELCOME THRILLHO")

So I'm confused, T, does your brother have tickets or not? Or does he also need to unload one? Because I bet my husband will whine if I go without him.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

He does have tickets. And I think his friend has one to unload if he hasn't already dones so. I'm going to call him tonight to check once I have an answer from Gumbo here.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

I googled the answer but I'll cede to anyone who knows it fair and square.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you guys are watching it on digital projection. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

So where is the theatre? And where does your brother live, T? loosely speaking [Smile]
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

it's megaplex 12, gateway mall. the ticket cost 7.50

EDIT: auditorium 10... if you were wondering

[ May 17, 2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Gumby ]

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

btw. I blame T for making me have an extra ticket.
mothertree
Member # 4999

I'm just trying to ascertain whether there is one extra ticket or 2 between Gumby and brother of T. If T's brother can take Gumby's ticket, that would be fine with me, as my husband can't believe that I would spend 7.50. But I may get my brother or my daughter to go. Yeah, I know it's rated PG-13.

P.S. I meant to say "don't tell me you bought these tickets before T got married."

Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

lemme get this straight. Nate, is your brother in need of a ticket and/or could use another?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

He's not in need of a ticket. He has one. Just his friend ended up not being able to go that night. Whether or not that friend has a ticket available is that friends call, not my brothers. My brother is at one that starts at 12:15, don't know what auditorium. I was just seeing if Alex could give him a ride afterwards, and say hi when he gets there.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, my brother's ticket is in auditorium 10 also. He's planning on getting there about 9:00'ish. Is it too much to ask if he can stand in line with you and sit with you? He'll be good. He won't even bring a lightsaber. I hope.

So yeah, if you can give him a ride home, and have him sit with you, both I and my mother would appreciate it. Also, my mom would like you to give her a call just to confirm that it's alright with you two.

My brothers friend already sold his ticket.

Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

He'd better not bring his lightsaber *shakes fist like an old man*
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

well, seeing that nobody is going to take a single ticket I'm giving my brother the ticket

p.s. The answer was "like punching someone in the dark"

mothertree
Member # 4999

I thought it was "in the stomach". What kind of sense does "In the dark" make? And dude, if you have a brother totally take him.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.