FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No one read this thread! (but feel free to post) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: No one read this thread! (but feel free to post)
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've been inspired by Hobbes and lem. Here's the game. No one, including myself, will read past this post until a full page is completed. Just post on whatever topic you think the thread is about. When a page is complete, it will be opened for reading, but no one may read whatever page is currently being posted upon.

[/experiment]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Speed is an idiot. [ROFL]

No, no, the thread is about... eggs. Hard boiled eggs. No, poached! No, scrambled! No, wait!

Um, it's about The 13th Precinct, the movie. Or, um, Aladdin. Or The Jungle Book.

Er, garlic? [Dont Know]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if I'll be able to not read it, but I'll try.

Anyway, I just watched an episode of Scrubs, and I must say that it rocked! Scrubs is definitely my favorite sit-com. Great acting, great dialogue, great music and a great balance of the serious and the funny.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So how 'bout those Cubs?

(Isn't that the typical guy ice breaker?)

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Aloha muchachos and chiquitas!
Shalon bachurim vebachurot!
Hello guys an' galls!
Bonjour des garcons et des filles!

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about me... and my twisted love triangles.... I'm proud to say though, this year, I will behave at prom.... Oh yeah, and I'm in love with some one other than my date. [Big Grin]

I also think this thread is about how much we're going to miss BC while he's gone... or the lack of sympathy that he'll get from us when he returns an even more mentally disturbed individual.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I do not think Bo Bce's careerwill be hampered by hs contract. I just hope he can bring his former band members along on the ride with him. I am already a groupie of his, looking for the fan websites. Where are the t-shirts? The bumper stickers?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread will self-destruct in 15 seconds.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
doo doo doo da daa daa daa is all I want to say to you!
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Something about dinosaurs! Dinosaur eggs? Jurassic Park! Genetics! Genetic mutation! Mutants! X-Men! Random Utterances!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing it's the usual silliness, but I'll be glad to wait til page two to find out if I'm right.

In the meantime, I say, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I was serious about Abraham Lincoln in BC's final farewell thread.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

But if the founding fathers had known the kind of movies Ashton Kutcher would make, they wouldn't have passed the first amendment.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
but, but..

I HAD to read the first post to figure out what to do...

[Razz]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know it takes light millions of years to reach the surface of the Sun, coming from the center? And then a little over 8 minutes to come here.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

I love my girlfriend! Just wanted to tell y'all [Smile]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Barbeque Chicken Wings are good but they shouldn't be burned to a hard crunchy shell. I hate it when you are all excited for some wings and then when your order comes up they are all nasty and dry. --
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I hate final papers. That's why I'm here right now. I don't want to write about the second half of the twentieth century and how the sixties was such an influence. I want to be home. Home sweet home. And I WANNA SEE STAR WARS, but I have exams.

::Whines::

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'm game.

I will assume that this is a birthday thread for Lime. Happy Birthday, sweetie! [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I was really sad to see Vonzell go, but I think it is right that Bo and Carrie are the finalists.

Carrie needs some more time on stage, but she will be a fabulous country singer. Bo has had years performing in front of an audience, usually an inebriated one, I would guess.

It was incredible that the two Lynyrd Skynyrd guys performed with him. Wow.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Get thee to the second page! [Mad]
Speed
Member # 5162

Anybody ever notice that a page can hold an awful lot of posts, and take a long dang time to fill up?
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
this thread is about moldymort's campain for the USA presidency!!

and cheddar cheese too.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I found something kinda like that once. It had this thing with a thingie . . .
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm highly tempted to post something shocking here, and then come back when the post count is at 48 and edit it out.

Edit: It's taking way too long, I'm not going to wait all the way to 48. Sorry 'bout that.

[ May 19, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My son leaned over to me last night and said, "Vonzell is hot." He is eight. i had to inform him, with a straight face, that that was not appropriate for an eight year old to say.

"Sexy?"

Nope.

"Pretty?"

That's fine.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*pies everyone*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Shudder, I HATE clowns.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
The weather here is pretty good too. It's usually sunny but rains almost every other day.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to get cavities if I keep eating this much sugar.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
This post is about pet lizards. They rock. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings a song about rivka washing her hair*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, Speed, I respect your musical sense, but i think you are way off on this one. Carrie will not win.
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
So we can talk about Star Wars?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
post!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
This game doesn't seem to different from what I do with every other thread.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Steely Dan is pretty cool.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't read it, I swear!

but it did just get bumped... and I'm really curious...

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! You cheated!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
A thread for things people didn't read?

The Patriot Act.
My novel.
Tags on mattresses.
The EULA for the last software you installed.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a fun idea. It reminds me of a game I think I heard it called The Psychiatrist. It's where you answer the question that the person before you was asked. There's my .02.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll bite. I won't post a whole topic on this, even though I could go on and on about it. But anyway, I think that my baby is the most beautiful little boy in the world.

I have several new pictures too.

http://www.vcode.com/christopher/chris2.html

But even as I say that, I hope every parent thinks the same thing about their baby. Because it is true, no matter the child.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
She walked across the barren sands, the sun forcing water from her eyes. These weren't tears, no. He deserved no tears. Not today. She stooped over to pick up another bone so dry it offended her fingers, tucking it with the rest under her arm. Her work was far from over.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Smallville was pretty weird last night.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

Hey, as long as no one can read this, I'm going to post all the lyrics to an entire copyrighted song.

quote:
Listen!

-Rush: Didacts and Narpets

[Evil Laugh] Eat that, RIAA! If you try to sue, then we'll know you cheated! [Evil Laugh]
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I accidently read quid's post as well.

[Frown]

But on eggs - I made egg salad for lunch yesterday and then decided I didn't want it.

Now my fridge smells of egg salad. Ick.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
My entire normal weekend routine is out the window... A school concert on Friday, a wedding and reception at the country club (ooh laa laa) on Saturday, and shopping at Ikea for new chairs on Sunday, then rescuing my children from my parents. No idea when I'll get things like laundry and grocery shopping squeezed in here...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
All your base are belog to us

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Tiptoe through the tulips my little man. you can dance if you want to... oh yes, you can.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Griffin
Member # 7166

- posted      Profile for Griffin   Email Griffin         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree we should have signatures and avatars. [Mad]

Griffin

Posts: 131 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.