FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 40)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures of little Maggie, taken last Friday night:

Regular u/s face shot
4D face shot
A big yawn
A BIG little foot (she's gonna be born with huge feet like Bridget, apparently.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to take my phenergan last night and spent this morning (and much of the afternoon) gagging, throwing up, and suffering from low blood sugar and dehydration.

I guess I really need to keep taking it. *sigh* You'd think it would be at least lessening, at close to 23 weeks, but nooooo...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Been gone for the holidays and now I'm back, so, to catch up:

ludosti: CONGRATULATIONS! [Smile]

ketchupqueen: Congrats on finding out you're having a girl. I didn't think of the 4-D option if the baby had its legs crossed. I've got my u/s in less than an hour and we'll see what happens.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

P.S. It's a GIRL!!!! [Smile]

Name tba

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! She'll love that name. [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Congratulations, Christine. And kq, congrats on outsmarting your little daughter! [Smile] Is her name really going to be Maggie? (I have always loved that name. Also Molly.)

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, her name is really Maggie. Of course, it will officially be Margaret, but we will call her Maggie. (It came to me in a dream before we started TTC. I'm not kidding. My husband had vetoed Margaret in the past, so I hadn't even had it on the official name list-- we have, like, our next 3 girls' and 3 boys' names already pretty much picked out. But I had the dream and was able to convince him that he really did like Maggie, same as I convinced him on Niamh for Bridey's middle name.) Right now the middle name is tentatively Faith, but we may change our minds on that, there are several other middle names on the radar.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the little girls kq and Christine! [Big Grin]

Yay for no more nausea! Now to just remember to eat. [Razz] It was pretty depressing to be throwing up in the hospital (and even in the OR as they were prepping me for my c-section) even though they were pumping me full of anti-nausea meds.

I am totally in awe of all you mothers. This is really hard work!! Jessica is such a good baby, but it's still hard. I can't imagine how single mothers ever do this! I've survived the first week home though - it doesn't seem like it's been that long.
more Jessica pictures

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
She's gorgeous! [Smile]

1) Yes, it is. But it does get easier, as you develop routines and adjust to each other. Getting more sleep (which probably won't happen for a while) helps a lot too.

2) You JUST HAD MAJOR SURGERY! Give yourself a break! [Smile]

3) Yay for one week. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*points at rivka's post* What she said. [Smile]
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
We're having another boy!

It's funny. I was getting more and more convinced over time that this one was a girl because the pregnancy had been at least a little different from last time. My mom and sister were also convinced he was a girl.

Then, two nights before the ultrasound, I dreamed I went and found out it was a boy and was very surprised. I woke up that morning and readjusted my expectations to be ready for anything.

If I hadn't had the dream, it might have been prophetic. It's like the oracle in The Matrix or something. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Brinestone (& JB) [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Congrats, Brinestone!

I had no feelings either way about this one, and my husband was starting to really think it was a boy because it was such a different pregnancy-- until the morning before we had the ultrasound where we found out (not the one where we didn't!)

I was looking at one of the girls' little hair things sets, and noticing that the stretchy headband was small enough it could fit a newborn. I was thinking, "How cute, the new baby can wear this one, and the girls can have the matching ponytail holders in their hair!" Then I thought, "Wait a minute, if it's a boy, I can't do that. Oh."

So starting that morning, I kind of was prepared for a girl.

I guess Maggie just decided that was the day to finally let us know!

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the second boy, Brinestone! [Smile]

I had my 36 week appointment today, and I had my first internal exam. I'm 75% effaced and 2 cm dilated. She felt the head (station is about -1) and everything. It's exciting, but I've heard too many stories to think that this means he's coming any day now. The doctor was careful not to get my hopes up for an early delivery or anything, but she did say it was good to be progressing like this since I'm a first time mom, especially the thinning cervix. [Smile] It's good to know things are looking good!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
It's exciting, but I've heard too many stories to think that this means he's coming any day now.
Good way to think-- but make sure you have some baby clothes washed and your hospital bag packed, just in case. [Wink]
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah...I should get on that bag packing thing. [Blushing]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the beautiful babies!

I had my 32 (36) week appointment with my OB today. It was...every bit as frustrating and disappointing as they have been up to now. [Frown]

Fortunately (or not, depending on how you look at it), he's finally realized that I'm not off my rocker in regards to the due date thing. To get there, though, involved an almost-heated discussion regarding my "huge baby, measuring about a month ahead so far," pressure to schedule a CS, how I must have undiagnosed GD since I'm measuring so big and missed the GTT due to the ice storm that left us blocked in and without power for five days, etc...blah, blah, blah.

So I finally made him go get a wheel thingie. spent ten minutes arguing with him about it, before he FINALLY gave me the darn thing and I showed him how to use it...then. it. was. a miracle. It was like a light bulb finally turned on for him and he apologized up one side and down the other, thanked me for being persistent, and asked politely how I felt about coming back in one week for the StrepB test. [Laugh]

So, it's 36 weeks TODAY and my "new, improved due date" is February 1st. [Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Congratulations on getting through to the OB. At least he apologized!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hurrah! He finally saw the light! (Idiot.) Did you laugh a lot? I would point and laugh every time I saw him, from now on. But I know you're nicer than me...

You do realize I'm EXACTLY three months behind you, with that due date. I think you must have magic powers or something, after I got back from that trip my cyst went away and I got pregnant right away...

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Okay, I'm finding it disturbing that the ad below this thread is about twin pregnancy.

My worst nightmare right now is an undetected twin-- unlikely, but I've heard of it-- I dream about it frequently...)

Boon
unregistered

Okay, I wasn't gonna say anything, but I have been having pink dreams for the last couple of weeks. I didn't know if this was for me or you, until you sent me pics of the gender shot. [Smile]

BUT, last night I had a pink dream, with 2 babies. Yours and mine? Both yours? Both mine? [Angst]

I thought maybe it was just my grandpa's prediction making me have the pink dreams, but with two babies...maybe this one's another girl. [Dont Know]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, heck, not two for me, ohhh, no.

If it's one yours and one mine, I'm gonna buy them matching outfits. You know that, right?

Boon
unregistered

That would be CUTE! And is exactly what I think, one mine and one yours. Of course, Grandpa HAS been wrong two or three times now (out of 5 kids, 14 grandkids, 37 great-grandkids and 8 great-great-grandkids). [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*plots sets of five matching dresses, instead of just three*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Jeff is gonna roll his eyes SO BAD. "You don't have enough fun matching all our girls? You have to match hers too?")
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I just went on the Land's End website and found the CUTEST dress that comes in big girl, little girl, toddler, AND has a baby version in sizes from 0-12 months. *makes plots for her share of this year's tax return*
Boon
unregistered

[Big Grin]
Christine
Member # 8594

Congrats on your boy, Brinestone!

I was having trouble getting a reading on this one, too. The pregnancy is very similar to my first but I never took that to mean I was going to have another boy. I started showing earlier, but that's typical of second pregnancies.

I think what really got in the way was that every time I thought I was having a girl I would think I was just getting my hopes up and force myself to think I was having a boy -- so I'd be prepared for whatever God gave me. (Two is probably it for me, so this may be my only chance to have one of each. I feel so lucky it worked out the way I hoped. I could still change my mind and go for #3, but at least now if I do, it will be because I want 3 children, and not because I'm hoping for a ____.)

Reading these last few posts, I realize I am having trouble remembering/keeping track of who has how many babies already and what ages.

I've got a 2-year-old son named Drake Alexander. (2 in November)

Anyone else?

Boon
unregistered

Daniel's 10, Jennifer's 9, Thomas is 3, and I'm 36+1 with the new one. Gender unknown, and we're not even close to picking a name (or two); not even down to a list.

And hubby's out of town for a week or two. And I'm trying to clean house; I have my home visit with my midwife and doula on Wednesday and my house is a wreck. And my poor Boo was sick last night with (TMI ALERT) foul-smelling liquid coming out both ends. Which means that, even though I cleaned my bathroom thoroughly yesterday, I have to do it again today. But at least he's better today.

Oh yeah, and have I mentioned the HEARTBURN?!?

::sigh:: I'm running out of steam.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
and we're not even close to picking a name (or two); not even down to a list.

I bet Ems would have some suggestions for you... She sure does for us! (She drew a picture of you with a baby in your tummy next to me with a baby in my tummy, btw. And Jen was bringing us drinks of water. And Thomas and Emma and Bridget were playing. Isn't that cute?)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
And my poor Boo was sick last night with (TMI ALERT) foul-smelling liquid coming out both ends. Which means that, even though I cleaned my bathroom thoroughly yesterday, I have to do it again today. But at least he's better today.

I sympathize. Except I've given up on cleaning house... I just clean the kitchens and the bathrooms, now. And the occasional load of laundry. Jeff is cleaning right now. And I practically live on Zantac...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Christine, I have Emma, 3, and Bridget, 20 months. [Smile]
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by Boon:
Daniel's 10, Jennifer's 9, Thomas is 3, and I'm 36+1 with the new one. Gender unknown, and we're not even close to picking a name (or two); not even down to a list.

And hubby's out of town for a week or two. And I'm trying to clean house; I have my home visit with my midwife and doula on Wednesday and my house is a wreck. And my poor Boo was sick last night with (TMI ALERT) foul-smelling liquid coming out both ends. Which means that, even though I cleaned my bathroom thoroughly yesterday, I have to do it again today. But at least he's better today.

::sigh:: I'm running out of steam.

Yuck! I'm sorry. :=(

I got really bad heartburn in my 3rd trimester with my son...I almost forgot. Maybe I can keep forgetting. (hoping...hoping...)

I'm trying to clean the house, too. My parents are in town next weekend so I need to do the BIG CLEAN and we're painting my son's new bedroom this weekend so the place is a wreck. At least my son will "help" me clean next week. He likes to sweep, vacuum, and cook. Not so big on the bathroom but can I blame him? :=)

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard that a family friend is naming her daughter after glass dishwear.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Corelle?
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Carnival?

edit: good guess, kq.

[ January 06, 2008, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Pyrex?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Correll but yeah it sounds like Corelle.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
(Jeff is gonna roll his eyes SO BAD. "You don't have enough fun matching all our girls? You have to match hers too?")

Let him roll his eyes. Men will never understand. [Wink] Actually I didn't understand either until recently. I don't have any kids myself, but do have 3 adorable nephews. Anyway, my sister-in-law is expecting my first niece and the moment I found out it was a girl, I went out shopping. Well, I must admit, I've been going a little overboard, but girl clothes are so much FUN! And matching outfits would be so adorable, if she wasn't going to be the only girl.

Anyway, I understand. There was one dress my sister-in-law and I liked so much that we, unbeknownst to each other bought it, luckily in different sizes. We considered returning one of them and then decided to keep both. My brother rolled his eyes... of course. [Smile]

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That happened at Emma's second birthday-- my two sisters each bought sundresses for her, and one of the dresses they bought was the same! They just both thought it was so cute!
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
If I have a second girl, she will be living on hand me downs probably, so I doubt they'll be much matching unless grandmas buy them. I have the first grandchild on both sides, only granddaughter, so I don't buy clothes. I also am saving half the toys she got for Christmas this year and giving them to her next year (she's one, she won't remember). And just so no one thinks I am being cruel, she is keeping a Little people pink castle, the pirate ship, six of the small extra sets to go with them, a baby's first laptop, a shopping cart, two baby dolls and a learning catepillar. Oh, and the giant legos.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I really try to restrain myself. I only buy a few matching outfits a year, and they're usually on deep, deep discount-- but Easter and Christmas dresses are ALWAYS matching! (Of course, I try to get those on sale too-- the two I got this year for their Christmas dresses were $17.50 each, originally $50 each, and I paid with a gift card to boot!) Bridey mostly wears hand-me-downs and Emma wears what other people give me, too, or clothes from the clearance rack and thrift store. (Well, they both get clothes from the thrift store.)

I'm glad I have such a great thrift store because I love shopping and we'd be really in trouble if I couldn't get everything I need for them (other than socks and underwear and tights, usually) for $5 or less.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Why am I awake?

I do not wish to be awake this early.

Silly children. (All three of them have contributed to my being up at this time. Grrr.)

Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Fortunately for me, Nathaniel seems to like to take his first nap between 8-11 AM. This usually means that I can sleep till at least 9 or 10.

We went for our first walk the day before yesterday: first in the Snugli, then in the stroller. (Lovely mild weather here, in the high 60s/ low 70s.)

In other FANTASTIC news, our insurance approved Synagis* shots for Nathaniel. We had gotten a letter saying that it wasn't approved, but today the pediatrician called to say it was. We had been trying to decide what to do, if we should pay for the shots ourselves--they're sooooo expensive. So sometimes insurance companies aren't evil! I'd say it makes sense from their POV, though...as expensive as the shots are, they're a LOT cheaper than a stay in the hospital.

*Synagis is a vaccine for RSV (cold virus). Nathaniel was born at 33 weeks 4 days, just outside the window for which the shots are given routinely (up to 32 weeks). RSV is particularly dangerous for preemies because of how often it can require hospitalization/ develop into pneumonia.

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hooray for getting the shots! I've got a lead on a discount on the carseats we have to buy; I'm waiting for an e-mail back on that one. *crosses fingers*
Christine
Member # 8594

I'm surprised they put the cutoff for getting those shots so early! RSV is nasty enough for term babies. (My niece got it when she was a couple of weeks old. She stopped breathing at one point...scary stuff.)

I'm glad you got it, though. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Grumble] I HATE BRAXTON-HICKS.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I rather liked them.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

O_o
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked 'em too. But I think we both had them for a lot shorter time and less frequently than kq.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.