FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SoCal folks (a little advice on entertaining guests?)

Author Topic: SoCal folks (a little advice on entertaining guests?)
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
Got some family coming to town the end of this week, including a couple octogenarians.

Anyone have any ideas for engaging activities or site-seeing (with minimal walking)?

I'd be much obliged.

cheers,

alluvion

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from NorCal, but I've been to SoCal a time or two...

I thought the La Brea Tar Pits were pretty cool...should be interesting for any age. It'll take some walking, but not as much as an amusement park.
Here's the site:
http://www.tarpits.org/info/hours.html

However, if your octogenarians are up for it, I think most of the theme parks have free wheelchairs availible. If you're with someone in a wheelchair you get to go to the front of the line too! [Smile]

There's all the famous Hollywood sites to see, too. You could do drive-bys of the star walk, the Chinese theater, or the houses in Berverly Hills if you want.

I don't know where exactly you are in SoCal, but there's some awfully pretty coastline which would make a nice drive.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

Jhai,

Thanks for the suggestions. Did the Tar Pits before (cool but smelly!)

Wheelchairs prolly aren't part of the picture (octo-rotundness being the factor more so than real infirmity).

Maybe a fishing trip out of del Ray? At least you can sit, even if you're bobbing up and down, and gramps is a fisherman.

Funny, eveything worth seeing and/or doing in LA actually consists of a great deal of walking. Ironical.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Cabrillo beach aquarium?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

aquariums' on the list.

thanks KQ.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.