FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be? (Page 13)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be?
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good thing I'm not a boy. I would be totally in love with all my girlfriends and would have a very hard time picking.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've finally understood why this thread is so popular - it has it all:

-Vulnerable Attractive People who downplay their attractiveness. Guys and girls alike flock to them like flies to a cowpie.

-Attractive People Who Know They're Attractive And Flaunt it Using Photographic Evidence. Desperate people flock to Hawt .jpgs like Utah Mormons to Jello.

-Women professing their love for each other. There are many of the male persuasion who will find this irresistably hawt.

-Hatrack Drama. Yelling! Fights! People being accused of doing things wrong! People accused of being Bad People! Bad People Being Bad People! Good People Being Bad People! Bad People being Good People! Good People Being Good People!

This thread is totally a movie I'd watch and love and then look horrified and vehemently deny any association if anyone ever asked if I saw it.

Kinda like Orgazmo.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Except now that you posted that, we all know that you watched the whole thing. [Wink]

quote:
Women professing their love for each other.
Knowing that your girlfriends are superior human beings is just frank. Nothin' hawt about it.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Except now that you posted that, we all know that you watched the whole thing.
Yeah, and I admitted this probably because it's nearly 2am EST, which is far beyond the time Dave's Restraint Circuits have turned off.

If anyone ever has the need to interogate me, all they need to do is ask questions after 2am. No truth serum needed.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
If anyone ever has the need to interogate me, all they need to do is ask questions after 2am. No truth serum needed.
If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker, who would it be?
Kiwi
Member # 7982

- posted      Profile for Kiwi   Email Kiwi         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] This thread amuses me.

Corwin! [Wave] Long time no see. Although that's probably more due to the fact that I haven't been around, heh. "Date-date", eh. [Razz] Alas! but I must decline, I don't think my boyfriend would approve. [Wink]

People I would go on a platonic "date" with cos I think they'd be cool to hang out with:
Corwin of course, funny, sweet and intelligent and besides, he lives "somewhere over the rainbow", so that'd be pretty cool to visit.
Goat for reasons I cannot disclose. Kidding, kidding, it's cos he makes me laugh. Really. [Evil]
Narr cos he's nowhere near as mean as he claims. Also he said he'd be my slave for peanuts.
AJ cos... she's AJ... [Big Grin]
imogen! and again I don't need a reason. Also I'd get to meet scythrop. Bonus!

People I have been on a platonic "date" with and they were fun to hang out with:
twinky. Y'all should try it. [Wink]

People I am supposed going on a platonic "date" with in the near-ish future:
Fugu! Something to do with beer, and not single... scotch... malt... something.

-- tt&t

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In no particular order, this is a small list of members of opposing gender that I think would be nice to at least hang out with.
- Da_Goat

Wow, my and Kylie's joke has lasted quite a while. *amused*

And speaking of Kylie look who posts at the same time.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for you to act on that duct taping. [Razz]

Unfortunately I don't have time to really go anywhere too far. I have to conserve my leave a bit this year. My sis gets married this year. Add the time to go home for that with my maybe 20 day transfer leave and I won't have that much saved up in the books if something bad should happen. And with my schedule as mucked up as it is right now, it makes it hard to do a few necessities.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Theaca:
*shrug*

Alt, look at the very first post on page one. It is about dating hatrackers based on what you already know about them on hatrack, not what they look like. Then you come in here, show a picture of yourself looking gorgeous (and sounding like you know it!) hint that not enough people have mentioned you by name, and then you want pictures of other people who express an interest. LOOK at the first post. Then look at your response.

It looks really, really shallow. It's changed the flavor of the whole thread, too. Before I could tolerate it pretty easily. Now I actively dislike it.

But then I'm one of the fragile ego people so it's my fault for continuing to read it. (I'm not being sarcastic.) You haven't done anything wrong, but your percieved attitude towards this topic is something that will annoy or even upset some people.

I think I'd rather remove the link then. But now that you've explained it and I have provided proper penance for my stupidity, [Wall Bash] , I can see why Primal Curve was annoyed at what I did, although I still disapprove of the way he expressed himself.
Anyhoot, here is my list:

-Teperion the Silver

-mr_portaito_head

-Jim_Me

and various others I can't remember the name of...I'd think of Primal Curve because I like his fiery attitude but I can't stand how conceited he is.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

quote:
-Teperion the Silver

-mr_portaito_head

You could try spelling their names correctly. [Razz]
Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

quote:
Originally posted by Rappin' Ronnie Reagan:
quote:
In no particular order, this is a small list of members of opposing gender that I think would be nice to at least hang out with.
- Da_Goat

Wow, my and Kylie's joke has lasted quite a while. *amused*
[ROFL]

*also amused*

Poor old Goat eh.

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi:
Corwin! [Wave] Long time no see. Although that's probably more due to the fact that I haven't been around, heh. "Date-date", eh. [Razz] Alas! but I must decline, I don't think my boyfriend would approve. [Wink]
-- tt&t

Aww, a first rejection! I'm crushed... cccccrushed, I tell ya! [Wink] You know, a girl having a boyfriend has never stopped me... on Hatrack. [Big Grin] In real life that's one of the (personal) rules I never broke: if she's either in love with someone or already in a relationship then she's off limits, no matter how much I like her. Ok, ok, getting waaay too serious for this thread! [Smile]

Oh, and hi, tt&t! [Wave]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker, who would it be?
You know, when I read that post (and thread title) so late last night, the one thing that came to mind was...

That the emphasis on ANY reminded me too much of "It doesn't DO anything. That's the beauty of it!"

I don't see it too much now that it's morning and I've had sleep, but last night, the resemblance was hilarious.

[ July 16, 2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Annie
Member # 295

Some truth serum that was. [Grumble]

[Wink]

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
What's all this about personal rules? A boyfriend is merely an obstacle.

*cough*

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

People I have been on a platonic "date" with and they were fun to hang out with:

^^^ What she said.

Edit: *wave* Hi there, twinky! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
That post wasn't there two seconds ago. [Eek!]

[Blushing]

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Some truth serum that was. [Grumble]
I should've added an addendum that my undiagnosed ADD also runs a bit more rampant after hours as well. This, in addition to the Davidic Veracity, makes me mark the Wee Hours Of The Morning as "Stupid Hours", and I attempt to guard them as a vampire does the sunlight.

That being said...

I'm weird when it comes to 'dating'. Because, frankly, I don't like the idea.

I have a personal philosophy concerning dating that many have called be bat-crap crazy for, yet others have told me they see a logic in it.

Either way - I don't actively look for dates. I look for friends. My idea is that I'd rather have a few really good friends that stay friends than a lot of dates with people I don't care about, and will probably never think about again.

I like to build a foundation of friendship, and then if it Goes Any Where, then it does, and that's awesome. But if it doesn't, then you still have some pretty great friends.

I've made some wonderful platonic female friends through the 'Rack. I'm one of the guys who doesn't assume that just because a girl is nice to him that She Loves Him And Wants To Marry Him And Have A Bazillion Of His Babies.

Jamie (Mackillian), Katie (katharina), Olivia (olivetta), Janelle (Virmoli), Lindsay (Ophelia), Kama (Kama), Ami (Amka), Steph (Steph), Judy and Sarah (Ela and JaneX), and Abby (Lucky4) are a few awesome Jatraqueras that I've met in person, and have since been able to spend some time getting to know a little better. At least six of those are either married or engaged, and I love the fact that I have some good married friends. Makes me feel...older, I guess.

There are many more I'd like to get to know better. I've heard Banna's praises sung far and wide. Annie seems to be one of the coolest, most prolifically culturally educated people I've come across. Rivka simply rocks. Xnera. Anne Kate. Dkw. Etc, etc, the list goes on and on.

Hatrack is filled with such extraordinary women, there are very few I wouldn't like to meet and befriend.

The guys kinda rock too. And there are plenty other women I'd specifically add to the list, but I'm late for something, so I need to stop typing now.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, I just read that IE comment of yours and it made me [ROFL]

Also, the French are very good fencers and have a very good foil tip design.

[Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
hƩhƩhƩ ! Remember Lambert Wilson in Matrix II...

I have posted around 6 time the same post because of IE !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I was just messin' with sleep-deprived Taalcon, I wasn't being serious.

But there you go being Mr. Affable in spite of it all. Honestly, what are we going to do with you?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can count the number of people I dated on one hand too.
I can count the number of people I dated on zero hands. I mean, for crying out loud, not a single Brotherorsister of mine hadn't a boyfriend or girlfriend (with hetrosexual respectivenesss) by the age of 15; and two of them went to boy-only or girl-only schools.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

I was in my first (and only so far) relationship when I was 22. First kiss too, first time I slept with someone, etc. So what?! Is there a race I didn't know about? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

If it was a race i could be a big loser.
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, I guess I still have seven years. No race, but people might think of it as unusual. Although, I've had many "Platonic dates" (as far as I'm concerned, the term "date" refers only to aplatonism) by now - so I guess that the Foundation was laid.

Now, I've got to work on a proper, honest
Second Foundation. I'm in Foundation and Empire (ironic, because that's the book I'm currently reading).

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Howard:
Hm, I guess I still have seven years. No race, but people might think of it as unusual. Although, I've had many "Platonic dates" (as far as I'm concerned, the term "date" refers only to aplatonism) by now - so I guess that the Foundation was laid.

Now, I've got to work on a proper, honest
Second Foundation. I'm in Foundation and Empire (ironic, because that's the book I'm currently reading).

Oh, man, that was really good! (the "Foundation" stuff, I mean) [ROFL]
Thanks, JH, I can go to sleep smiling. [Smile] G'night people! And good luck JH with... umm.. laying foundations. [Wink]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have a boyfriend until I was seventeen.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
quote:

^^^ What she said.

*laugh*

[Wave] ElJay.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]

Well, You were right, after all.

[Wave]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Just for fun, I think the title of this thread should be updated every day so a different word is emphasised.

Lie tomorrow could be, "IF you wanted to date any Hatracker, who would it be?"

Followed by, "If YOU wanted to date any Hatracker, who would it be?"

etc, etc.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
Heck, I would marry Narnia.

Were I a boy.

Or a Canadian. [Wink]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Call me Salvor Hardin.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
-Teperion the Silver

-mr_portaito_head

You could try spelling their names correctly. [Razz]
Sorry, my nails kill me when I type and I overlooked the error, but I'm sure they knew I was talking about them.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
my nails kill me when I type
Why, oh why don't we have a violin-playing graemlin? The bathos of it all!
[Cry]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I should get back to my violin. I miss it so. [Cry]
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan Howard

its not to late for you, your still young. you still have time to find someone.

unlike the nitwit sitting at this computer writeing this post who's 29 and never been on a date or even kissed a girl. theres been times when he thinks that he will spend the rest of his days adrift.

[Angst]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

So that's why your pseudo is "kidd"?

I guess I have some time... Asimovically speaking, though, I still have to face the Empire. And it's only the Second Foundation that makes it through - meaning not my Foundation.

But that's a political fiction series. Not romance on Earth.

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Chris? You know, half the problem might be that you live in CA. If your profile is correct, that is. (Bob Scopatz's still says he's in Texas. [Roll Eyes] )

JH, you are a little young to worried about dating yet. Seriously.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

When should I start worrying then?
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Some time after college. If you have a job and your own place to live and can't get a date, then worry. Until then, be yourself, educate yourself, learn to make your way in the world independently, gather a circle of friends, whether it be through your church (or synagogue, or whatever,) or a fraternity, (though I wouldn't recommend that,) or just through hanging out with friends in a dorm at college, and then let the rest take care of itself.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hmm, I never "worried". It just happened at some point. I wasn't really concerned that I'm "late" at anything though. But hey, that's just weird-lil'-me! [Wink]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Corwin, you've got half the female population of Hatrack after you!
Corwin
Member # 5705

Nope, that's Choobak. Unless there's something nobody tells me... o_O
Choobak
Member # 7083

The french touch is gone here... [Wink]

It's strange the difference between the real world and the virtual world, isn't it ?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

See, I haven't slept last night, and barely the night before. It's the "c" that caught my eye.

I feel so stupid! [Wall Bash]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Stop banging your head against the wall, and go to sleep! Sheesh!
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
JH, you're an intelligent teenager, so if you don't date much/at all in high school that's actually fairly normal. I assume you'll be going on to college, and I'd expect your love life to pick up then. Mine did, most of my geeky friends' did too.

Why is college so great for dating?
1) Social groups are starting over. Most people go to college in a different city, state, sometimes country than where they grew up. You might have 1 or 2 HS friends go to the same college as you, but for the most part every college freshman is looking for new friends and relationships.
2) You get to reinvent yourself. Your highschool reputation, for good or ill, will not follow you to college. I'm not saying pretend to be something you're not, just that you can finally put behind any embarrassing things that happened years ago and everyone in your highschool knew about.
3) In college you'll be with people who already share some of your interests. Whatever you major in, you'll be in classes with men and women who are also interested in that. Much easier to start a friendship or dating when you know you've got at least one big thing in common. Take some electives you like too, so you meet people outside of your degree program.
4) "There's a time and a place for everything. It's called college." Most college students are living away from home for the first time and are going to want to enjoy that freedom. That includes dating you, make sure someone enjoys that.

I didn't date or kiss a girl in highschool, either. I assure you that I did in college, though. Now, if you manage to make it through 4 years of college without getting a date, that's when you might want to start wondering if you're doing something wrong. Or go to gradschool for another chance at it!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1) Social groups are starting over. Most people go to college in a different city, state, sometimes country than where they grew up. You might have 1 or 2 HS friends go to the same college as you, but for the most part every college freshman is looking for new friends and relationships.
Though I think you make many excellent points, Enigmatic, this one doesn't apply, really... Jonny lives in Israel, where there are FAR less universities than there are in the US. Basically, you finish high school, go serve in the army (which is mandatory), then go to university with the same people. Yes, you will meet new people, make new friends, and lose touch with some of your school buddies, but definitely not with everyone. There's about three or four decent universities that I can think of in all of Israel.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
The french touch is gone here... [Wink]
Oh, it doesn't have to be French. Any variety of European is equally alluring.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Raia's right; you don't have the vast system of "colleges" that the US has (I assume that colleges in the US work like in Oxford University?), so even though it's an opportunity - everyone knows everyone. That's at least how it works in Jerusalem.

Of course, I could get out of advanced studies in Israel and go someplace like, say, Australia or England, where there's a wider variety. Hey, maybe I can teach Hebrew some day in Oxford University...

As for Annie's statement:

Umm... The fact that my father's family, the "Howard" family, is aristocratic, originating in good old Norfolk - does that credit me? [Razz]

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.