FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NCIS (Ok, definitely spoilers inside now)

Author Topic: NCIS (Ok, definitely spoilers inside now)
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't recall anyone mentioning in the past that they watch this show (Tuesday evenings have a lot to choose from, it seems), but does anyone, and did you see the season finale? Holy bumblefuzz, Batman....

[ May 25, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Jim and I do, Pops, and yes, that was roughly our reaction as well.

o_O

We knew from previews there'd be a character death, and we kept trying to guess through the episode who it was gonna be. The fakeout at the end TOTALLY caught me, to the point where the credits saw me staring at the TV with my mouth open.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidR
Member # 7473

- posted      Profile for DavidR   Email DavidR         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I absolutely did not see that particular character being the one to die. In fact if I were to have listed the characters in order of most likely to least likely to be killed off, that character would have been my least likely pick. Wow. [Eek!]
Posts: 148 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
We hadn't seen any previews, so we were simply blown away. Mid-sentence (especially mid-that-sentence) was a nice touch.

Wow.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I was so blown away, I don't even remember what the character was saying. Can someone remind me?

Thanks!

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Blown away. Funny Pops.

"Wow, Gibbs. I thought I'd be dead before I heard you say that." (before I'd hear you say that?)

Or something like that. (Gibbs had just said "Good Job.")

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I think Gibbs had just said something like "Tony's right."
DavidR
Member # 7473

- posted      Profile for DavidR   Email DavidR         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm gonna have to go back to the tape and watch the last part again because I just don't remember what the line was. Not until after I watch "Lost" tonight though.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Tony said "good job". Gibbs said something like "for once Dinozo's right"
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

<Checks VCR tape from last night.>

*SPOILERS BELOW*
*SPOILERS BELOW*
*SPOILERS BELOW*
*SPOILERS BELOW*

Denozo: "You did good."

Gibbs: "For once, Denozo's right."

Kate: <laugh.> "Wow. I thought I'd die before I ever heard a com--" (compliment?)

--Pop

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch NCIS. (I even mentioned it in another thread the other week! So there!)

I was irritated. I really wish they'd killed Denozo. I know that this will make for a much better mourning-and-trying-to-deal period, that Tony dying would have been trite, but I wish they'd killed him instead. Hmph.

It took me a second to realize she'd actually been killed. It was just so shocking.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I really didn't want Tony to die, actually. I felt awful but I almost hoped that McGhee (sp?) was killed if only because I didn't want to part with any of the other characters. I guess Kate's actress got a new job but... jeeze, Gibbs is going to stop at nothing to get at Ari next season.
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch NCIS almost as faithfully as I watch CSI. I kind of figured that it would be McGee that would get it, but never Kate. I didn't think it would be DiNozzo because he'd just been through the plague thing and survived that. No logic to that assumption, I supppose, other than that isn't something that I could see the writers doing. And I was ready to go on the warpath if they got rid of Ducky because a) I like his stories which doesn't even need an audience to tell, and b) I've been a fan of David McCallum ever since I was in about fourth grade and "The Man Fron U.N.C.L.E." was my favorite TV show. I loved the part in one NCIS episode where Kate said she wondered what Ducky had looked like when he was young, and Gibbs pauses a second before saying, really deadpan, "Illya Kuryakin". It just made such wonderful sense.

But, I got to thinking about it after the episode, that from a plot point of view it made a lot of sense to have what's-his-face (the terrorist whose name escapes me right now) kill Kate. Sets up lots of tension for next season.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Having Tony die in this episode after his being so close to dying last episode would've been kinda lame. I don't mind Kate dying so much -- I do think she's the most replaceable of the cast (aside from Ducky's assistant, and who would really care if Ducky lost another assistant?) -- but I was still floored by it.

If Abby had died, I'd be done with the show forever out of spite.

--Pop

(Edit -- I was writing while lma posted, so I'm not just lame for saying the same thing.)

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in total agreement on the Abby thing, Pops. I adore Abby and Ducky and Gibbs and... well, Tony is a staple of the show whether you like it or not. So I suppose that, yes, Kate was the best choice in the end but I'm still wishing that they hadn't killed any of them to begin with. Why not cripple them so we think they die and they're out for the first few episodes next year?

I have to say, though, that this is the most addictive show I've watched since the first season or two of West Wing, and probably far more so. So here's looking forward to what already promises to be a charged upcoming season [Smile] .

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch now and then, but could someone confirm this - the super-terrorist from earlier in the series...is he the same actor who plays one of the FBI agents on "Without a Trace?"

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

T, no. The first time I remember seeing him was in Beggars and Choosers, but he was on 24, and CSI.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0553020/

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Oh, and to anyone who thought it couldn't be Tony, do you not watch ER?
ER spoiler ahead.
I mean, what they did to Romano? I mean first his arm was chopped off by the helicopter, then he was crushed by it! Compared to that, Tony getting the plague and then being shot would be nothing.

imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
I got so caught up in the episode, I totally forgot one of them had to die, and then BAM! I had to rewind it and watch it again just to make sure I saw what I saw. And the fact that Abby had that dream...man.

And NCIS is now at the top of my list of TV shows I will buy on DVD (ok, it's second after Lost), but I decided that after the plague episode. So there.

Ok, this thread can die for real now.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kayla:
ER spoiler ahead.
I mean, what they did to Romano? I mean first his arm was chopped off by the helicopter, then he was crushed by it! Compared to that, Tony getting the plague and then being shot would be nothing.

Well, yes, but that was just ridiculous. ER, to me, jumped the shark YEARS ago. NCIS hasn't been around long enough to be that ridiculous.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.