FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 12)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I was pretty surprised to see this one bumped. Ahh, the good old days when I had high cubicle walls to conceal playing Ogame at work. The game was pretty fun for a while.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

- posted      Profile for Hookt_Un_Fonix   Email Hookt_Un_Fonix         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we still have a hatrack alliance in universe 5?
Posts: 120 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* Now I'm going to be addicted to this Dark Pirates game. I didn't mean to, I just wanted to see what it was, and now I'm out there robbing transports. Oh, and nice mugging MEC. I'll get you next time Gadg... MEC!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Remember all of those websites we used to have where we'd discuss strategies and such for our alliance? [Big Grin]

Man that game was addicting.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

- posted      Profile for Hookt_Un_Fonix   Email Hookt_Un_Fonix         Edit/Delete Post 
well I just signed up after seeing this thread and just started my rookie life.
Posts: 120 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I attack you vonk? sorry. Well, you don't have to worry about me anymore, I quit. I don't want to dedicate that much time to it. That and the pay-to-play guy's missles were annoying. I had a stronger ship than anyone else in the game, but their stupid missles would kill me anyway.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

well send me your stuff then, help a rookie out lol
MEC
Member # 2968

Sorry, I already sold all the stuff and donated it to my old alliance. Besides, you can't send stuff to other players.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

ah it was worth a shot. Looking for an alliance now though that might help a newb build. Right now just following the advice I received on this thread.
MEC
Member # 2968

What I suggest is to trade minerals with the trading colonies:

Djem Al Dhir
Teril Tkarr
Limes Ater
Atlanticans
Sandstorm Nebula
Avalon Sector
Carminian

Going back and forth between a few colonies that are close is best for starting out. Write down what the various minerals are selling for, so that you can have a reference (stock and prices change every hour). Buy when the minerals are low in price, and sell at higher. It works best when you can form a loop of colonies to both sell and buy at each.

Once you have enough you should buy a new ship with a bigger cargo hold, enableing you to carry more than one type of mineral at a time. I first upgraded to the Sunfox then eventually the Conqueror.

I have a list of the minerals and price ranges that I've found:

Iron:3-6
Duran:14-25
Polenium:21-39
Quadrinium:6-11
Helenium:175-325
Phosarit:63-116
Melanit:98-182

Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

thanks man, I should be building ships soon. I have a heck of a production base building up. The price guide should really really help.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.