FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Update: 2nd Trimester (Felt the Baby Move!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Update: 2nd Trimester (Felt the Baby Move!)
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
We just came from the hospital. I am having a lot of bleeding and they can't figure out why. Baby A seems to be fine - his heartbeat is strong and there's good fetal movement. The doctor thinks that my body might just be expelling the remains of Baby B, especially since my cervix is completely closed and thick.

Nevertheless, we are extremely nervous and would really appreciate prayers and good wishes. Thank you.

[ July 14, 2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Mrs.M ]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you have them!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Baby and mommy have my good thoughts and wishes. [Smile]

Can't wait to see pictures of the little one a couple of months from now. With your fashion sense, this is going to be one well-dressed tyke. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M...we will keep you and the baby in our prayers. (((M&"A")))
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Mrs. M - I'll keep a good thought for you and the family.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mrs. M & baby A))))
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You got 'em.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for all of you, Mrs.M.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers coming your way. I've actually been thinking about you, so it's good to get an update.

When are you due? (I've forgotten.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers and best wishes are yours for the asking.....and yours even without asking.

Kwea

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Every day I pray for you and your family.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You know you have my prayers. Thinking of you and Andrew and baby.

(((Mrs. M and little one)))

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I too was thinking about you the other day and really hoping all was ok.

All my best wishes are with you and your family - including baby A.

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck!
Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers being said right now. (((Mrs. M and family)))
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
You have my prayers even without asking as well

{{{Mrs.M and BabyA}}

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sent up a prayer as I read down this thread.

((Mrs. M and Baby A))

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Praying so much for A, you, and Andrew.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking of the M family and sending my prayers.
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I think about you, Andrew and baby A almost everyday, Mrs M. I hope everything will be okay.
*hugs*

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you're taking it easy. My mother in law apparently went through two twin losses and delivered the other baby safey. But I will also pray for you.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really much of a praying type, but you've got vibes coming your way.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all - this means so much to me. Sorry to just post and run, but Shabbos was starting just then.

We rented a fetal doppler, so we can hear the baby's heart whenever we want (which is several times a day). It is truly a miracle of modern technology and I'd be beside myself if we didn't have it. The heartbeat is still strong - Baby A is hanging in there.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a Hebrew name I should know for tehillim?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Hang in there, Baby A!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

My Hebrew name is Keren Miriam bat Elisheva and Andrew's is Aharon ben Shimshon.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
You and your family are in my prayers, Mrs. M.

*has always loved the name Miriam*

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs))) *kisses* and ~prayers~.

We think of you and the little one often, and pray daily.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Today is the first day of my 2nd trimester!

The bleeding appears to have stopped, which is great. It's truly a miracle that Baby A has made it this far - what a tough little guy or girl.

I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow and hopefully I'll have another ultrasound. The heartbeat is strong on the doppler.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes. It gives me a lot of comfort.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yay! *relieved* This is great!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((MrsM, Andrew, and baby A)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Fantastic.

[Smile]

An earlier post of mine seems to have disappeared - I was saying it's great you get to hear your baby's heartbeat at home.

What a wonderful machine. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
*whew* I'm definitely relieved; I've been thinking of you often and hoping for a safe pregnancy.

In related news, I've been planning on making a blanket and a hat for each of the Hatrack babies due this fall/winter; do you have any colors you'd especially like? Or alternatively, any you especially hate? [Smile] I lean towards saturated hues rather than pastels, and I try for gender-neutral colors whenever possible, but if you have anything you'd really like, I'll see what I can do. Oh, and I try to always use superwash wools or cotton/acrylic blends for easy laundering [Wink]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
huzzah! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I had bleeding in my first trimester, and Emma is now a very active, very verbal 15 month old whirlwind. [Kiss] I sure hope you have as good a resolution as I did. We're still praying for all of you.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Where is my post? I think hatrack is eating posts. I know I responded to this last night.

Well, you probably can guess what I said anyway. [Wink]

I'm thrilled for you and Andrew and praying baby A continues to grow and thrive.

Is it too early to ask about your color preferences, say in a stroller blanket or play quilt? Nothing that has to match the nursery or anything.

If I link you to a page with a bunch of fabrics on it, would you mind telling me which types of fabrics you like the best?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found that with the new button setup, sometimes I think I am hitting post when in reality I am hitting something else, and my message never gets posted.

I lost a few that way before I figured it out... [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so thrilled to hear that! (((hugs)))
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear things are progressing nicely. Prayers for continued good health and growing!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, y'all. I had an OB appointment yesterday. The baby and I are both fine. I also had my second external ultrasound (they're so much more fun than pelvic ultrasounds). The baby is huge - he or she already weighs 3 ounces (the average weight for 14 weeks is 1.5 ounces). And even the lab tech commented on how long his or her legs are.

I'm a pink or blue person (surprise, surprise). Thanks in advance for the gifts.

I've put up pictures of the ultrasounds, as well as the first pictures of me in maternity wear. I am not showing as much as it seems, I just have a freakishly large chest for my dimunitive height.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kira_marx/album?.dir=cea9&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kira_marx/my_photos

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The baby is all smiles, it seems from the last photo.

Glad you got some good news Kira. We'll keep praying.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think he's doing impressions already.

This one looks like The Scream.

Very talented for a three month fetus. [Smile] [Party]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty, I've already picked out some cream-colored yarn for the blanket, and if you'll let us know as soon as you know the baby's sex, I can get the pink or blue for the hat.

I have three Hatrackers, one other internet friend, and my sister-in-law all expecting babies this fall and winter [Eek!]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You look so cute in your maternity clothes! [Kiss]

I miss my maternity pants. I had two pairs that were so comfy, I never wanted to stop wearing them!

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, glad to hear that you and baby are doing well! I've been thinking of you. Continued good wishes from me and Possible Samuel. <--- We think we're naming him Samuel, but don't want to commit, so for now everyone in our family refers to him as Possible Samuel. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Okay, for a fabric maven like myself - pink or blue is not good enough.

There are umpteen thousand types of fabrics that might be any shade of pink or blue.

So you go to narrow down more than that.

Note: Not trying to match your nursery or anything like that, I'm just aiming to make something that you'll *like* because everybody has different tastes.

So, do you like:

Traditional sweet baby styles?

An old fashioned look?

How about bright and fun?

Or are you a soft floral person?

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful, Mrs. M! Glad it is going so well!

Although.... *tsk tsk*... going to have a little baby and you have white furniture? [Eek!]

Have fun!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I'm 16 weeks and 1 day and doing great. The baby's heartbeat is strong and we can hear him or her kicking on the doppler. I'm down to checking 4 times a day and it's neat to be able to hear the heartbeat higher on my belly as time goes on. We'll be able to find out the sex in about 2 weeks.

We are moving back to Richmond on Wednesday (thank goodness), so I haven't been able to even read much of Hatrack. It'll probably be like that until we get settled in. My mother is coming up to help do the house, which is a huge relief for me.

I am overwhelmed, but not surprised, by everyone's generosity.

Belle, I like this one for a boy: http://www.cherrylanequiltshop.com/catalog/fabric.asp?id=FAB2476 and this one for a girl: http://www.cherrylanequiltshop.com/catalog/fabric.asp?id=FAB2236.

Space Opera, I love the name Samuel. We thought about that for a boy's Hebrew name, but we decided that we have to go with one from Andrew's family, since the boy's English name is after my grandfather.

Farmgirl, it's white on white. [Smile] We also have priceless antiques and artwork that have been handed down through my family for generations (and were so much fun to pack). Our house has the traditional Southern museum living room - no children or dogs allowed. Luckily, we have a family room in the new house and we plan to have a finished basement rec room type setup when we buy a house.

Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
It's wonderful that you're doing so well... I've been mostly away from hatrack for the last couple of months but have been thinking of you. (I'm also expecting and 15 1/2 weeks [Wink]

Thanks for the upbeat update!

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yippee!!!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.