FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are there any baseball fans here?

Author Topic: Are there any baseball fans here?
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
It seems sometimes that I exist to watch the Angels!!! I'm very lucky that my wife is so patient with me.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of us exist to watch the Red Sox. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
LETS GO METS
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Used to be a pretty big fan, I still like baseball and am a fan, I'm for the Mariners!
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Yanks fan myself. But a little dissapointed.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
Some of us exist to watch the Red Sox. [Big Grin]

I've been thinking about this since 1986. I forgive you.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

quote:
Originally posted by kaioshin00:
LETS GO METS

'DOH! That darn ninth inning!
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to exist to watch the Jays. After the strike I lost interest. However, I'm currently going through a friend's old baseball card collection for him and it's got me thinking maybe I'd start watching again...
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a great year to be a White Sox fan so far. Still can't get my hopes up yet, with the history of Chicago baseball to keep in mind.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Blue Jays! Not a big fan myself but I support them to keep my fanatic girlfriend happy.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I notice a lot of fans of AL East teams in here, I would just like to take this opportunity to remind you that the O's are in first place.

Go O's!

(yes, I understand that they will likely collapse... but let me have my moments of gloating, they've been few and far between in recent years)

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm for the Cincinnati Reds, as well as whoever is playing the Yankees on a given day. [Wink]
Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
As a Rockies fan much of my summer is a bitter-sweet dissapointment.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
Forgive me?

you as being representative of Red Sox fans.
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a White Sox fan. Although I see more Yankees games than anything, since Buffalo seems to think they are NYC-West when it comes to the team.

On a related note, I'm in First Place in our Fantasy Baseball league.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Pfft. There's a lot more here. [Smile]

Nathan's got a tshirt that says "I am a Red Sox fan and any other team that beats the Yankees."

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Go Twins!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
mack, in 1986, before Buckner, the Angels had us on the ropes, only to lose. They were winning in Game 5, which would have given them the series, but I believe it was Henderson that hit a game winning HR, that set us on the path to the 1986 World Series.

Sorry about that, though we did get our own comeuppance, ten-fold over just a couple weeks later.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
(currently melancholy) Yankees fan
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch baseball much, but it's one of the few sports I'll actually willingly watch.

And, I'm a Braves fan. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's go Bucs!

We're playing 500 ball and have the 3rd lowest pay in MLB! Sweet!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Go Nats!

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
My husband is from D.C., and I think that's just about the funniest nickname for a team ever.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

The Nationals are proving to be a good team, but the name is weak. I wished they had used one of the Negro League names like the ABC's, Monarchs or the Grays! In fact the Homestead Grays actually played in DC!
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Megan! I'm a Braves fan, too. [Big Grin] They're in the middle of an unfortunate loss right now, but I'm loyal.

I'm also an Angels fan now. My boyfriend (from Anaheim) converted me. [Wink]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

quote:
Originally posted by johnsonweed:
In fact the Homestead Grays actually played in DC!

As I've already indicated, I'm an O's fan, but having spent six or so years living in Virginia, I am happy DC finally got a team and even happier that it actually went to DC instead of Northern Virginia. I think most people wanted the team to be called the Senators first despite the bad history, but Texas holds the rights to that name. After that, I think many people wanted them to be the Grays. I have no idea why or how Nationals was selected, but it was a bad choice.

However, no matter how much I try to care about the Nationals, I can't. I'll just stay happy that DC has a team (that's actually winning! DC sports franchises aren't supposed to win! That's sacrilege!).

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
If you think "Nats" is bad, check out the mascot. Some genius decided to name it "Screech".
quote:
Originally posted by Risuena:
However, no matter how much I try to care about the Nationals, I can't. I'll just stay happy that DC has a team (that's actually winning! DC sports franchises aren't supposed to win! That's sacrilege!).

I guess you don't watch much soccer. DC United has won four out of nine MLS championships. The Washington Freedom won the second (and last) WUSA championship.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
How bout them Mets? :-)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

quote:
I guess you don't watch much soccer. DC United has won four out of nine MLS championships. The Washington Freedom won the second (and last) WUSA championship.
Oops, I actually knew that, but you're right I don't watch much soccer. Additionally when I think about professional sports I tend to think about the big four - football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey (although soccer's definitely better than basketball or ice hockey).
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

The Angels and Nationals has turned into a good series.
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, a good day (and I mean a really good day) is when three things happen: The Rangers win, The Red Sox win, and the Yankees lose. I love baseball and there is no greater thrill for me than going to the Ballpark at Arlington (I refuse to call it Ameriquest Field) and watch the Rangers. My dream is to visit every major league park especially Fenway and Wrigley. Go Sox and Rangers!
Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

quote:
Originally posted by Humean316:
For me, a good day (and I mean a really good day) is when three things happen: The Rangers win, The Red Sox win, and the Yankees lose. I love baseball and there is no greater thrill for me than going to the Ballpark at Arlington (I refuse to call it Ameriquest Field) and watch the Rangers. My dream is to visit every major league park especially Fenway and Wrigley. Go Sox and Rangers!

Humean,

I have been trying to collect park experiences as well. On my list so far (obviously I grew up in CA and now live near Chicago.)

Baseball:

Anaheim Stadium
Dodger Stadium
Jack Murphy Stadium
Candlestick Park
Wrigley Field
Comiskey Park (new one)

Football:

L.A. Colliseum
Rose Bowl
Soldier Field

Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

- posted      Profile for Dr. Evil   Email Dr. Evil         Edit/Delete Post 
Red Sox!! Diehard all my life.
Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.