FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What does your screen name mean? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What does your screen name mean?
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll start. Johnsonweed is a play on the name johnsongrass, which is the common name of a plant that I have been involved doing some research on. Some friends of mine thought the name "johnsonweed" was funny and started calling me that, so I use it as a screen name.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I first joined Hatrack as a result of the Alvin Maker series, and I mentally connected with Peggy Larner. So the Goody comes from the Alvin series, and Scrivener because I make a living as a legal secretary.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
The last section of the first post...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth means that my parents decided to name me Elizabeth.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, 'so cal' is where I live and the 'chic' part means that I am female [Smile]
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Ea quae legit is Latin for "She who reads".
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
It means Boris [Smile]

But Seriously, I just got the nickname when a guy I know saw me wearing a black trench coat and told me I looked like Boris Badenov. I liked that idea for some reason, and it stuck.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 8107

- posted      Profile for Spaceman   Email Spaceman         Edit/Delete Post 
Spaceman was my screen name back in the old days of relay chat before the world wide web. At the time, somebody else already had Spaceman Spiff.
Posts: 115 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Beatnix was the name of our senior shirt group in high school. Lot of sentimental value. Proabably the single greatest show of friendship I have experienced is very much wrapped up in the name. The first time my friends and I all got together again after leaving high school was to come to the funeral of one of my best friends. There were about 20 guys in our group of friends. We all wore our shirts and got Keiths from his mom. Bon fire and a big circle later that night. One by one we said a few words, some prayed, some read poems, some shared memories and then ripped of our shirt hulk hogan style, this was a signature move of our friend Keith, and then threw the shirt in the fire. I still have the ashes down stairs in my basement. I've never made it to his grave site yet to leave them for him. It's been 7 years and I'm still not sure if I'm ready to go. But anyways... that's where beatnix comes from.

19 was my high school football number, chosen in honor of the great Bearnie Kozar.

I've used a variation of the name beatnix pretty much in ever application on-line that has needed a name.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Desdemona= Shakespeare character who was smothered to death by a pillow.

I found it interesting- So I used it. Plus, it's a cool name.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay is my name. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't we go through this recently? *scratches head*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Quid - Yea. It's been a while though. I know I've posted something about my name before.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my name because I haven't a clue about most things.

[Confused]

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is based on a character from one of OSC's books. Kinda.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
No it isn't, Papa, don't lie to the newbie.

That character is named (and based, sort of) on his screen name here, as is his wifes.

Really. I am not kidding. [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a minor mental affliction.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
After the Henna Party, one of the attending jatraqueras described me in a post as "the enigmatic Brian of the awwwww" I kind of liked that, and when I did register it was initially for a guess-who-this-is-a-picture-of thread, so the mystery related name fit.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
It means I am Pixier Than Thou =P
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm named after this cuddly little fellow, whose named after this fuzzy friend, whose named after this, less cuddly, philosopher.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
memory_guilded
Member # 8092

- posted      Profile for memory_guilded   Email memory_guilded         Edit/Delete Post 
From the Poe song "Spanish Doll."

A memory guilded in red and gold... it's poetic. [Wink]

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Does "Corwin of Amber" ring any bell? I dropped "of Amber" to be able to mix easier with you mortals! [Razz]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Mortals??? I'm a ghost in the machine.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My name means that I am female, a doctor, and a big fan of all things related to BYU. Go Cougars!

(man, saying that last made me feel so dirty.)

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
A cross between halfwit and pundit as well as a fairly accurate depiction of my posting proclivities
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
My sn is my initials.

But in french it can mean guy, dude, male cat, and pimp.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
sarcasticmuppet comes from something my teacher in HS called me. I was editor of the school paper, and I would glibely make fun of people for doing silly things like not making their deadlines and such. He compared me to Waldorf and Statler, the two old hecklers in the Muppet Show. I thought it was funny.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is my first two initials spelled out. (LJ = ElJay.)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
Lanfear, a demon femme fatale from Robert Jordans WoT series.. Even though im a male. .Dunno just my name
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Mortals??? I'm a ghost in the machine.

We are spirits in the material world...
oops wrong thread LOL

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the name "Teshi".
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the Queen of Ketchup.

Only Heinz is true Ketchup, of course.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
The light (Halo) and the dark (Silhouette). So if you've got a dark figure surrounded by light it's a haloed silhouette.

I knew I had to join in with one of my wiser inventions.

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Only Heinz is true Ketchup, of course.
]

That's discrimination! Ketchupism! You're a ketchupist!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
kq, none of your Heinz proselytising. Muir Glen makes much better ketchup.

Mine is the name of a ship that is breifly mentioned (but never really plays into the plot of) at least two different Heinlein novels. I glommed onto it because I have some Rom ancestry (about 1/32)

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Only Heinz is true ketchup. All others are either catsup, or catsup pretending to be ketchup.

As the Queen of Ketchup, I know these things.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
this is my real name Istarted useing it at VBS in the Ooc so people would know i was talking for my self and not for my characters. then i desided to use it over here. when i realized would try to kidnap me since im to old and ugly.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I think mine should be pretty obvious.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
So you try to get people to throw lawyers in water?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
No. Only Heinz is true ketchup. All others are either catsup, or catsup pretending to be ketchup.

As the Queen of Ketchup, I know these things.

I now have the image of Mr. Burns in the grocery store...

"Ketchup. Catsup. Ketchup. Catsup."

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
Calaban is a misspelled version of Caliban, from the Tempest. Spookily he is the Shakespearian character with whom I most relate. It's misspelled because after I saw the play I had niether the play bill nor a copy of the script available.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is from...*trumpet fanfare* Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is the result of putting my real name into some random internet goofy name generator I found way back eight years ago in college.

It became my sig for high score lists in video games, and then when I joined hatrack, it became my sn here.

My other sn, Procrastination, was a result of my failed bid at becoming a hatrack horseman of the apocalypse.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
JT Stryker is my real 1st and middle initials, and then my grandmother on my mother's side's Maiden name.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is named after my little dog, who died of cancer not long before I joined Hatrack. (His mother's name was Peanut, so her owners named all her pups after nuts!) I still miss him...
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
Ginol_Enam = Login Name. Backwards.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Wouldn't that be Nigol_Eman?
*runs away screaming*

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the company that made Snoopy's biplane.

It's also from the title of a story I've yet to write, "Sopwith's Last Camel."

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is from JRR Tolkien... the name of the silver tree of heaven, brother of Lauralin the Gold tree.

I love silver, Elves, and Tolkien... and Telperion is just a killer name. [Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.