FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone heard from Belle since Cindy came ashore?

Author Topic: Anyone heard from Belle since Cindy came ashore?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering about Belle and all our other deep south Hatrackers -- and how they are weathering the Cindy storm.....

Everyone okay?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm, I'm in Lafayette, and I hasn't even rained.

New Orleans got about 5 inches of rain yesterday, and about 250,000 lost power, but I think it's back.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fine. [Smile]

My father serving in Guantanamo is getting ready to weather Dennis.

He said in an email he heard it was the first time in history we've had four named storms by July 5th. I wonder if that's accurate, and what it bodes for the rest of the hurricane season?

The only complaint I have is that the rain is keeping us from finishing our fence out back, which means I still have to take the dogs out on leash instead of just opening the door. *sigh* The things we suffer for our pets. [Wink]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the same thing, thi is the first time in history that there has been 4 named storms this early (per weather channel).
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad that I don't work with FEMA anymore. No more disaster deployments.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian! Can I call you? We're having this party for Robert... renting an inflatable waterslide and everything. I lost your mailing address, and I never seem to get you on the phone (I have a bad record for calling at a bad time, anyway). Plus, I'm a little telephobic. I hate making cold calls, even on friends.

It's probably too late to even ask, but I want your crew to know they are invited, is all.

*wonders if she could possibly sound more lame*

*doesn't think so*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll call you, like right now. Answer the phone.

Can't come this weekend. My mom is having surgery on Thursday, so I need to be here to take care of her.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.