FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Whoa.

Author Topic: Whoa.
AngryFeet
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for AngryFeet   Email AngryFeet         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I was recently replaying the original (And still the best) Monkey Island, and just now finished it. When the end credits were playing, I noticed something I had missed before. Which prompted a "ZOMG THATS THE ENDERS GAME GUY!".
Just so Mr. Card knows, even if he lives hundreds of years, he will never, ever, write anything better than those Swordfighting insults. Ever.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You fight like a dairy farmer!

How appropriate you fight like cow.

quote:
There are no words for how disgusting you are.

Yes there are. You just never learned them.

quote:
My wisest enemies run away at the first sight of me!

Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Monkey Island is a great game [Big Grin] I love all of them but I hope they bring back insult sword fighting in the next one.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also a big fan of LOOM, while almost unknown to most gamers of my generation, I'm sure a bunch of jatrqueros remember it fondly....
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngryFeet
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for AngryFeet   Email AngryFeet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, the insult swordfighting was one of the best parts in both the first and third monkey island. Monkey Combat in the fourth was absolutely terrible. It was a alright game up to that point, although not nearly as good as the earlier games in the series.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Monkey Kombat wasn't great but its was ok. I would rather them go back to the old way it looked and keep the feel then make it look good.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite insults were the rhyming ones from CMI. All of 'em are great games, though.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love all of them but I hope they bring back insult sword fighting in the next one.
"Next one." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was good, tell me another.

"Full Throttle 2." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Full Throttle. It might be the most satisfying single-player game I've ever played.

I lost my Dig disk about 2/3 of the way through. That might have beaten it. But I'll never know now. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I played a Beta version of The Dig that had a game-ruining bug about 2/3 through [Smile] So I never finished it either.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

"I'll hound you night and day!"

"Then be a good dog sit, stay."

If its a good game I hate not finshing it.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Loom!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been here here long and I think this is the third :: counts on fingers:: Yep that's three
thread on this topic.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.