FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Something [New?] About Gay Marriage

Author Topic: Something [New?] About Gay Marriage
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote "new?" in the title because I am sure SOMEONE thought of it - but in all of my Gay-Marriage-Thread viewing here I didn't see a reference to this. So here's my opinion, and please remember this is a 15 y.o. who's just finished a comprehensive test in Leviticus (in Hebrew), and does not refer to the New Testament.

In Leviticus {18,22} it says: "ואת-זכר לא תשכב משכבי אשה תועבה הוא", and I translate it as "and a man you shall not besleep* [with] a man [a] Woman's sleeping; putridity she** is". So there's no reference to what the actual restriction is: anal penetration? Oral sex? Making out? Commentators did not say in the book I have (the original מקראות גדולות from the Vilna printing).

So basically, homosexual marriage is not stated, and I personally see no reason to battle the MARRIAGE from that source. Again - my opinion.

The real issue is that assuming homosexual marriage is wrong, and assuming that it should be banned, a free nation such as the USA should not restrict it or have the banning a matter of state policy; rather, allow the local, religious congregation to deal with it in its customs and its theology. The state itself should not prohibit gayness for religious reasons.

And frankly, all the excuses against gay marriage I heard this far are either religious or anthropological that derive from religions' axioms. As OSC said, scientific proof is not yet present with enough strength to have biological evidence a proper matter - so currently those two excuse-categories remain. (If someone knows of a completely different reasoning - please let me know.)

I still see no reason why local congregations should not be the ones to deal with it. If a gay is atheist, no national compulsion should be apply to that person that has no specific religious ethics of the sort - one which prohibits homosexual marriage. State policy is to allow all have their freedom; religious congregations are another matter, and each to his own, in this case.

Jonathan Howard

* The nominative tense of "to sleep" when one person does it on another, so you have the "besleeper" and the "ensleeped" or the "sleeper" and "sleepee".

** "She" refers to the word תועבה (which I translatd as "putridity"), which is in feminine gender: swap the pronoun for "it", if you want.

[ May 30, 2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Haloed Silhouette ]

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhat related to my former roommate's stated position back when gay marriage debates hit the major news coverage, particularly when some people said same-sex "civil unions" would be ok but not marriage. His point went something like this:

If marriage has religious significance, and some churchs want to restrict or define it differently then other churchs, why does the government have ANY laws pertaining to marriage, homo or hetero. Make all of the legal definitions Civil Unions, whether it's a man and a woman, or both the same gender. Then let your church decide whether or not two people in a Civil Union are actually married or not. The "sanctity of marriage" would be protected without infringing on anyone's legal rights as a couple.

It would never fly, of course, because it's too much of a political hotbutton issue for people to go for a compromise that would actually work.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's their problem, they live in a pluralist nation. If they want to be conservative, promote their own institution - don't go plucking state (federal) policy when it's none of your business! You want your own nation? Gather nough people for whom it's important enough to have a seperate nation - and start a rebellion. If enough people are on your side - you'll win.

Jonathan

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If they want to be [insert ideaology here], promote their own institution - don't go plucking state (federal) policy when it's none of your business! You want your own nation? Gather nough people for whom it's important enough to have a seperate nation - and start a rebellion. If enough people are on your side - you'll win.
Do you realize that this can apply equally to both sides of this (or any other) disagreement? [note that I made one minor change]

It's as usless to use it against one side of a disagreement as it is to use it against the other.

Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

I noticed the change, but I was applying it to a certain side in this case.

And though it can apply to both sides, one of the sides is living within the other's control and thus needs to follow the federal rules.

So it can apply, but remember that the status of a congregation as opposed to a federal state in which the congregation is - is quite a different status.

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so technically speaking, you're supposed to love the sinner, but hate the sin. The sin in this case is a man lying with a man as he does a woman (most likely refering to penetration of some sort). When it comes to marriage, according to Christianity, you should only be having sex within marriage, so if gays are going to get married, then it's almost like telling them to have sex.

Also, note that it doesn't say anything about women together, just men.

Personally, I agree with Enigmatic's statement on the issue. The state shouldn't tell the church what they should do, but the church shouldn't be telling the state what it should do.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

quote:
The sin in this case is a man lying with a man as he does a woman (most likely refering to penetration of some sort).
It's not; you don't cheat on your wife due to homosexuality. If you're gay then be open about it.* If you're religious but gay find a community that suits you. So yes - "according to Christianity, you should only be having sex within marriage" - so go to a church that supports your ideology. If no such churches exist because Christianity does not permit such things in it's ethical code - then any religious person must INDIVDUALLY deal with the problem on his/her own - the problem being an ideological contradiction between your homosexual needs and your congregation.

The state should tell the church that as long as it does not violate state policy then it can do what it want. It can add internal restrictions, but not force people into those. The only thing is that it should NOT permit restrictions of the nation. (Or, if it's an international congregation, it can permit things that some nations oppose - but they may not b done within an opposing nation, so it always complies with the law.)

quote:
Also, note that it doesn't say anything about women together, just men.
The question is not that; the question is whether or not it implies that if such a hypothetical situation arose (whch is not in the Bible's possible conception bcause at the time none dreamed of lesbianism) it would have been banned.

Jonathan

* In Leviticus 18 there's a continuing repeat of "I am J-H-W-H", and asccording to RASH"I it comes to explain that even if you do something secret (like cursing a deaf person - Leviticus 19), God knows and no secrets are held from him. So any person who's cheating on his/her spouse with homosexual marriage is a sinner, so that's a seperate issue.

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Where did you get the cheating argument from?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Sorry, it was a misinterpretation.
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
whch is not in the Bible's possible conception bcause at the time none dreamed of lesbianism
WHAT? Where on earth did you come up with THAT?

You can't be seriously arguing that in Biblical times no one "dreamed" of lesbianism. I think it is much more likely that there is no specific restriction against lesbianism because in those patriarchal times it didn't really matter what women did amongst themselves as long as they didn't presume to usurp any of the men.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Posterior, Karl. As in, "Pulled out of."
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Or it could be there was no prohibition on lesbianism because the people writing the laws thought "Two chicks are hot."

This lowest common denominator brought to you by...

The Pixiest

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I think lesbianism is implied in at least one place.

*searches*

quote:
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

This from Romans chapter 1. Now, if you are one of those people who like to plug their ears and say "Lalalalala!" whenever Paul is talking, then I guess this and most of the New Testament doesn't make a flip of difference to you.

But it sounds to me like lesbianism was every bit as condemned as male/male homosexuality--if less common or less known about.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now, if you are one of those people who like to plug their ears and say "Lalalalala!" whenever Paul is talking, then I guess this and most of the New Testament doesn't make a flip of difference to you.
How insulting.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

quote:
You can't be seriously arguing that in Biblical times no one "dreamed" of lesbianism.
Now I feel bad for two typos in a single title, but never mind.

I meant (and that's what the "" was for) that it was not in the time's perception that this thing were to happen often enough for it to be worth a special and SEPERATE restriction from male homosxuality. Remember that (and this is at least in parts of Jewish Orthodoxy) the Bible is read by the letter and that if there's a separate restriction you can write a whole book about why it was said twice*. Maybe from that restriction you learn that women's sexual entertainment is also prohibited, even though it's not quite as (and please excuse my profanity) explicitly "hardcore" as penetration.

Also, remember that since the restriction is apparently one regarding penetration, women cannot penetrate other women whereas men can. So even if the women are having oral intercourse, it does not mean that it is a parallel of male-male penetration.

The Bible probably didn't take that as a common possibility or as something that was bound to happen, and therefore saw no reason to place such a restriction.

Jonathan Howard

* There was a person (Shim`on Ha`Assurdy or something similar) who wrote about how the word "את" was used - where, in fact, linguists agree that it's a purposeless "particle" (my father's definition of the word, and he's a linguist). Every time it was said he found some remote thing to learn from it. Just to show you that the Bible's compact.

KarlEd
Member # 571

1. None of what you just posted changes my initial incredulity. Whether or not it is explicity stated as existing in the Bible, I'm pretty sure it existed and I'm pretty sure Moses knew about it, at least in theory.

2. "The Bible" doesn't "take" anything as a possibility etc. "The Bible" didn't even exist as we know it when the various books were written.

quote:
Every time it was said he found some remote thing to learn from it. Just to show you that the Bible's compact.
Or it's vague to the point of inscrutability. If you stare into a pail of sand long enough you can probably see the Mona Lisa, too. [Wink] Like any other literary analysis, the fact that you can "get something out of it" doesn't mean that "something" actually exists objectively within the work.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Danzig, I'm sorry, that came out a bit harsh. I guess I have been embittered by past conversations that went something like this:

Them: "Tell me where in the Bible that it says homosexuality is wrong."

Me: "Well, Paul said it, a couple of times, actually."

Them: "Well, Paul doesn't count. Paul was a sexist pig, and I think he was a dork."

Me: "Huh. The scriptures Paul provided are among my favorites ever. I think Paul is totally awesome. I guess you don't believe most of the New Testament? And you figure the Old Testament is outdated? Then why are we having this discussion?"

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The real issue is that assuming homosexual marriage is wrong, and assuming that it should be banned, a free nation such as the USA should not restrict it or have the banning a matter of state policy; rather, allow the local, religious congregation to deal with it in its customs and its theology. The state itself should not prohibit gayness for religious reasons.

And frankly, all the excuses against gay marriage I heard this far are either religious or anthropological that derive from religions' axioms. As OSC said, scientific proof is not yet present with enough strength to have biological evidence a proper matter - so currently those two excuse-categories remain. (If someone knows of a completely different reasoning - please let me know.)

I still see no reason why local congregations should not be the ones to deal with it. If a gay is atheist, no national compulsion should be apply to that person that has no specific religious ethics of the sort - one which prohibits homosexual marriage. State policy is to allow all have their freedom; religious congregations are another matter, and each to his own, in this case.

Hear hear! [Smile]
I want to post more but I'm off to work... I'll catch up later tonight. Peace ya'll.

*hugs for bev because she's cool*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[Smile]

*feels hugged*

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*scowls*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Hey, he's like a sister to me. [Smile]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't matter.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Do you need a hug too Porter?
[Evil]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I really want that angry smiley from Galactic Cactus.

*sigh*

edit: I still find it creepy that with the latest incarnation of HR, you can invisibly edit your posts.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If it'd be any consolation, Porter, maybe Telp can tell you that he thinks you're really hot. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

*cocks head to the side*

Nope. That would be no consolation.

Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

I think Porter is afraid beverly is lesbian. Heck, I wouldn't mind my wife to be one *wink*, but I'm not here for the jokes.

quote:
"The Bible" didn't even exist as we know it when the various books were written.
Right, but I was referring to a single book, where MOST of the writings are pretty much authentic to their source. We can see that these rules were followed closely (a story about Saul and David proves that), and any case - I only use the term "Bible" to include the books that are regarded as sacred and are a code of law to the readers.

That is - after all - the religious resoning against homosexuality.

quote:
the fact that you can "get something out of it" doesn't mean that "something" actually exists objectively within the work.
Like lesbianism. Is it really in there, or not? It's a tough qustion because you don't know whther the common Biblical-analysis terms "השלכה","קל וחמר", and "היקש" (rivka - help me with their translation!) apply in this case. Again - I'm not stating either side, just placing the cards on the table. My real issue is the state vs. religion status and the discussion around that.

Jonathan Howard

P.S. It seems like I'm not that awful in my first "gay marriage and misc." thread.

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
John, I found your first sentence funny. And hot damn I wish I knuw Hebrew too bad I'm neither Jewish or a linguist. Okay the thing about Homosexuals is that why complain? Just means more women for the rest of us neh? It's only the Bi's you have to watch out for like my friend who gets all the hot women sniffing around him. [Grumble] I need a girlfriend.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
I think Porter is afraid beverly is lesbian. Heck, I wouldn't mind my wife to be one *wink*, but I'm not here for the jokes.
You do know that Telperion is male, right?
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

quote:
I need a girlfriend.
I've got virgin lips, virgin 'girlfriend records', virgin experience with women, and obviously a virgin penis. (Assuming the term "virgin" can be used referring to men who haven't ever done x or had y ever in the past.)

quote:
Okay the thing about Homosexuals is that why complain?
I'm not complaining, I'm placing more problems that we need to deal with, and I need to deal with as one of the "we" who [personally] believes that nothing is wrong with homosexual marriage. If someone is gayly (gaily?) married and is Judeo/Christian religious - he and his partner need to personally deal with the problem of anal penetration - and how they sort it out. That's how I see it.

quote:
It's impossible to know. Ever since English lost gender. I go with the "either" possibility and use it as the context suits me.

I still sometimes think of words in their Hebrew gender; and God only knows why, because English is what I think in, speak more in, read more in, write more in, and swear more in *wink*.

Jonathan Howard

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
If it'd be any consolation, Porter, maybe Telp can tell you that he thinks you're really hot
quote:
*cocks head to the side*

Nope. That would be no consolation.

[Big Grin]
[Razz]
Hehehe...
quote:
think Porter is afraid beverly is lesbian. Heck, I wouldn't mind my wife to be one *wink*, but I'm not here for the jokes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ROFL] [ROFL]
I've been to KamaCon... I'm sure some people can tell you I'm a real boy. [Cool]

Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

I don't have a database of Hatrack members and genders with over 8000 records.

Sorry, I don't do that.

KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Right, but I was referring to a single book,. . .

In that case, "Bible" is most certainly not the right word since by definition the "Bible" is a collection of writings, not just one of its books. My main point, however, is that The Bible doesn't take things into consideration and then decide to not include other things. The Bible is an inanimate object and does nothing but sit where it is put. It is the writers whose writings have been collected in The Bible who held opinions, made considerations, and decided what to write about and what to ignore. It does no service to scholarly discussion of The Bible to personify it.

Even more importantly, one should keep in mind that The Bible did not exist in the form we have it at the time any one writer wrote. In fact, almost none of the writers whose work is collected in The Bible wrote his part with the intention that it would be included in a definitive collection of scripture. Therefore it is very unsound logic to extrapolate from the lack of a reference to something that said something must not have existed.

quote:
. . . where MOST of the writings are pretty much authentic to their source.
That is a matter of faith, at least insofar as the Christian Bible goes. All surviving documents from which The Bible was compiled are copies of copies of copies. When the King James Version of the Holy Bible was compiled, a whole team of scholars studied hundreds of manuscripts, many of them conflicting to varying degrees. These men decided which side to take in these conflicts and which manuscripts to leave in and which to take out. To my knowledge, none of the manuscripts used to compile the King James Version was actually penned in the hand of the purported author of that document. Also, to my knowledge, no biblical manuscripts exist today that are actually written in the hand of the author of the words thereon. Thus, your claim above is more a matter of faith than fact.

quote:
Like lesbianism. Is it really in there, or not?
No, exactly not like lesbianism. My claim that lesbianism probably existed back then was extrapolated from my knowledge of human nature which hasn't changed much in recorded history (at least not on an individual level). It is logical that if homosexual men existed, there is no reason to believe that homosexual women didn't also exist. I didn't "get that out of" a reading between the lines of the Bible. In any case, the lack of mention of something in the Bible does not constitute evidence of its non-existence. I don't think you'll find any mention of the pituitary gland in the Bible, but I bet there were a lot of them around back then.

quote:
My real issue is the state vs. religion status and the discussion around that.
I agree with your conclusion in your first post that religious congregations should be free to define their rites and sacraments as they see fit, but should not restrict my civil rite to marriage. I'm just quibbling with some of your other implied claims and method of reasoning.

However, if I've stated your conclusion appropriately above, it's not that new. There might be something to your reasoning above about "penetration", etc. but it's probably not going to convince anyone. Most people who reject homosexuality and gay rights for religious reasons aren't going to be persuaded by a deeply semantic arguement that doesn't hold up to a plain reading of the Bible in English. That may be illogical or close minded (or maybe not. YMMV) but that is the state of American political Christianity today.

quote:
P.S. It seems like I'm not that awful in my first "gay marriage and misc." thread.
I don't think you're awful at all. My impression is that you are above average in intelligence and education for your age. Don't stop posting and trying out new ideas. But be aware that if you post something for public perusal, you're going to be at the mercy of quibblers of all stripes (grammatical, logical, symantical, etc.). [Wink]
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

I need to go, but I will reply when I return.
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Okay, here's my thesis.

quote:
All surviving documents from which The Bible was compiled are copies of copies of copies.
Right, and the version I use is one that shows different manuscripts (some even 2,000 years old) and versions that were otherwise common - and it shows a listing of the differences (including different opinions regarding the secondary stressing on words). The most authentic on the planet.

quote:
Thus, your claim above is more a matter of faith than fact.
It's exactly as much a matter of faith as Latin phonetics are.

quote:
My claim that lesbianism probably existed back then was extrapolated from my knowledge of human nature which hasn't changed much in recorded history (at least not on an individual level).
I'm not trying to contradict anthropology, what I'm saying is that it's rather possible that lesbianism was not a common notion as masculine homosexuality. This has been verified to me by my teacher*, who (if I am not mistaken) has part in the production of the anuual Bible Quiz ("חידון התנ"ך העולמי"). Just to tell you that this opinion has a base from the high grounds. Whether it was implied or not, there is place to acknowledge the possibility.

quote:
In any case, the lack of mention of something in the Bible does not constitute evidence of its non-existence.
No, but there is reason to analyse why the restriction was one-sided.

quote:
I agree with your conclusion in your first post that religious congregations should be free to define their rites and sacraments as they see fit, but should not restrict my civil rite to marriage.
Excellent! So we have agreed on this matter and I am currently not facing any other contradictions about that. Serenity now.

quote:
I don't think you're awful at all.
Thank you, what I meant was that I wasn't leapt upon and been torn to pieces by agressive debaters. Like what Alcon ALMOST tried to do in my Auschwitz and Genocide thread, and what Dagone did when I jumped on porter for calling his wife a Nazi. (This sounds weird, but it's OOC.)

quote:
My impression is that you are above average in intelligence and education
Thanks, but you're just trying to strengthen Tom Davidson's claims here about my excessive need for attention (though much was said about his ego, too).

quote:
for your age
Today's teens' standards are appalling.

Jonathan Howard

* It's a single opinion, but it has grounds: my teacher is the grandson of the author of the one who wrote the best modern form of commentary, "דעת מקרא", that analyses different manuscrips and shows very deep structured analysis - in a similar way to ArtScroll.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, an unsolicited suggestion.

When you are directing a post (primarily) toward someone who neither speaks nor reads Hebrew, using Hebrew characters is fairly useless.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

I know, and I hoped you could post your thought on the authenticity (e.g., saying "היקש" in English - see above).
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that lesbianism was not unheard of by new testament times at least. In the 7th century BC there was a woman from the isle of Lesbos named Sappho. She was quite the poet and many of the subjects of her love poems were other women.

I know all the regulars here have heard of her, but seems we have some newbies in this thread =)

Anyway, if you want a better description of her life (I over-simplified it in the first paragraph) here's the wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sappho

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Meus deus!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Mega Deus!
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Why combine Greek and Latin?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Two great tastes that taste great together.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Haloed Silhouette:
I know, and I hoped you could post your thought on the authenticity (e.g., saying "היקש" in English - see above).

I don't think I am familiar with the term.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Ah well, I shall not cry over spilled milk.

Mega Deus still confuses me. God is by definition big, no?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.