FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Harry Potter Predictions! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Harry Potter Predictions!
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
#1 - The half blood prince is Hagrid.

#2 - Hermoine and Harry fall in love and start to "date".

#3 - Draco Malfoy becomes a Vampire.

#4 - Snape is the Dark Arts teacher.
(book 6 or 7)

Woot!

<T>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hermoine and Harry?
Are you nuts?
No. It's all about Hermoine and Ron. JKR has been hinting at that since book 4! Maybe even three.
I doublt Dumbledore is a half-blood prince... But, he does have an unsual fondness for lemon drops (Sherbert lemons)

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

- posted      Profile for ailurophobic   Email ailurophobic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm rooting for Dean Thomas, myself. xD

I think something's going to happen to Lupin.

Werewolf's weakness = silver = Wormtail's hand

Oh, Synesthesia, I agree with the RonxHermione thing, but the first time I read your post my brain insisted you'd typed 'Dumbledore and Ron'. I was momentarily floored.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
#5 Harry dies somewhere near the beginning of the book and instead the whole thing is about Albus Dumbledore and Sirius Black (who got *OMGSPOILER* reincarnated).
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
no no no
She can't kill off Lupin.
I love him. [Cry]

Dumbledore and Ron [ROFL]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

- posted      Profile for ailurophobic   Email ailurophobic         Edit/Delete Post 
The mirror's supposed to play some big part in it. I'd love to see a fanfic, actually, (or SOMETHING, at least) where Voldy-mote chose to attack Neville instead. Would the sacrifice had been made for him? Would he be able to pull through like Harry had been? =x

Yeah, well, (spoiler!) SIRIUS WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER AND HE GOT KILLED OFF.

*cleans mascara stains out of the pillow*

(Don't you love how I put the spoiler in all caps? Pfft.)

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Voldemort will turn out to be Harry's father. He will reveal this after chopping off Harry's hand in a wand-saber duel.

Hermione will be revealed to be Harry's twin sister.

Ron and Hermione will start dating, of course.

Dumbledore will die and appear to guide Harry in ghost form.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Oh and Lockhart too.

A book about Dumbledore, Black and Lockhart would be like the most amazing thing ever.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

Lupin will reveal that he is really James, and the real Remus was polyjuicing as Harry's father to throw Voldemort off. It will be revealed that Draco is half-veela. Sirius isn't dead, he's just in hiding to throw people off his trail. Dumbledore will jump on the Hufflepuff table and do the hula in a grass skirt.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm already on record for this in the other HP & tHBP discussion thread, but I do think Hagrid is the Half-Blood Prince. That one seems pretty obvious to me. Silverblue's other 3 predictions don't seem very likely to me. I would like to see Snape get the Dark Arts job, but I think it would be more fitting in book 7. He should end the series with that job, and it wouldn't be right to let him have it through two books.

There's also been rumors of character deaths this time out, and of the majors I'd be guessing Dumbledore. Powerful mentor figures tend to die just before the final act to make the situation seem really bad and/or motivate the hero, and we're at 6/7 right now.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I REALLY don't want to lose Dumbledore, him and Hermoine are my favorite characters.

Maybe Ron ends up with Viktor Krum.
He fancied him a lot.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

.. LOL.

Think of the children they could have!

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ginny drops dead and I begin to celebrate.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Hehehehehe!
yeah, he totally was crushing on Viktor.

digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
ew
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

.. yeah, that is pretty gross. XD

Ginny's character surprised me. She and Hermione got girly-giggly all of a sudden.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

But, Ginny's still pretty cool.
I bet she will be on the Quidditch team again.

GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Hagrid is the prince and I think he will die also. Too many people are suspecting Dumbledore, it'd be too obvious.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry won't date hermione, nor will ron, ginny will probably date everyone in harry and ron's room, and I expect a Weasley (most likely Mr.) to die. What I wanna know is how harry gets out of his Aunt and Uncles, this book is supposed to be the least time he's there.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ailurophobic:
The mirror's supposed to play some big part in it. I'd love to see a fanfic, actually, (or SOMETHING, at least) where Voldy-mote chose to attack Neville instead. Would the sacrifice had been made for him? Would he be able to pull through like Harry had been? =x

Yeah, well, (spoiler!) SIRIUS WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER AND HE GOT KILLED OFF.

*cleans mascara stains out of the pillow*

(Don't you love how I put the spoiler in all caps? Pfft.)

Sirius was my favorite character too! He was so much more badass than anyone else is in the series...

Oh and I also bet Dumbledore will die, I agree with Enigmatic about the mentor thing. Plus in case the new movie Dumbledore dies, theyll have an excuse for it this time.

Also, like with the previous 2 releases, I dont remember like anything of books 4 and 5, but Rowling does a pretty good job of refreshing all of thats important.

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

I don't think she's going to kill Dumbledore, just because that's what everyone expects. Or maybe she'll do it because we think she won't do it because everyone thinks she will..

*works herself in circles*

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
#1 Hermonie takes spring break in Panama City and comes back with a tattoo she can't show anyone.

#2 Ron joins the magic army and eventually conquers the world.

#3 Harry is informed that hes a twit, and that the bravest and most important of them all is really Neville Longbottom.

#4 Dudley Dursley is really the Half Blood Prince, and will come into a great magical inheritance upon his 18th birthday.

#5 Snape is discovered to be a great Micheal Jackson fan, and is summarly dismissed from his position.

#6 Micheal Jackson promises to not sleep with little boys any more. Nor will he sleep with them any less, but that's not important now.

#7 Hagrid is attacked and mortally wounded by the most dangerous mythical animal of them all--A pit bull.

#8 Dumbledore finally changes his name to something more powerful--Ima Jerk.

#9 The Malfoy family breaks apart when they appear on a special episode of Jerry Springer.

#10 The Society for the Protection of Magical Creatures gets eaten by a ravenous pack of jillywigs.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Need help remembering the plot of past books?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

Could someone remind me quickly how Sirius died? I remember he fell through something, I don't remember what and I don't have the book right now. Haven't read it since it first came out.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my friends figured the Half Blood Prince would in fact be Neville Longbottom.

Ron and Hermione have been pushed towards each other from the beginning, and if you couldn't see how jealous she got when he was pursuing the Veela, there's still other proof.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Sirius fell through that doorway in the Ministry of Secrets didn't he? I haven't read it since last year. But they were having a fight with Voldemort and the Death Eaters, and during the fight, he fell through the doorway that led to nothingness.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

What exactly was the doorway?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Sirius was deuling with Bella Lestrange (the crazy woman who tortured the Longbottoms) when he got hit with a jet of light from a curse and fell through the veil in the Death Chamber at the Department of Mysteries.

The doorway has something to do with Death (I mean, obviously, as Dumbledore called it the Death Chamber), but other than that I think it's largely a mystery.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
um, say a HP n00b was interested in seeing what all the hub-bub was about and asked. *nicely* even, what the order of all the books was and such.... she wouldn't be taken out behind the woodshed and drawn and quartered would she?

*be gentle* I know I am probably the only person here that hasn't read HP, but I am willing to change...lol.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

No prob...the Lexicon website I linked to could help, but unless you have no desire to read the books I'd watch out for spoilers. The order goes, Harry Potter and the:

Sorcerer's/Philosophers Stone (depending on which side of the pond you live on)
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince

ailurophobic
Member # 8343

Neville can't be the HBP. He's a pureblood. oo;

Like I said, I (seriously) think it's either Dean Thomas or, uh. That dude that was in the chapter previews Rowling posted on her site.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarcasticmuppet:
. . . fell through the veil in the Death Chamber at the Department of Mysteries.

The doorway has something to do with Death (I mean, obviously, as Dumbledore called it the Death Chamber), but other than that I think it's largely a mystery.

[Confused] Well, except that "beyond the veil" is a long-time metaphor for being in the World Beyond. Rowlings has a tendency to take metaphors and make them literal. It's one of my favorite things about her writing.

[oops. spelling!]

[ July 10, 2005, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

::mutters something about edits::

[ July 11, 2005, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
If Harry doesn't die, he ends up with the Defense Against the Dark Arts job, and Snape never gets it.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
harry will have it the year after snape has it (effectively "book 8"), but he'll have it 2 years, then he will become headmaster.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

And have 12 kinds and become the minister of Magic.
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
#1 Hermonie takes spring break in Panama City and comes back with a tattoo she can't show anyone.

Ha!! That would be funny.

I think Draco is the Half-blood prince, Ron and Hermione will get together, and of course, Harry will live through all the books. Why? Because in the prophecy JK phrased it "and EITHER will die" and either means one or the other but not both. That is assuming that Voldermort kicks it too. So there you go.

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Cho gets eaten by the giant squid

2. Draco refroms and joins the trio, enjoying viscious sarcastic banter with one Ron Weasley

3. Harry and Draco snog

4. Ginny The Slut molests all the Hogwarts boys and moves onto the male staff

Wait, for real, these are my predictions. The others are just dreams. *sigh*

1. The HBP is a new character

2. Dumbledore bites the dust

3. Neville confronts Bellatrix

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well if Neville can't be the half blood prince then Draco can't be either. Malfoys are full blooded.

What if it's Harry? The Potter side of the family was pure blood right, but wasn't his mother's side all muggle?

ailurophobic
Member # 8343

Rowling's already said that it's not Harry or Draco. Or Voldemort, for that matter.
Carrie
Member # 394

Hmm. I think I like Seamus' chances better than Dean's, but my vote for the HBP himself is Trevor the toad.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

I like Seamus. Bad-tempered little Irishmen always make me giggle. x3

DOBBY FOR HBP!

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Dean can't be the HBP. Isn't he muggle born? Or he'd like soccer less and quidditch more.

Your guess as to which ones are serious, cuz I'm not entirely sure myself. It's late and I'm all wired...

IIIIIIIII preDICT!

...that Ron, Hermione, and Viktor will have a threesome implied in some sort of kid-friendly manner.

...Trelawney will play a fairly major role.

...Now that Harry is a pain in the -ss, Neville will become the new Noble Hero, but will be twisted by his fear, pain, and anger and will join Voldemort's side, lured by the promise of how to make Hermione fall in love with him.

...Lupin will die. So will Dumbledore. And Ron, and Hermione, and all the Weasely children except for Ginny and Percy, because obviously JK Rowling has planned to kill off everyone likeable/cool since book 4.

...There will be another "Uranus" joke.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Crookshanks will be the HBP. He's smart, plus he's got a lot more soul than any of your toads or house elves. *puts up dukes* I'll take you all on!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanna:
1. Cho gets eaten by the giant squid

[ROFL]

My vote for the HBP is Neville.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Princess Leah:
Dean can't be the HBP. Isn't he muggle born? Or he'd like soccer less and quidditch more.

According to JKR, Dean's dad was a wizard who left the family without telling anyone about himself to protect them from Moldie-shorts. Apparently he (Mr. Thomas) had been approached by minions, said no, and his family was in danger.

Who knew?

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Just skipped a bunch of posts, but I don't think Dumbledore will die until at least book 7. When they were casting the first movie, most of the actors signed for the first three movies (at the time, obviously they've since signed for more). Richard Harris was the only actor whom they made sign for all seven movies. Kind of ironic, but I don't think they would have made him sign for 7 movies unless they expected to need him for 7 movies. I know people will say it was a bluff or whatever, but then why wouldn't they have done that for any of the other (adult) actors?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
>>Ginny's character surprised me. She and Hermione got girly-giggly all of a sudden.

??? What books have you been reading? Ginny rocks.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That dude that was in the chapter previews Rowling posted on her site.
Chapter previews? What chapter previews? Are they still up, because I haven't seen them. (As a side note, do you think she'll switch the dark mark symbols to represent spoilers from book 6, instead of book 5?)
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
What would Hagrid be half prince of, the giants? His father was a muggle wasn't he? hmmm it's been a while since I read book 4.

1. Someone mentioned Ron going bad a while back... I wonder if that was a good possibility.

2. Harry quickly gets kicked out of the Dudley's house because he was trying to save them all from a death eater or mentor. He then goes and joins Dumbledore and the house of the Pheonix people.

3. Harry breaks another broomstick...

4. Someone dies while playing Quiditch..

5. The half-blooded Prince is a new character

6. Neville saves Harry's life.

7. Malfoy turns good after Hermione saves his life...it could happen..

8. Don't think Dumbledore will die..

9. Hagrid trains a dragon to be Harry's horse to ride and kick some buns! Mwa ha ha ha!

10. All the giants fight against the death eaters... and if not all, some..

11. Something about Doby....

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.