FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How is a six foot arab on dialysis so hard to find?

Author Topic: How is a six foot arab on dialysis so hard to find?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone agree?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Try finding a 6 foot arab on dialysis in a million square miles of desert/caves in an area where the people have a millenia long code to take in and defend with their lives all those who ask, even if they don't like them

edit: Yes, I know it's a joke.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's even taller than 6 ft.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Who? What's the context of this thread?
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
Osama
Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Osama is on dialysis? I did not know that.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly. I find it hard to believe myself, as you have to have certain special conditions and equipment to conduct treatments. In addition, the patients need it at least three times a week. To kick all that off, in ideal conditions the average dialysis patient only lives for about 5 to 7 years. Although some go beyond this (one of mine went 30 years) it is not common.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
If the information comes from the same folks who told us about the WMD's... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] We have such a competent governement.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sid Meier:
Anyone agree?

How do you agree to a question?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
There are ways to conduct emergency dialysis under less-than-optimal conditions, but I'd say prognosis would be significantly worse. How do we know he's on dialysis?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

lol, like EM said, conditions have ot be met, he's probly dead now if not then somebody is not doing their job just look into the hsopitals and see if any equipment and stuff went missing blah.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Like just look for the guy attached to his luggage that goes "beeeeeeep"
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

The only plausible explanation if the gov is correct is if he was not in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). If that's the case, then he retains some kidney function. Assuming that is so, then he can go as long as a few weeks at a time without treatments depending on how impaired his kidneys may or may not be.

This is a possible scenario because he looks more haggard in his last couple of vids then he did around 9-11. It could just be from stress, but it could also be him showing signs of inadequate dialysis as well. So if he's not in ESRD, then it's still possible for him to stay hidden and get his treatments from time to time.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like mysteries are laden in everything that surrounds Mr. Osama.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Actually thats a typo its Usama I think.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Finding a six foot Arab who is dead due to lack of dialysis treatments - now that may be a tough problem. Corpses do not usually draw attention to themselves.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

Either way, the boogey man is coming for him. [Big Grin]
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
"Sounds like mysteries are laden in everything that surrounds Mr. Osama."

that made me laugh. [No No]

edit: Usama? I've always seen it as Osama.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, Sid, I could probably find you one... give me a few days, and you'll have a brand new six foot Arab on dialysis. [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's hard to find because he's in an Arab country. I'm sure he'd stick out like a sore thumb at the local gamer shop, but let's think about this for awhile...
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Osama's living in the WhiteHouse with his best buddy Dubya
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, that makes sense.

If he's easy to find, y'all find him. I'm sure there'll be a significant reward!

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he got a kidney transplant? It might actually be easier to do that operation in hiding rather than to stay on dialysis if he could find a kidney match. I'm sure there would be a willing doctor somewhere.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say he's either already dead or being taken care of by our "ally" Pakistan.

Since most of the people there side with Osama, the government is walking a fine line. I wouldn't be surprised if they either didn't know or turned a blind eye to Osama being taken care of in a Pakistani hospital. Arresting him on Pakistani soil would cause massive riots.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

BannaOj,

A transplant is possible, but again there are a lot of factors to it. He has a high probability of getting a donor though because of how loyal his followers are. But once you receive one, there is the risk of it failing as well in addition to needing a constant supply of anti-rejection meds. (Your body will fight anything artificial or genetically different from itself) Our doctors tell prospective transplant patients, “You’re just trading one set of problems for another in order to gain your freedom from these machines.”

I do not think he has had one. The majority of transplant recipients gain a noticeable amount of weight as a side-effect from having to take the anti-rejection meds. All of this is still assuming the government is even correct that he does indeed have kidney failure to begin with.

Pixiest,

I've always assumed it's been a bind eye mixed with a little bit of slipping cash and supplies behind the scenes through a third party. This would avoid official affiliation, but would still allow them to aide him.

Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Osama's living in the WhiteHouse with his best buddy Dubya

You've been talking to Michael Moore, haven't you?

Pssst! Avoid him like the plague! His ridiculous banter is helping to pull the image of our party down, just like the other side's partisan idiots…but he sure is entertaining if you agree with him or not, huh? [Razz]

I quote John Stewart:
"You're huuurrrting us. Stop. Please."

Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my fallen Sith… such a shame when they don’t learn the true ways of the dark side
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.