FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be?
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante - you're definitely worth it, but I simply don't want to miss one of my rare opportunities to date non-Jews. After all, I live in a nation made out of Jews, so I'd rather not miss a chance for something quite different.

So that cancels Raia out too, not that I have anything against her. We've been out a few times.

And no, it's not Tom Davidson. If anything, we'd start a poetry-club.

I'll give you one hint, though - the name was mentioned on this thread in the past, though you wouldn't guess easily. Oh, and it's a woman - just so you don't start the whole me-with-men thing. I just don't date men, even if I'm ideologically in favour of the concept - it simply changes the dynamics too much for me...

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"This is like the Hatrack version of passing notes in class about the cute new kid or the hot substitute teacher or something, innit it?"

Yes, and, as silly and pathetic as it is, it still makes me feel bad that no one wants to pretend date me.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess you were right, then.
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
The current generation of hatrackers doesn't know me enough to know how much I hate these threads, for just this reason.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I, however, said to myself on page 1, "Good thing Ic isn't around. He'd hate this thread."
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I'm convinced, IanO.

Hey now, Ic, as soon as saw this thread I immediately thought of you and wondered when you'd post in it. I mean, I much as I agree with you about these threads it is one of the few sure ways to wring a post out of you [Wink]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit, rivka! I'm doing the sucking up here. Shove off!
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lizzy, the reason it's not you is because I associate your secret "Elizabeth" identity with a Monarchy whose existence I oppose. Also, I barely know you. I can set you up with one of my friends, though...

Sie lieben Dich - ja, ja, ja!
Sie lieben Dich - ja, ja, ja!
Sie lieben Dich - ja, ja, ja, jaaaa!

(Translation:
She loves you - yeah, yeah, yeah!
She loves you - yeah, yeah, yeah!
She loves you - yeah, yeah, yeah, yeeeeah!)

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No one has mentioned El Jay... What's up with that people?
Maybe people are actually following the intent and basing their "dates" purely on personality? I mean, she's kind of a brat, really.

--Enigmatic
*poke!*

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I tried to stay away . . . I just couldn't stop myself. [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have mentioned others, but I didn't for a number of reasons. I wouldn't want to be misunderstood again, for one, and also I am not a huge fan of popularity contests, and that is what this seems to be turning into, at least a little.

To be honest, there are very few people I wouldn't want to meet from here, and most of those I wouldn't mind meeting them, as long as there were some ground rules. [Big Grin]

I have been fortunate enough to meet some really cool people who post on Hatrack, and I am glad I have met each of them.

And that includes you, Liz, despite the pun threads. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*shoves BtL*

<taunt smilie omitted here>

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
There are two I "wouldn't mind" dating. ElJay is the minor one of 'em two, great person and all, but there's still the Major one of 'em I shouldn't tell you about yet. Oops! I just did.
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
To be honest, there are very few people I wouldn't want to meet from here, and most of those I wouldn't mind meeting them, as long as there were some ground rules.
huh? ::head asplode::

Sounds like:

quote:
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(by Icarus) I would totally date you, Tante.
Aww, shucks! [Blushing]

quote:
(by Jonathan) Tante - you're definitely worth it
Garsh! [Blushing]

quote:
(by Icarus, again) I tried to stay away . . . I just couldn't stop myself.
Because you had to declare your affection for ME?!! Golly! [Blushing] [Blushing]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Ground rules like, "Pay me 40 dollars?"

Because if I could establish ground rules like that I'd go to more gatherings.

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Horcha her, mier choveira!

Eir <called> Die die "tante", nisht die "schvester". Farschteisten mier, frand?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
There are two I "wouldn't mind" dating. ElJay is the minor one of 'em two, great person and all, but there's still the Major one of 'em I shouldn't tell you about yet. Oops! I just did.
There's a hint in here, try and crack it. Look carefully.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Howard:

Die die "tante"...die "schvester"

Is that some kind of threat? Be nice!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone who said me: [Blushing] [Blushing]

[Kiss]

You know, I am actually available... [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Yes, this whole thread needs to become a lot less hypothetical! Next con will have dating games. Spin the Bottle! Love Connection!

--Enigmatic
(posting here an awful lot without actually answering the question himself)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd date Raia... and I'm not just saying that to get a kiss on the cheek.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

No, it wasn't.

And Raia, what happened to your last one from Kentucky? Dumped, AGAIN?

You've got to compromise on someone.

Wait, I said your alias, does that technically mean I earn a double-smile, even if you were discarded?

MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
there's still the Major one of 'em
Oh, you're wily.
Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

[CONNOLLY] I'm a WILLY? [/CONNOLLY]
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
And Raia, what happened to your last one from Kentucky? Dumped, AGAIN?

You've got to compromise on someone.

Wait, I said your alias, does that technically mean I earn a double-smile, even if you were discarded?

Jonathan dear, what on earth are you talking about?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by MattB:
Oh, you're wily.

Have you even seen a picture of Jon?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
why you oppose the Monarchy? Sure it inbreeds sometimes but so what? They generate alot of tourism and its not like the have any say any more since the BNA act.

Am I too new to make it even in the top 10 of ANY list? or am I doing something wrong? Should I change my personality or something, like am I too dark or perky or somethin?

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatic:
Maybe people are actually following the intent and basing their "dates" purely on personality? I mean, she's kind of a brat, really.

Only kinda?

*disappointed

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Yes. There just isn't enough of you to be very much of a brat. You are quite small.

--Enigmatic

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Yes.

WARNING! IMPLIED NUDITY.

But wasn't I adorable in the days of what I call my religious zeal?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Why do I oppose the Monarchy? Because I hate constitutional dictatorships, and fail to believe the monarch is of any use - except for reading "Harry Potter" to 6-year olds in New Zealand.

The tourism doesn't cover the commonwealth taxes. And I'm an Aussie citizen!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I wrote:
"Yes, and, as silly and pathetic as it is, it still makes me feel bad that no one wants to pretend date me."

Ian wrote: "Well, I guess you were right, then."

I was not implying that the thread is silly and pathetic, but that it is silly and pathetic that I still feel like the last person picked for the dance. So, let me insult myself, OK? I don;t need anyone's help.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan: I think I know who you're hinting at. But someone else might kill you in a fit of jealousy, I think.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
He's away from the Internet for two years. The field's wide open.

*laugh* But I'm rather astonished to hear it's not Raia; Jon's been flirting with her since his first day on the site. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because ElJay is intimidating.

..I mean, really! Who wants to go out with someone who is more perfect than you in everyway?

Heck, she could probably even beat most of these guys in an arm wrestle!

[Wink]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Farmgirl. . . [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
But I'm rather astonished to hear it's not Raia; Jon's been flirting with her since his first day on the site.
You've been reading too much jebus.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

*Off to sleep at 4:30 AM local time.*

Raia kept on giggling at my sarcastic comments, of course you thoght I was flirting, but she was asking for it!

Raia
Member # 4700

I was not!

And you still haven't answered my question... I don't have a mysterious guy in Kentucky, at least, not one that I know about...

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I *knew* this was turning into a popularity thread, I couldn't resist checking just in case.

Should stayed away. [Smile]

Anyhow, I'd date Scythrop. Yup, one of those boring marrieds.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Heck, she could probably even beat most of these guys in an arm wrestle!

Only left-handed! That doesn't count.

--Enigmatic

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay tell ye what, Ezzie I'll date you if no one else is willing. [Smile] I'm also one of the ones whose never asked to go anywhere.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, if I swung that way, I'd TOTALLY date you! [Smile]

And, I'm THRILLED that Olivetta put me on her list! *happy dance*

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Okay tell ye what, Ezzie I'll date you if no one else is willing.
For future reference, Sid, this is not a good way to ask a girl out on a date.

--Enigmatic
(not like I'm one to talk)

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I would date Jay. That way I can find out where he lives. Then I'll make sure to put my testing range for nuclear bombs just upwind.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Megan, the "swing" is not stopping Ela and me. Join us! We will send The Kidnapping Victim(Ela's husband) to my husband's restaurant while we have our date.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It will have to be after Punwit and I hit the Moan and Dove, though. (ale house)
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by imogen:
Anyhow, I'd date Scythrop. Yup, one of those boring marrieds.

Then y'all need to come up with more interesting dates. [Wink]
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Though the last thing in the world that I would want right now is a date, here are a few that I would consider:

Raventh, because he's one of the nicest and coolest people...ever. [Smile]

Feyd Baron, because we both like dogs. (this could go for AJ as well) [Big Grin]

Fugu13, because we were roomies for a week and we got along. [Razz]

Also, Chaeron's a hottie. [Evil]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.