FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Crazy Ragdoll Lady! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Crazy Ragdoll Lady!
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Tetka
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
You can click and drag her around. Try pulling her between two spheres that are touching each other.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so WEIRD.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
kinda freaky
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You can just let go and let her fall too--definetely freaky.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, that is disturbingly fascinating.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
It's kind of...creepy. For some reason it is bothering me that it's a woman.
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
does she ever hit the ground or anything? she just falls forever?

I agree, very creepy.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's horrible. Just horrible.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
She's stuck hanging by her feet.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have nightmares about swinging that woman's corpse about....
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Corpses are stiff...
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
How come it won't let me drag her back UP the screen? the screen doesn't move back up as you move the mouse up.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Corpses are stiff...
Not at first.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I find myself trying to get her to rest on something. Right now she's reclining comfortably on several spheres together. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
It would be less creepy if she had some friggin' clothes on.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

yeah, you're right about that.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Narnia. I was going to ask if anyone else tried to get her to rest in a comfy position. That was my instinct.

Strange stuff.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Eh, my instinct was to throw her really high in the sky and watch her slam into the spheres and spin around. I think we've discovered why you're so frustratingly nice to everyone and why I'm such a heartless bastard, Xav.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[ROFL]
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I would prefer they put more cloths on it also.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Glynn, that made me chuckle [Big Grin] .
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
does it look like she only has one leg. thats weird.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I also worked at it until I could find a place she could rest in what appeared to be a comfortable position, and stay. Then I closed the window.

Maybe this is a psychology experiment.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
i think she broke her neck a couple of times.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my! I played with her a little longer than necessary. I couldn't get over her flexibility. I wish she was a he with a space suit on. I'd feel better about throwing her around.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Hey, I found a plenty comfortable spot for her.
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
She really needs more clothes.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm going to say it- everyone else seems to be hinting. It reminds me of a woman who's been raped and killed.

It's horrible.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird.
She's in her underwears.
I have her laying comfortably on some spheres.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt bad for her falling and banging into stuff. I found a nice bubbly place for her to rest, partially reclining.

This would be more fun to watch if it were something like Teletubbies falling though the sky and not the poor dead nekkid lady.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Thatwas one of the oddest things I've seen. Not the oddest that would be a definate stretch but its up their.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Corpses are stiff...
Not at first.
Or later, for that matter.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
who makes up stuff like this?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I found it fascinating, and spent some time thinking about how the overlap in her arms and legs helped convey her weight.

[Evil]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
What. the. HECK.

That's...so disturbing.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by maui babe:
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Corpses are stiff...
Not at first.
Or later, for that matter.
::nods::

rigor mortis has a relatively narrow window really.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Think it's weird just normally? Try it while listening to Josh Groban. Or Poveratti if you prefer. It's kinda...psycho.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno why everyone thinks it's so disturbing. I think it's cool as hell. I can't stop watching, it's so fascinating....
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't i look away?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
If you pull her arms fast enough, they come loose from the rest of the body. Somebody isn't applying a hard enough constraint, there.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
If you swing her around fast enough, every joint on her body seperates. It's like Stretch Armstrong, only cooler [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
king of men... I do not want to know why you were trying to pull her arms off.

I tried to get her to do contortion, but discovered that she will only bend backwards on her own, and that its nearly impossible to get her to do it on purpose.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.blogdar.com/ugotnegams/tetkacat.swf

A fun twist on the original, with cats!

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I dunno why everyone thinks it's so disturbing. I think it's cool as hell. I can't stop watching, it's so fascinating....
I take it that you have never had women friends who have been raped or abused. I'm not sure why, but to many of us this animation is a haunting reminder of the abuse of woman. It's not that I don't find it amusing. Quite the opposite. I'm disturbed that I am amused and fascinated by pulling and throwing this realistic looking woman around and watching her neck and back break as she falls.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all very well and good to be horrified by this. However, please don't pass judgement on those of us who are not.

Not being upset by a meaningless flash animation does not mean that we are not upset by rape or abuse. To make that connection is silly.

I think it's a fascinating display of the idea of ragdoll physics and the effect of gravity upon them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

As others have said, I wouldn't find it half so unnerving if the boneless dead thing you toss around wasn't a mostly unclothed woman.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh give me a freaking break.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I viewed it as a study in ragdoll physics. My main qualm is that I wish it were a male figure, probably for the exact same reasons the animator chose a female figure (which most likely had nothing to do with misogyny).

Though I have to admit I cringe when she takes a particularly painful looking bump. Reminds me of a video I saw of an unconcious skier plummeting down a very steep mountainside. Ironically, the doctors said the reason the skier survived was probable due to his being unconcious and bouncing around like a ragdoll.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Consider yourself as having received a break. [Wink]

I'm not saying everyone should feel this way, or that anyone should feel bad for being amused by it. I'm just saying that I personally find it disturbing, and heck, I didn't open it again after the first time.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.