FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello from the other side

Author Topic: Hello from the other side
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I figure since I have de-lurked, I should introduce myself.

By "the other side" I mean the writers' forums. I joined there several months ago, and now I need something more to occupy my time and keep me from writing. So here I am. *waves to other writers' forum folks*

I live on a 4-acre parcel of desert SE of Tucson, Arizona. This is our "practice farm" for when we move someplace a little less harsh. We have dairy goats and a livestock guard dog (pyrenees/anatolian cross). We used to have two flocks of ducks for meat, but a family of badgers moved in and decimated both flocks in a weekend. We are currently testing various ways to barricade our gardens from rabbits, ground squirrels and birds.

Both my husband and I are aspiring writers. We participate in the Liberty Hall "Flash Challenges" every week. Recently, one of my challenge stories was accepted for publication by Shimmer magazine. This is my first fiction sale.

I've been lurking over here for a few weeks now, and I think I've started to get a handle on the various conversations. Heck, I even know what a "dobie" is!

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov and welcome aboard! Have fun. We don't bite (except maybe for Alucard, but you have to make allowances for the vampires).
[Wave]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! Welcome, hope you have fun. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, welcome! Yeah, we don't bite. Much. Only when we get hungry. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Your dog must be beautiful! Do you have any pictures? I've never seen that cross before, but I bet it's a great one.

Oh, and welcome, also. [Wink]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, Phantom (our dog) is quite pretty. Here is a picture from when he was a pup. He was raised on a goat farm with minimal human contact, which is why his fur is a bit matted. I've managed to brush most of that out by now. He has adapted well to our smaller herd with more human contact. He is also significantly larger now.

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, theCrowsWife! [Hat]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey CrowsWife. I go by "Troy" on the writer's forums because "TL" was already taken.

*waves*

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, and I go by TL Lance @ munsil.net (I'm new there).
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I, on the other hand, have no idea what a dobie is. Maybe I should have lurked longer.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

Hi TL. I thought you might be Troy/TL Lance. You probably already figured this out, but my username is MCameron on the other forums.

*waves* Hello Mr. Card. The only reason I know what a dobie is, is because there were a couple of threads about it. There are several other strange things that I'm still in the dark about. Pink gatorade comes to mind as one...

--Mel

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.