FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Man Arrested for Wearing Grinch Mask

Author Topic: Man Arrested for Wearing Grinch Mask
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Man Arrested for Wearing Grinch Mask

Ok, so some didn't like the last funny. But this one is really funny. To think they even warned him.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of those laws can trace their roots to anti-Klan efforts, I believe.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
What is the world coming to these days? I mean, a man can't even dress up like a fictional grouch who is green. Makes me think I should stop dressing up like Yoda. [Cry]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
God. IS it illegal to do that in CA?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
No. And if you read the link, reasonable use of masks, even for recreation, if allowed.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
My friends and I have been hassled by various mall security guards for wearing costumes to movie premiers. Probably the worst was when 8 of us went to a Batman movie dressed as assorted characters. They wouldn't let our Robin wear his 1" wide eyeband-only mask, and justified this because we could be robbing stores in our masks. You know, because making your getaway in tights and a cape is really inconspicuous.

--Enigmatic
(was the Joker)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to remember that a mall security guard has very little to lose by restricting the actions of teenagers and much more to lose by letting them do what they will.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes. I don't mean to compare that to actually getting arrested. It's just a little funny. Most things involving Mall Security are a little funny.

For example, ask ElJay about getting carded at the Mall of America. (Speaking of "little")

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen mall rats, but by the itallics, I assume you are referring to some book or TV show that you are correct in assuming I have never seen.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
One of our WenchConers got told to take off his mask the second year. First year, same theater, no one said anything about the masks. *shrug*
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.