FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » O sweet bermuda

Author Topic: O sweet bermuda
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently in Bermuda right now and i am to say it's beautiful. I found it amusing how the hotel i am staying at has a public computer(god im wasting my vacation on something as comsuming as this, o well). Little tips for you when you come to Bermuda.
-The term "vehicle safety" is like saying the word poop to a 4 year old.
-If your in the mood for dinning, i hope you brought lots of money(tho in Bermuda everything is imported, things just seem ridiculous when you come from a country with a dollar store)
-A taxi drive is 46 bux to travel about a twenty minute drive
-In bermuda when you walk somewhere you end up going up hills both ways so bring comfortable shoes
-Be watchful that traffic goes on the different side of the road, very watchful.
-The cars are small, real small. ANd the three ways to get around are Scooter/Mini Cylce, Bus, and Car/(expensive)taxi.
-Be aware of Cruise boats that drop of thousands of people onto shore, so get to places early.

Now don't get me wrong, this place is amazing and i'm glad im staying here. Everywhere has it quarks. Well im done wasting my time on the computer for today, mabye its only my second day here so i might find some more little tips.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going away on vacation later this week. You can be sure NOT to hear from me while I'm gone.

Sheesh!

(But thanks for the travelogue. Bring back some Bermuda shorts.)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Caribbean.

Things are very expensive there mainly because they have to ship EVERYTHING in. It's a nightmare to build anything on the islands.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought this was going to be about Bermuda onions!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too. I never see those anymore, not like when I was a kid and a slice of Bermuda onion was de rigeur for your bagel with cream cheese and lox.

But the Vidalia onions, from Georgia, are awfully good on a sandwich. And easily obtainable, in season.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent a week there when my husband was there wworking. It was neat. Our hotel had a sort of dance club built in a cave. We went when no one was there and swam with cave fish. It was neat.

Moped rentals are cheap. The letter "Z" is "zed". And since the island itself is on similar lattitude with North Carolina, it gets chilly sometimes.

Edit: Lattitude/alttitude is a very inconvenient typo

[ July 05, 2005, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course "Z" is zed. What else would it be? [Dont Know]

Tante, I've even converted my husband to onions and cream cheese on bagels. Yum! Unfortunately, we only get one kind of onion here - Bombay onions. They're small and red and the flavor is sharp. But cream cheese helps to compensate. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Vidalia onions! They're the best!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but who'd want to vacation in Vidalia?

And wear Vidalia shorts?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everywhere has it quarks
Indeed, quarks being fundamental particles and all....

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.