FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fairie Tales (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fairie Tales
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked stories that gave you something to look at: my mom had a great collection of children's picture books (and still does...). The best way to get these is just to go to a used bookstore with your child, or maybe a library sale, and pick out togeather which ones look interesting.

I also liked the ones that had mom either rhyming (like "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom") or acting out the story (does anyone here know the story Little Bunny Foo Foo?).

I think stories that show a different world are the most interesting, espcially for little kids. That's why we all love movies like Toy Story. I remember the story "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" fondly--it was the story of a town where, instead of regular weather, they had food rain down on them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

He might be a bit young still, but once he gets older, consider reading chapter books to him--like the Chronicles of Narnia, or even Hardy Boy mysteries. Then it can be EXCITING to go to bed, because you get to learn what happens next.

Finally, consider talking to your local librarian--it's their job to know what the good books are. [Smile]

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
This was a favorite of mine as well...

"Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo"

It's just fun to say. [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.