FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Important Urgent Life Altering News or not

Author Topic: Important Urgent Life Altering News or not
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
In Honor of National Donut Day Krispy Kreme is passing out free donuts Friday 6/3

Well, I thought it was important news.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
OH MY GOD! Where is the closest Krispy Kreme? Oh, wait. Its sixty miles away and I don't eat donuts that much. Well, that spoils my day.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*hates Krispy Kreme with a passion*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Winchell's will honor the Krispy Kreme freebee?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I prefer Pop Tarts most days. Krispy Kreme is good, but its too good. It makes you sick after eating one and a half.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
*drool* hmmmmmm............krispy kreme.........*drool*
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Drooling is not permitted in this thread! *slaps hand* Anyway, when you drool its more of a, "hofkkkkkkk"
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Krispy Kreme is the ultimate evil corporate empire next to tobacco companies, MacDonald’s and Mrs. Fields Cookies. They (Krispy Kreme) overtly encourage addiction of the Donut. As a recovering Donut addict myself I feel their marketing strategy is akin to selling cigarettes to children. Fortunately, I’ve managed to break the addition and no longer require a Donut hit. But many people are not aware of the dangerous diseases that my result when becoming addicted to Donut such as Obesity, Diabetes and Thrush to name a few.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Pepsi is up there too. I know a lot of people, including myself, who are or have developed an addiction to Pepsi.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. What about sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese addictions?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Starbuck's?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

At the Atlanta airport, there is a Starbucks every three feet. I'm not kidding. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating. Its more than three feet. But its pretty close. Either way, Starbucks, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, Krispy Kreme, and Pepsi will be the first evil corporations to get their own planet.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Welcome to Planet Pepsi. It is the fizziest planet in the sector."
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
"a free doughnut"??

There has never been a time I have gone into a Krispy Kreme that they haven't given me a free donut as I stood in line or order or decide what I want. They always hand out freebies. How is this different?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Noooo the closet Krispy Kreme is 2 hours away!!! Damn you Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins franchise.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, now I have to call in sick tomorrow... Krispy Kreme is in my train station and right in the main path out of the building. It's going to take me a small eternity to get out of the station to get to work and again to get into the station to go home...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
About two and a half seconds after I checked out this thread, they announced it on the radio. Still doesn't do me any good, but whoa.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
It's probably a good thing there's no Krispy Kreme nearby. I love em.

About Starbucks (note the lack of apostrophe!!), though...the Atlanta airport doesn't hold a candle to downtown Seattle. I went to a conference there in November. Our hotel was three blocks from the conference hotel. In between our hotel and the conference hotel, there were seven (!!) full Starbucks shops, and there was a mini-cart inside the conference hotel, as well.

When we walked into a nearby mall, which was two stories, but relatively small, we counted four, two of them within eyeshot of each other.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Starbucks, and the whole coffee shop craze in general, started in Seattle. I remember going out there in 1987 and thinking it was the coolest thing.

Dunkin Donuts is like that here in Massachusetts. What, and intersection without a Dunkin Donuts?? What are you thinking?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Rats! Forgot to go by Krispy Kreme on the way to work today after reading this thread last night!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I hate you. Now I have this awful craving for donuts, and no supermarket is going to be open until tomorrow night.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was miraculously spared. No signs or anything at the KK in the train station, no abnormal lines, nothing. And I wasn't going to wait to make an issue of a free donut when I don't especially care for their fluffballs anyway. Give me something with some body to it!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes! Since I moved away from LA, I have been pining for my Foster's Donuts! [Cry]
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
About Starbucks (note the lack of apostrophe!!), though...the Atlanta airport doesn't hold a candle to downtown Seattle. I went to a conference there in November. Our hotel was three blocks from the conference hotel. In between our hotel and the conference hotel, there were seven (!!) full Starbucks shops, and there was a mini-cart inside the conference hotel, as well.
What amazed me when I moved here is that all these Starbucks are so close together, with a Tully's, a Seattle's Best and three indie carts in between, and they all do well. In other states Starbucks has been accused of driving indie owners out of business, but I never really see that happening here.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
romany, the real problem with this is that those of us who are addicted to much their much too expensive drinks (I don't drink coffee, but I LOVE chai tea) are consigned to hell when we leave the area. We actually have to search to sustain our addiction.

I actually had to drive over five miles to get my chai tea while I was working a couple of months in Buffalo last year. You can't spit but hit a Tim Hortons (where they can't even spell chai), but the only espresso style place they have at all is Starbucks. Only ONE Starbucks, that I could find. It was very distressing for someone who is accustommed to having five to ten such places all within easy crawling distance of each other.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I remember my week in Central PA... the closest Starbucks was 30 miles away, I had to live on French press for a week. You can guess the first place I went when we stopped over at the Cincinatti airport. For some reason, baristas in that and the Chicago airport had never heard of extra shots in a Frappucino.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Steev. Donuts are the product of Marketing Natural Selection, in which the ability to addict people exists in a fine balance with how quickly you kill your users.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.