FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vána and Lime Buy a House!

Author Topic: Vána and Lime Buy a House!
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I know we haven't been around much lately, but we have a good excuse - we've been house hunting! And, better yet, we're now in the process of buying one! The price has been agreed on and the contract has been signed - projected closing date is July 15, though we may be able to move it up a little, if the bank is quick with the final loan approval (we had all the pre-approval stuff done before we even started looking, so we think it'll work out).

This is so crazy and scary and fun and scary. So far we've found a washing machine for sure, I'm getting a phone number about a dryer tonight, and I'm arranging to pick up a washing machine (Free, can you imagine? - it didn't fit in their kitchen! I love Freecycle!) this weekend. We still need a refridgerator and a stove (can't remember if we need gas or electric - gotta find that out), but my grandma said that she's thinking about remodeling her kitchen, so we might be able to get her old ones for a good price.

We're so excited about all of this! The first project is going to be putting up a fence. The one that's there isn't in very good shape, and doesn't inclose enough of the yard anyway. So we're going to take it down and put up a nice wooden fence, if we can at all afford it. Then I can get a dog! I'm so thrilled. I really miss having a dog.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you. Thanks for letting me!

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congratulations, that's awesome!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Congratulations!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!! It's so exciting getting to buy your first house. [Smile] I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cool Julie!

It has been very interesting, and encouraging, to have watched you and Dan over the months as things have worked out so well -- he lost that job then found a better one, you bought a new car, and now a new house! Wow! Glad things are going so well with you -- you two are wonderful people and deserve lots of good things.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool beans
[Party]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you can manage to get up here this weekend, I'll buy you all the celebratory beverages you desire. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Total Awesomeness, you guys! Congrats!

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! And, don't worry TOO much...millions of people survive the process over and over. [Big Grin]

Hope your closing goes smoothly!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Yay! Congratulations to you!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Just get those writing hands rested and ready for all that signing.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!! [Smile] This is such a big deal and a great event!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh, congrats!

I knew you were expecting - I just didn't know it was a puppy. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Vana!
[Party]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news! Congratulations!

And some dog is going to be very lucky!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohooo!!!! Housewarming party at Vana and Lime's for Labor Day! {ducking and running}
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I do hope to have a party - just probably not Labor Day. There's a big festival here that weekend that we always have people over for anyway, but I wouldn't want to make my housewarming guests go.

But we will have a big ol' Hatrack party once we're (mostly) settled!

(Also, Bob? That's just about the nicest thing you could have said. I owe you a hug.)

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.