FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do I talk too much? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do I talk too much?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I post to much? Am I starting to seem really annoying to people? Am I an hindrence to the existence of other people? Should I disappear to relieve the thoughs of other people that their current focus of annoyance is no longer here? Or is my existence based on such annoyance, do I only exist according to what other people percieve me as annoying? How and where do I exist on this plane, who or what am I? Am I selfish? Am I nothing but my own flawed perception of existence? Why? What? Where? How? And when? Am I me?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
BREATHE, Sid!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you been watching Evangelion again? [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
You're highly egocentric and more than a little bit of a spaz. Or, to put it another way, you're a male teenage nerd. It's natural. Just, I don't know, try to settle down a little. If I was actually going to expend the energy to be annoyed at people, I'd pick the Hatrack bimbo brigade over the teenage puppy crowd. Both groups have been out in force the last few months.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that you post too much, but you do seem to make more threads than are required. For instance, I believe you had two threads today about Robin Williams. It would have been better etiquette to contain the topic to the one thread. This message board moves pretty fast, so we try to not steal spots on the first page from other potential threads.

Oh and Niki says: "He posted a thead asking whether he talks too much, that alone should tell him something" [Wink]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Or to put it another way, you currently have 7 threads on the first page. We have hundreds of active posters, and no single member should have that many threads. Try to limit yourself to 2 or 3 at a time.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
:lol:
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
. . .you currently have 7 threads on the first page. We have hundreds of active posters, and no single member should have that many threads.

[Blushing] *hides*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I was actually going to expend the energy to be annoyed at people, I'd pick the Hatrack bimbo brigade
[Blushing] sorry [Frown]
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, at least he's not a floating ball of fluff.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*lines him up with two other floating balls of fluff*

*PFOOM!*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*splat!*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack has a bimbo brigade? Sweet! Where the heck have I been? And is that more or less than a bimbo platoon?

"You mean we've had a feminine side this whole time and we haven't been touching it?"
--Lust, "Herman's Head"

Also, LOL at rivka!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Just check your spelling once in awhile, that's all I'm sayin'.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AC
Member # 7909

- posted      Profile for AC           Edit/Delete Post 
substantially more than a platoon
Posts: 151 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
A Hatrack Bimbo brigade? More details, please. I was noticing the puppy behavior but didn't notice anything else.

[ June 06, 2005, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How and where do I exist on this plane, who or what am I? Am I selfish? Am I nothing but my own flawed perception of existence? Why? What? Where? How? And when? Am I me?
Blahhhh 42.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I, too, have failed to notice the bimbos. Perhaps they are for Squicky's benefit only. [Frown]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Er, perhaps I ought to add that I have no interest in bimbos. [Smile]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You're highly egocentric and more than a little bit of a spaz. Or, to put it another way, you're a male teenage nerd. It's natural. Just, I don't know, try to settle down a little. If I was actually going to expend the energy to be annoyed at people, I'd pick the Hatrack bimbo brigade over the teenage puppy crowd. Both groups have been out in force the last few months.
Rockin' post.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Bimbos? Where? I don't see any bimbos.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I apparently have a different conception of what the word bimbo means than many other people. I nthis case, I was sort of meaning people who are like puppies, but lack the "Look at me! Everybody, look at me! Over here!!!!!" aspect and instead have their narcissism take he form of not really caring what's going on around them. They are largely oblivious and giggle at almost anything. Bimbos ask Sid if he's the Sid Meier. Bimbos believe pretty much anything you tell themm unless it concerns them, because they don't think about it too hard.

As I said in ElJay's thread, on reflection, I don't think I should have written that. I'd delete it if that was something I do and if people hadn't picked up on it. As it is, it's not something I'll say again and I'd really hate for it to get in the way of Sid's cry for attention here.

*waves hand* This is not the potentially offensive comment that you are looking for.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

I posted that when I was feeling very depressed, made me a tad better, I'm getting a lecture practically every day punished again and again for abosultly stupid reasons, my parents are acting irrational at times and don't listen when I point this out to them, especially when they contradict themselves. So yesterday I was depressed, today meh, my birthday is in 3 days. So hopefully I'll be appy then. Now CS: Source or Half Life 2....
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's a different kind of offensive comment.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday Sid! (soon...)

How many years have been wasted away already, if I may ask? [Razz]

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

17 I'm turning 18 in.... 3 days. And damnit I get no more allowance. Thus I have to get a job, but I need a drivers licence excpet I need money thus a job to pay for a drivers licence paradox I tell ye.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Walk to work. Or bike. You'd be suprised how short a few miles become when you do it everyday.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
The other thread is gone.... dang. Here I was trying to find out more about bimbos..........
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

other thread ???
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

It's not gone. We just moved it to the secret forums...wait, I mean, yeah, pity it's gone.

One thing that is...I mean was...was on the other thread is that I didn't intend any sexual connotations with the bimbo comment at all. That's not actually the way I see the term, but I realize that other people do. Oops.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Are you trying to get all of Sid's threads deleted, Squick?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

... Conspiracy!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The word bimbo is tricky for me as well. Growing up, the word bimbo mean pretty much "dumb blonde", except without the blondeness.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Bimbo for me is someone who is valuable only for their body, whether to be used or just looked at.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Can we have a hatrack Mimbo-brigade?
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

See, I've known very intelligent people and not particularly attractive ones that I'd classify as bimbos - or is that bimboes? It's more common (at least in public perception) among the attractive because the pretty can get away with so much more self-absorbtion, but I always considered that secondary. The defining part of it for me was the shallowness of thought fueled by the persons narcisism. As I said, obviously other people don't share this view.

edit: PC, I don't think so, but I think we might make a Hatrack mimbo march.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I just love how you can determine whether or not someone is narcissitic based on a few week's observation in Hatrack.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*smooches for Sid*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

If they aren't paying attention to Squick, clearly they must be.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Seriously, what do you two want? Do you want me to admit that I'm a bad person? Fine, I'm a bad person. I'm arrogant and egocentric and whatever else you want to say about me.

Get this. I'll concede whatever you want because it doesn't matter. People are going to read what I wrote and form an opinion of me based on that. I highly doubt your snide little comments are going to alter people's opinions (of me anyway).

So what are you trying to accomplish? I get that we're not going to be exchanging Valentine's day cards. You don't need to keep reminding me. So what, are you trying to make the place just a little bit nastier? Or do you think that being somewhat tiresome is going to get me to change my wicked ways?

My email's in my profile. Feel free to send me all the hate mail you want, but what purpose does it serve to say nasty things about me here?

katharina
Member # 827

Oh my stars, was that to me? Calm down, Squicky - I don't hate you. I only think about you when I'm reading one of your posts.
quote:
Or do you think that being somewhat tiresome is going to get me to change my wicked ways?
Actually, yeah. I don't anticipate it happening, but there's always hope.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You were saying quite nasty things about other people, in general without identifying them, and in specific. So please, drop the victim act, OK? (Nice set of passive-aggressive attacks, btw).

I guess I must belong to one of those insulting and insensitive groups you mentioned earlier. Jackass.

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Calm down, Squicky - I don't hate you. I only think about you when I'm reading one of your posts.
:laugh:

Poor Squicky.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Puppy!!!
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

This has turned into my cry for attention to squirkies cry for attention.... anyone have any problems the communal shrink known as Hatrack can help you.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
squirkies [ROFL]
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
If they aren't paying attention to Squick, clearly they must be [narcissitic].

Mr Squirkies makes more sense more often than most of us here, though he's stirred up a bimbo's nest with his comment here.

So I pay attention to him.

Yay! I'm not (neccesarily) narcissitic!
*pats self on back and preens in mirror*

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
And Sid? Seven threads? Yes.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

This is meant very sincerely: I love Hatrack. There's no one that won't find a defender.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure of that? [Wave]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Adolph Hitler and the Nazi's won't.

This thread is over.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.