FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do those light saber things work?

Author Topic: How do those light saber things work?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Find out here!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
They never discussed the color of the lightsaber...
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's created by your choice of focusing gems.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
One word: brilliant!

Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I was under the impression that color was effected by also by the way it is built, which is why mostly only sith have red. Also I thought color reflected the saber's power.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, there are traditions, but it's mostly just preference.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
*feels like star wars geek* ummm they used too many crystals... there is only one crystal and then there are 2 lenses... there are some other details they screwed up, but i'd have to look it up in my star wars encyclopedia to know exactly what...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The crystal energy chamber is the reason why all lightsabers are built by hand, and then only in the latter stages of Jedi training. The builder must align the crystals perfectly or risk detonation of the lightsaber upon activation. Only through the use of the Force can the proper alignment be guaranteed.

Hmmm - this raises interesting questions of how and why Luke was able to use his father's light saber in ep. IV . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Stryker, in I, Jedi, he uses more than one crystal. So, there may be conflicting sources going on.

Only through the Force can someone build a lightsaber properly, but even young padawans train with lightsabers.

MEC
Member # 2968

Hell, Han Solo used Luke's saber on Hoth, Remember?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, it's like a Jedi pocketknife. [Razz]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah - that's right! Wow. It's been far too long since I have watched the series.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's awesome!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's only when you're building a new one that you have to be careful.

*slinks off*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheck out the site that they got the picture from. www.parksabers.com
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
My lightsaber is special. Its the color of the rainbow. Which is why I shoot force Skittles out of my hands, rather than lightning I mean. I'm the Skittle Jedi. One of a kind. My last words to my enemies have always been, "Taste the rainbow!" And that would be when I dismember them violently.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

My lightsaber is better. It emits black light, and I don't mean ultraviolet, though that may be cool too. Whenever people look at it their heads explode while they try to understand how it is possible.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, that is cool. But you still can't withstand the fruity goodness of the rainbow!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
clearly they are all using synthetic gems, which is why all their demo picture light sabers have red blades.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm the Skittle Jedi
Do you know the Skittle Alchemist?
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.