FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Marijuana Lollipop hit the stores in the U.S.

Author Topic: Marijuana Lollipop hit the stores in the U.S.
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Did any of you ever tasted (or even seen) this ?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely……..
Wonder if they can somehow classify it as drug parafanillia

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never partaken on THC containing products, but if "they" can ban these, my hemp granola may be next, and I'm not having that.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And the council in an Atlanta suburb has passed a resolution condemning the pot candy.
That comment in the article is so...random. I wonder if it's Cobb County...
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard this on the news yesterday...

and my only thought was: marijuana doesn't taste good! dummy! People don't smoke it for the taste! (at least not back when I was 20-something.)

So the only way they are probably making it palatable is because of all the sugar....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
Why?? Weed tastes awful!!
Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
I would imagine the folks who are upset by this are those who subscribe to symbolic interactionism and social learning as the basis of crime. The fear that if pot flavored candy(nutso idea anyway) will cause children to view pot in a more favorable light and therefore smoke pot later on. ::shrug::

I can't wait for more industries to take this idea and run with it. How about cigarrette flavored car odorizers? Alcohol flavored breath mints?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend bought one of these the other week. Under the wrapper it was bright green and actually tasted a bit like lime. [ROFL]
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Heck, I ate hemp ice cream last week. It's not bad. A little less chocolatey than the soy type I like though...
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have never partaken on THC containing products, but if "they" can ban these, my hemp granola may be next, and I'm not having that.
There's a difference here: hemp granola is not marketed at children. It's not part of a social ethic that teaches them that pot is cool. Candy is a very different story.

Those of you that think that objecting to this candy is silly - do you have the same thoughts about candy cigarettes?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. I loved candy cigarettes as a kid, I ate them and played with them and pretended to smoke them. And I've never had the slightest desire to try a real cigarette in my life. If anything, I think it allowed an outlet to play-act and decide that they weren't such a big deal and I didn't need the real thing, whereas if they had been banned I might have wondered more about what all the fuss was about.

YMMV, of course, but for me, I'd rather see us banning toy guns than candy cigarettes.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People don't smoke it for the taste! (at least not back when I was 20-something.)
Times change. Ever smoked blueberry pot? Gets one stoned while tasting great. I do not smoke a whole lot anymore, but I wish they made good tasting pot with no THC in it. I might have to pick some of these up. Individual tastes vary, but I kind of like the taste of the plant itself as well.

Personally I could care less about candy cigarettes, but if the drug is in a lollipop form it does not lend itself to creating the analogous habit the way they would. Only fun drug I have ever heard of being put in a lollipop is fentanyl. Now if they had candy joints that would be closer. Still, who cares? Pot is not physically addictive.

I might also buy cigarette flavored car odorizers if they made them. I already have opium incense and tobacco spice candles.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

On second though, I might buy a cigarette flavored car odorizer. You could use the smell to ward of people you didn't want to give a ride, those who don't like the smell of smoke anyway.

Then again, that's like saying you could stop showering so that people won't come near you unless they really like you, so perhaps not the most thought-out of plans...

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Did candy cigarettes get banned? Or did they just go away due to public pressure? I know you can't buy them around here anymore.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

I was unaware that they ever went away...I know that when I was a kid, I didn't like candy cigarettes, I thought they were gross. Candy cigars, on the other hand, I was fine with. I hope those aren't gone away too. One day I might have a kid, and since I don't smoke, I will need a fake cigar to celebrate.

--ApostleRadio

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you can buy candy cigarettes from the ice cream truck.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Stiil around, but yeah, haven't seen 'em in the stores for ages. Bubblegum cigars either.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
The worst thing I've ever tasted and "had" to eat was a batch of marijuana brownies. They were the most disgusting thing ever, tasted like dog doo doo, I had to chase it with Vodka just to kill the taste.

Who would want to eat hemp anything for the taste?

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say that I've ever heard of candy cigarettes before. I do, however, remember playing with toy cigarettes when I was a kid. Anyone else remember them? They looked like cigarettes, and when you exhaled through them they'd let out a small cloud of some powder that looked like smoke.

As far as the pot candy goes, I personally have no problem with it. I have to question the judgement of it, I see nothing about it that should be illegal. Then again, I'm leaning towards supporting pot legalization, so I'm somewhat biased.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can't say that I've ever heard of candy cigarettes before. I do, however, remember playing with toy cigarettes when I was a kid. Anyone else remember them? They looked like cigarettes, and when you exhaled through them they'd let out a small cloud of some powder that looked like smoke.

Candy cigarettes do that too.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird.

Now I want to try candy cigarettes.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.