FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 6)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*thumbsup*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on keeping food down, ketchupqueen. I hope you find a doctor that you like. Poor little Emma! I realized how difficult it would be to be sick with a child when I heard one of my hospital neighbor's little boy crying every day when he had to leave his mother. My heart goes out to you and your little sweetie.

Miriya, I can't imagine doing Thanksgiving during such terrible morning sickness. Can't you just sit this one out?

Space Opera, how are you? Any contractions?

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also waiting to hear from Space Opera. I'm getting impatient for my birth so I'm trying to live vicariously through others until my time comes. Mrs. M. your blog is wonderful, I check it every day. I'm so glad little Aerin is doing well.

Hang in the kq. Having little Emma upset when you're sick is hard. Kids are resilient though and she'll be okay. My son was about that age when I became pregnant for my daughter (they're 22 months apart) After a couple weeks he'd just bring me a bucket and pat me on the head when I looked green. This time they're all older and can bring cool drinks, tissue, etc. which is handy. [Wink]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

quote:
Miriya, I can't imagine doing Thanksgiving during such terrible morning sickness. Can't you just sit this one out?

I couldn't really get out of it since we hadn't seen my husband's cousins since my wedding (that's pushing a decade now) At least I didn't have to cook and it went reasonably well. I just ate sparingly.

I'm feeling much better now.... and I'll make sure I refill my meds well before I run out next time.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, helper monkeys. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a girl last year whose husband accidentally slammed the door with her finger still in it. She screamed in pain and after the door got opened was in excruciating pain and couldn't hide it. The three year old daughter was just beside herself. She described her daughter's reaction to me and just hearing about that kid's anguished reaction made me feel awful.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Emma always seems worried that she's the one who hurt me when I stub my toe or anything. It's so sad and sweet at the same time! And she tries to make me better by bringing me Baby (her baby doll) and kissing me and bringing me food.

This morning I must have looked kinda sick because when I was giving her her breakfast, she insisted on feeding me all her canteloupe. Then she asked for more, and I thought she would eat it this time. Nope. It all went to me.

And I kept it down, too, I think because it was fed to me with loving little Emma fingers. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

Food goes down so much better with a side dose of baby love. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yup. And the small amount of water and sugar really did make me feel better. At least for a while.
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm also waiting to hear from Space Opera.
No news is good news, right? [Big Grin]

KQ, the image of your daughter concerned as you are so sick is so pitiful! I remember the time Porter and I were flat on our backs sick and our one child (at the time) had found an old piece of sandwich he had apparently squirreled away. We were just so glad that he found something to eat!

quote:
I knew a girl last year whose husband accidentally slammed the door with her finger still in it. She screamed in pain and after the door got opened was in excruciating pain and couldn't hide it. The three year old daughter was just beside herself. She described her daughter's reaction to me and just hearing about that kid's anguished reaction made me feel awful.
This is one of the many reasons I balk at the idea of a home-birth. Not only does being around my kids stress me out and keep me from concentrating, do I really want them to see me go through that?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

I find hospitals stress me out and keep me from concentrating. [Razz] It's all a matter of what works for you.

My last home birth my two older kids were 22 months and 3 years old. They both SLEPT though the whole event. We tried waking them just to see their new sister. One didn't wake and the other opened one eye said, 'mmmmph, baby *snore*' So it isn't traumatic for kids by definition. [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe you don't yell quite like I do. [Wink]
Miriya
Member # 7822

My husband was reading this (I still haven't convinced him to register but I'm working on it) and he assures you I yell just fine. [Wink] But he admits I yelled far more briefly for my home births than during my three day hospital labour.

Actually I recall noticing AFTER my daughter was born that we had left the window open. [Angst] I was absolutely mortified!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Let me rephrase: Maybe you don't yell quite what I do. [Razz]
Miriya
Member # 7822

[ROFL]
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
bev, no news is BAD news [Cry]

I am soooo friggin' (insert real strong curse words here) sick of (more curse words) contractions. My entire abdomen tightens up if I just bend over, and last night the contractions were all in my back. Poor Mr. Opera gets so excited when they start, and so disappointed when they stop (though he tries to hide it). This is completely unlike the end of my other pregnancies and I'm not liking it one bit!

I have a dr.'s appointment on Friday during which she's said she wants to do a non-stress test. I'm kinda worried that she's really going to start pushing the induction card. I feel it's far too early for the testing (I'll still be 2 days away from my EDD) so I'm doing everything I can to encourage labor to begin.

**Possible TMI**

Mr. Opera and I have agreed that you have to really love each other to want to have sex at this point. It involves far too much laughing to incite much passion. [Razz]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
This is completely unlike the end of my other pregnancies and I'm not liking it one bit!
Been there. The first two, it was so straight-forward. Sure there was one or two occasions of "false labor", but when it hit, it hit hard and sudden and there was no question. Then my third kept being on and off, on and off, on and off. There seemed to be no end in sight. I was dialated to a 6 and they kept saying, "Just go to the hospital. They won't turn you away." But I did *not* want to be induced. And I wanted most of my labor to happen at home. [Frown]

Well, since I am planning to go natural again, I would use those contractions to practice meditation and relaxation techniques. But it is still disappointing when they don't go anywhere. [Frown]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hey. At least they stop.

Mine didn't. For two weeks. Until I went in to be induced.

divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha, SO! I so totally agree with your TMI!

*Hugs* for KQ. I'm not looking forward to the first trimester of my next pregnancy. I don't know if I can do it with one kid already here! If it wasn't illegal, I'd mail you my leftover Zofran to help you get through until you can see a doctor. Those pills totally helped me survive the holidays (and longer) last year!

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Not all your pregnancy will be the same. In my first pregnancy my morning sickness started in the second trimester and I threw up just about every day. With my second pregnancy I would be nauseous only at night and I only threw up once.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
In my first pregnancy my morning sickness started in the second trimester and I threw up just about every day.
Really? I've been wondering about this. Because I didn't have any nausea to speak of in the first trimester, but I've been queasy here in the second. I've never heard of this happening before.
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
It might have started at the end of the first, but it lasted through most of the second.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday was 20 weeks. Half way there. Woohoo!

Just had a check up and got to hear the heart beat again. I feel much better. I had been getting concerned that I had not felt the baby move yet, well after the time I felt the first two. Anyway, all is well. The next visit will be the find-out-the-sex ultrasound. Hopefully the baby cooperates.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Mama, I know people who did not feel their baby move until near the end, if then, and they were born very healthy; they just had very mellow babies. (As opposed to Emma, who didn't stop turning somersaults until I was in transition. :| ) Good luck! Maybe you'll get a mellow kid this time!
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not so concerned with mellow. My first priority is healthy. My second priority is girl, although all but one person says it's another boy. Oh well, I guess we will live up to the family tradition of 3 boys and 1 girl, assuming I eventually get my girl. [Smile]
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm sure the baby will be perfectly healthy. (((hugs)))
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Mama! I expected to feel this little guy move much earlier than my first two, but didn't, so it's probably just the same situation for you. Just remember (and I'm sure you do!) that eventually it gets to the part where I am where you groan every time they move 'cause it hurts...lol. I told Mr. Opera yesterday that we needed to inform Baby that the exit is down since he seemed determined to bust out the side of me using a foot.

Happy due date to me! [Party]

My appointment on Friday went great. The dr. didn't say a single word about induction and simply scheduled to see me again next week. We did have to have an NST done at the hospital, and the little guy looks great. Of course, I contracted throughout the entire test, so the nurses kept asking me if that was the day...obviously not! He definately has his own schedule.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

Happy due date Space Opera. [Party]

I have been thinking of you. Hang in there. It won't be long now [Wink] My third pregnancy went almost 2 weeks over-due (11 days over) and I was beyond cranky. I thought I'd murder the next person who said I wouldn't be pregnant forever. So I won't say it to you. [Razz]

Mama Squirrel: I've been told before that pregnant women who have little ones at home already are just too busy to notice those early light movements. Unlike first time moms (like I was) who have time to sit around wondering if every little pang of indigestion is a fetal movement. Give it a little more time and the unmistakable "get your foot out of my ribs!" movements will come. [Big Grin]

Miriya
Member # 7822

Remember, Mini-opera, the enemies gate is down.
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm dizzy, I'm sick, and I'm really, really exhausted.

And I still haven't got the thing the lady from DHS was supposed to send me more than a week ago. So no health coverage yet. I'm going to call her as soon as her lunch hour is over. *grumps*

rivka
Member # 4859

*hug*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, at least Jeff was able to come home on his lunch and deal with the owner so I didn't have to. And I have some Jolly Ranchers, which help me keep from throwing up when I have to do things like change dirty diapers.

But Emma went to her cupboard where we keep her cups and plates and such and got out a half-eaten apple she had apparently squirreled away there yesterday, and I had to debate in my head "How sick can it possibly make her?" before I got up the energy to take it away.

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an ultrasound tomorrow! Which more than makes up for the fact that I'm having a much harder time finding a comfortable position to sleep in lately.

Also, I'm ready to start showing, I think. I can tell I'm pregnant, and those who know me well can tell, but when I tell acquaintences and even friends who haven't seen me in a while, they look at me as if I'm crazy to say I'm 16 weeks along.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I wish I had that problem! I have barely gained 2 pounds, but have already had to move into my maternity pants. [Grumble] Stupid lack of muscle tone I never regained because of back problems...
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm growing out of all my clothes. But I'm thin, so the bulge that obviously looks like pregnancy bulge to me looks to everyone else like normal belly bulge.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's how I was my first pregnancy. This time, it's definite uterus show.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I am now nauseated because I ate chicken and rice soup.

Chicken and rice soup! How much blander can you get? This is ridiculous.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Rice in chicken soup has always made me nauseous. Noodles all the way!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Blech. I hate pasta as a general rule-- there are a few exceptions-- and absolutely despise noodles in any soup whatsoever except for Chinese Hot and Sour soup.
rivka
Member # 4859

You are both so very wrong.

Rice in chicken soup: good.
Noodles in chicken soup: yum.
Kreplach, matza balls, or won ton in soup: heaven in a bowl.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*loves matza balls in chicken soup, at least when done right*
Brinestone
Member # 5755

We're having a boy!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Mini Jon Boy! congrats, very likely you'll get a baby boy hat from me, much like the one for space opera, a photo of is in my foobonic album.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Congratulations! [Smile]

What're you going to name him? Or are you not telling? Or haven't decided yet?

Brinestone
Member # 5755

We haven't decided yet, and we probably won't decide for sure until he's out.

Oh, and breyerchic, that's so nice of you. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Wow, that's totally opposite of us; we have our next 5 or 6 names picked out already!
Brinestone
Member # 5755

What names do you have picked out for your little one?

Our top two names at the moment are Liam (sorry Olivet!) and Peter.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

If it's a boy, James Owen. If it's a girl, Bridget for the first name, and we're reconsidering the middle name. At this point, Jeff likes Kyla and I'm pushing for Niamh.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

I like the middle name you have chosen for if it's a boy. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.