FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For Soccer fans: Brazil takes Fifa's Confederations Cup 2005!

Author Topic: For Soccer fans: Brazil takes Fifa's Confederations Cup 2005!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesssssssssssssss!

Brazil 4 X 1 Argentin

We even got to beat our greatest rivals! Wohooo!
Braziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil!
[Party]

Sorry. We go back to your regular Ratrack now. Bye [Wave]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Brazil won a soccer game? Wow, stop the presses!

But seriously, congratulations.

I still have fond memories of the 1994 World Cup, which Brazil won. On the way, they just barely beat the U.S. 1-0, when a shot by Bebeto (?) went right between Alexi Lalas' feet.

Now I want to go watch some soccer.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it was Bebeto. And also yes, it was really a tough game against the U.S. I still remember...it was 4th July, 1994. :-)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, it was July 4th. My dad actually got cable TV, which he had been resisting for years, just for that one game.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hehehe...the Soccer world Cup is such a big deal over here in Brazil...it's like...Superbawl X 10 (because it happends only each 4 years). People even misses school and work when Brazil plays, and there are big parties on the streets.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I know. I miss being in a country where soccer is a big deal. When I was in Guatemala, just before the 1994 World Cup, soccer was huge. In the U.S., I generally don't have anybody to get excited with about soccer except for my own family.

My almost 6 year old son is a mighty fine soccer player. He was the best goalie on his team the past two seasons, by far, and this season he was also the leading scorer. My second son will be starting soccer in the autumn. At the games, I turn into a crazy soccer Dad, jumping up and down and yelling (in a good way -- I wouldn't actually yell at the kids, refs, etc.). I'm sure the other parents are giving me strange looks, but I never notice because I'm too wrapped up in the action.

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hehehe...I can picture the scene. We see scenes like these a lot, over here.
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
Brasil, bah!

I'm looking for Paraguay to come out of CONMEBOL to win the world cup.

OK, maybe it's a bit of a stretch.

Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

lol!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.