FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thank you, צה"ל... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thank you, צה"ל...
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I was confused I thought you were going to serve. It is up to you of course, women in the military is a thorny issue. I hope you do not find yourself regreting what you decide. Isreal is in a tenious situation right now and can use all the help it can muster for certain.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, even if I did serve combat, which I wouldn't, I don't think I'd be of much use. Many girls get out of it easily for that reason, which is just an added thing that makes me angry.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
See from everything I've read. As a woman, if I was going to choose to serve in any military in the world, the Israeli Army is the one I'd pick.

And you are wrong Raia it takes 3-5 people in the army behind the scenes in non combat positionsfor every single actual combat position. The number may be slightly lower for the Israeli army but it is pretty uniform the world over, because supply lines are supply lines and beuracracy is beuracracy.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
And inefficeny is inefficency. So you're going to be in your home in the US? If so, then we have to talk! I might be passing by that area, and would really, really appreciate a place to board for a week or so.

...and...about your situation...

I'm sorry.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
So what school are you going to end up at now Raia?
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Shepherd: I'm going to DePauw University, in IN. And Phanto, we'll talk one-on-one and figure things out! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.