FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NBA's Greatest Games

Author Topic: NBA's Greatest Games
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found a love of NBA TV showing NBA's Greatest Games. I love Basketball. Right now they are showing game 6 of 1998 finals, Bulls Vs Jazz. Sure, I'll get reminded of how Jazz didn't win.... again.... but this was one heck of a game.

::fanboy squeel::

I've also watched 1993 Bulls Vs Pheonix game... I think 3 perhaps. These are some awesome games.

Just figured I'd share. [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wowwww! Karl was ON that night!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
1998 was simultaneously the best and worst sports year I ever witnessed. The Jazz made it to the finals, only to lose to a superman. And the Utes made it to the NCAA championship game, beating defending champ Arizona and tournament favorite North Carolina (not just beating, but demolishing both), and came within ten minutes of winning the whole shebang before running out of gas and losing to Kentucky.

Fantastic basketball in both cases, though.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the Pistons of the late 80's/early 0's as well, with teh LAkers /Pistons finals up there with some of the most amazing basketball I have ever seen.

Isiah Thomas was awsome, and I got to meet him three times in two years..he was very tall, even though he looked short on TV compared to the other players. He played wonderful, selfless basketball, but when needed he could step it up himself and take over a game.

One if the nicest celebrities I have ever met, too.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas impressed me, too, except that he seemed to be really whiny on the court, pretending to be fouled on every other play. No problem, it's a tactic used by lots of athletes, including 113% of professional soccer players.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I didn't see that at all. As a matter of fact the Pistons use to get called for a lot of fouls because of their "Bad Boy" nickname, I thought.

I remember when Thomas sprained his ankle during the Finals with LA, but insisted he stay in despite the bad limp, and scored at will the rest of the game. The Pistons tended to lose when he had a big game though because he usually was the assist leader, and his usual style of play made everyone on the court better.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
It WAS a good game.

I also have to say that it's fairly cute that Nathan cheers on the teams even when he's known the outcome for years. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I remember the "Bad Boys" well. Bill Laimbeer (sp?) used to bug the liver out of me. What a thug. And it made me even madder that he was a pretty good shooter, too.

I blame the Pistons for inflicting Dennis Rodman on the world, too.

ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by UofUlawguy:
including 113% of professional soccer players.

200% of Italian soccer players
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the games I think (that is seldom metioned), is a 1997 Mavericks-Bulls game. The Mavericks finished with a dismal 20-62 record while the Bulls were defending champions. An improbable 104-97 overtime win over Chicago. Trailing 89-74 with 3:44 remaining, Dallas outscored the Bulls 17-2 down the stretch to force overtime.

I think that game left my mouth hanging open for quite a long time. Although it is not anything like some playoff games, it was still pretty amazing.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Game 5 of the finals this year?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
T?!,

Come on now, the best 'o' the hoop-dee-hoop is played on the college boards. The best NBA games pale in comparison.

That being said... I'm a stalwart fan of Iverson's no-holds-barred 76'ers vs. the Lakers a few year back.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
GO Pistons!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.